Keane - "What have you to celebrate?"

TheMoog

As usual he talks sense but he has to have a bit of a dig as well. I don't think he can help himself ;)

The Irish Stevie :razz:

I wouldn't go that far.

he's absolutely spot on.

While enjoying the season ie winning regularly etc etc I find the euphoria of many at winning the 2nd division slighly embarrassing to be honest. Because that is all it is. The 2nd division.

Again, I think it's more a case of people being "euphoric" that they've now got something to smile about given what happened this time last year. We went so low don't forget, and many of us thought we'd go lower. I'm beyond relieved that for the time being at least, that's certainly not been the case.

I don't think winning the league alone is what people are so pleased about - it's about what it represents. I'd like to think we've turned the corner somewhat - but with a long way to go yet to truly be over the club's prior disaster in getting relegated in the first place and all that accompanied that. I'll always take pride in the club and being a Toon fan and this season only encourages that emotion in me. 

he's absolutely spot on.

While enjoying the season ie winning regularly etc etc I find the euphoria of many at winning the 2nd division slighly embarrassing to be honest. Because that is all it is. The 2nd division.

Again, I think it's more a case of people being "euphoric" that they've now got something to smile about given what happened this time last year. We went so low don't forget, and many of us thought we'd go lower. I'm beyond relieved that for the time being at least, that's certainly not been the case.

I don't think winning the league alone is what people are so pleased about - it's about what it represents. I'd like to think we've turned the corner somewhat - but with a long way to go yet to truly be over the club's prior disaster in getting relegated in the first place and all that accompanied that. I'll always take pride in the club and being a Toon fan and this season only encourages that emotion in me. 

Are you trying to justify something ?

Anyway - the flags, and singing of "champions" is cringeworthy. The only "Champions" is going to be Chelsea or Man U. Small clubs such as Wigan and Bolton may get their rocks off and sing "champions" at winning the 2nd division but a club like us is way beyond that. Although I realise standards have fallen.

I always thought he'd make a good Santa.

So the kid asks me for a teddy. A teddy?! A fucking teddy?! No way, not in Roy Keane's grotto - not now, not ever. I get him with a full bore sliding tackle halfway to the exit. Have that, you cunt. No half measures, no prisoners taken. I don't wait to be shown my cards, I'm up and walking straight away. I don't look back - you never look back on them - but I know I've done him good and proper. Good. He'll never ask Roy Keane for another teddy.

Former Manchester United ace Butt said: "Alex Ferguson once told me when I won my first medal you always have to enjoy it. Don't be embarrassed to enjoy it and celebrate.

"Whether it is the first thing, the youth cup, or today, I have enjoyed them exactly the same.

"The highs of winning the league, the Champions League and this. You don't sit there looking at your medal thinking it's not the same as the rest.

"You have won it. You are happy.

"Out there that could have been the Champions League. There may be hard times ahead but these are the days you want again and again."

Exactafuckingmundo :razz:

Edited by Christmas Tree

Speaking of the Mackems, I had a debate (if you can call it one) with one of them over the weekend who reckoned that because they'd won the Championship 4 times in between the 2 times we've won it then they're obviously more successful.

:razz:

Speaking of the Mackems, I had a debate (if you can call it one) with one of them over the weekend who reckoned that because they'd won the Championship 4 times in between the 2 times we've won it then they're obviously more successful.

;)

;)

It's a fair point in a backwards logic sort of way.

If the trophy counts as an "honour" and we include it on our history then he's right.

You should have stabbed him in the neck with a blunt, rusty butter knife when you had the chance.

;)

It's a fair point in a backwards logic sort of way.

If the trophy counts as an "honour" and we include it on our history then he's right.

But it's not on about honours, he was on about which club had been more successful over the last 17 years. He's a thick bastard... evidently!

Anyway - the flags, and singing of "champions" is cringeworthy. The only "Champions" is going to be Chelsea or Man U. Small clubs such as Wigan and Bolton may get their rocks off and sing "champions" at winning the 2nd division but a club like us is way beyond that. Although I realise standards have fallen.

Makes you sound like a miserable old man.

What's happened has happened, rather than hark on about it lets just hope that in the long run it's the best thing that could have happened to the club.

To be fair, i dont think anyone outside of Newcastle will be saying it was celebrated too much. I dont mean anyone inside or a supporter is saying it, just that looking at the overall media coverage, the SSN footage etc, it was celebrated but in an appropriate manner.