Keane - "What have you to celebrate?"

TheMoog

Manchester United legend Roy Keane has asked Newcastle United: What have you to celebrate?!!

The now Ipswich boss famously banned a city centre bus tour when he won the Championship on Wearside and insists he cannot see what all the fuss is about as Newcastle prepare to collect the trophy today.

He said: "I honestly don't think they should be having a party. I don't think there is anything to celebrate. I won the same league with Sunderland three years ago and when they asked me about a parade I nearly threw up.

"Let's face it, clubs like Newcastle and Sunderland should always be up there. It is no surprise that Newcastle are champions. I thought it was guaranteed.

"They have the best players, the most experienced players.

"They are physically very strong and they have that fantastic support. They can party all they want but they should really be focusing on next season."

Although I dislike the dog-wanking twat he does have a point. Still, I think with some of the current support and Ashley still in charge of the club we should probably take every little bit of possible celebration because it's not likely to happen very much any time soon.

Sounds like sour grapes if you ask me. What happened after the game yesterday is probably the only club 'party' that is going to happen. Saying 'they should really focus on next season' is ridiculous. Is he really saying that instead of doing what we did yesterday, we should of gone straight down the tunnel and held a team meeting about plans for the Premier League? We've got the whole bloody summer to focus on Premiership survival.

At the same time people said we had no divine right to be in the top flight, so which is it?

Indeed. We deserved to go down, had no divine right to stay up etc. Surely at least the players celebrate winning the league. All they can do is play the league they are in, it still took focus and determination etc. Of course we have to focus on next season, but lets let this one finish first.

An element of what he says is right, hence why none of us wanted the whole bus thing.

Exactly all we did was lift the trophy as per normal for a team that wins the division, pretty much the same as his Sunderland side but with better looking, classier people and a nicer ground.

So basically, we shouldn't have bothered lifting the trophy up? And a few drinks after? That's about as far as the public celebrations are going to go.

We're not having a bus parade or anything. After last season we deserve a bit of happiness. I think outpourings of emotion such as the pitch invasion on Monday are not so much just because we won a league but because we went so low and now have a reason to be proud of our club again.

He's mostly right, but as usual it was fuck all to do with the miserable twat!

Celebrate the day in the ground and everyone have a good night out after, players and fans, but i agree beyond that its stupid having open top bus parades and the likes for a club of this size getting back to the prem.

Manchester United legend Roy Keane has asked Newcastle United: What have you to celebrate?!!

The now Ipswich boss famously banned a city centre bus tour when he won the Championship on Wearside and insists he cannot see what all the fuss is about as Newcastle prepare to collect the trophy today.

He said: "I honestly don't think they should be having a party. I don't think there is anything to celebrate. I won the same league with Sunderland three years ago and when they asked me about a parade I nearly threw up.

"Let's face it, clubs like Newcastle and Sunderland should always be up there. It is no surprise that Newcastle are champions. I thought it was guaranteed.

"They are physically very strong and they have that fantastic support. They can party all they want but they should really be focusing on next season."

Although I dislike the dog-wanking twat he does have a point. Still, I think with some of the current support and Ashley still in charge of the club we should probably take every little bit of possible celebration because it's not likely to happen very much any time soon.

he's absolutely spot on.

While enjoying the season ie winning regularly etc etc I find the euphoria of many at winning the 2nd division slighly embarrassing to be honest. Because that is all it is. The 2nd division.

he's absolutely spot on.

While enjoying the season ie winning regularly etc etc I find the euphoria of many at winning the 2nd division slighly embarrassing to be honest. Because that is all it is. The 2nd division.

I know what you mean, but I think it's pretty classless of Keane to bring it up and as someone else has said it smacks of sour grapes. It would have been much more sporting /polite for him to keep his congratulations to, well just that really.

He may have been a great and successful player and he may be correct in what he says more often than not but he's still a fucking prick. As with Bellamy, Mourinho and other obnoxious but talented individuals I'd ultimately rather have players/mangers that were winners than those that weren't but it is possible to be successful and not a complete cunt - Shearer, Giggs etc.

Slightly off topic but as the chants of "He wanks his dog" were ringing out yesterday I heard the bloke behind me say to his mate "Im thinking of getting a dog like" ;)

:razz:

:icon_lol:

Why do you sing that he wanks his dogs?

Slightly off topic but as the chants of "He wanks his dog" were ringing out yesterday I heard the bloke behind me say to his mate "Im thinking of getting a dog like" ;)

:razz:

:icon_lol:

Why do you sing that he wanks his dogs?

Because he does.