Bridget Phillipson MP

Craig

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems to be the thread for roundabout crash stories:

A Surrey garage worker has good reason to believe his bosses will "kill him" after he pranged a client's £200k Ferrari 612 Scaglietti.

The unnamed lad, in his early 20s, had taken the 196 mph motor for a "quick road test" following an MOT in New Malden. In the process, he somehow managed to hit a lamppost and jump a two-foot wall into a middle of a roundabout, where the car came to rest "seriously damaged", as the Telegraph puts it.

Eyewitness Gary Adams said: "He was driving along one minute and the next the car was in the middle of the roundabout. He looked pretty stressed out when he realised the car was wrecked and kept saying his bosses would kill him."

Another anonymous witness confirmed: "He just lost control and smashed into a lamppost and then the car mounted the roundabout and ended up in the middle of it. There were no other cars involved - he just lost it as he went round the roundabout."

Paramedics treated the poor chap for shock at the scene, although he was otherwise none the worse for wear.

Police said the incident constituted a "one car accident", and that no investigation was necessary.

There was an urban myth that went around during the 80s about Yuppies crashing sports cars after picking them up from the dealers and I used to work with a lad who actually did it (though in about 97) . it was a 911 and not a roundabout but he lost control at a T junction with traffic lights and hit a lorry on the other side of the road - total write-off.

Edited by NJS

• 3 weeks later...

She made Cameron look quite bad actually, he clearly hadn't bothered doing his homework regarding her question (Something to do with Nissan grants). It takes years for some new MPs to ask PMQs so yeah, quite impressive, she seems to be on the fast track.

Not according to the BBC's live coverage.

I'd be very surprised if they let a new MP get a word in at Cameron's first PMQ.

A number of new MPs will have the chance to make an impact, with Toby Perkins (Lab, Chesterfield), Bridget Phillipson (Lab, Houghton and Sunderland South) and Nadhim Zahawi (Con, Stratford-on-Avon) all on the order paper to ask the prime minister a question.

Had it on the radio on the background, missed the name but I thought I recognised her voice.

Going down well in twitter land....

good Q well delivered from new MP Bridget Phillipson about a grant for Nissan

Excellent debut by Bridget Phillipson MP at Prime Minister's Questions.

Bridget Phillipson will be a significant figure in the Labour Party mark my words.

Alright, I know nothing about Bridget Phillipson or her policies. But I'd so vote for her. <3
;)

Guest alex

I'd be very surprised if they let a new MP get a word in at Cameron's first PMQ.

Next time someone posts something, count to ten before googling it to try and prove them wrong :icon_lol:;)

Next time someone posts something, count to ten before googling it to try and prove them wrong :icon_lol:;)

I had the page already opened. :D

Not sure that makes me sound any less pathetic than if I had've googled it.

Gemmill twittering like mad.

Build her up to blackmail her in the future over notwashinghandsgate.

Doesnt come with a clean pair of hands himself iirc. Sit-down wiper.