Spain win 2010 WORLD CUP.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted. :lol:

Think you lot did all right this competition. Is it just me or did this World Cup getting more press than previous? I noticed the 1st black president was in attendance to watch your final game. As ever I think the US team are well organised and physically capable, they just need a few more flair players imo.

Hopefully as the game grows in popularity you'll see a better domestic league, which will, of course, improve the national side.

either way, no disgrace this year mate.

I thought they did well. Bradley is one of the fittest players I've seen. He runs all day.

That Ghana squad aren't up to much though-it looks the easiest path to he final, whereas England would potentially have to beat Germany, Spain and Brazil? Anyone who beat that lot would be worthy winners.

Gutted. :icon_lol:

Think you lot did all right this competition. Is it just me or did this World Cup getting more press than previous? I noticed the 1st black president was in attendance to watch your final game. As ever I think the US team are well organised and physically capable, they just need a few more flair players imo.

Hopefully as the game grows in popularity you'll see a better domestic league, which will, of course, improve the national side.

Fucking hell, how patronising? :lol:

Edited by Sima

Sima, what is the point in you? :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

Haha, such a woeful attempt at a dismissal. Your vindication by LM confirms this. Not even in proper English :icon_lol:

Seriously, stop overdosing on the spacker tablets and try again.

Edited by Sima

Haha, such a woeful attempt at a dismissal. Your vindication by LM confounds this. Not even in proper English :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

I was also agreeing with him .......

Haha, such a woeful attempt at a dismissal. Your vindication by LM confirms this. Not even in proper English :icon_lol:

What an angry chap you are. :icon_lol: How's about you stop being such a contrary Mary, calm down and take another moment to consider what little benefit you are to the world, before doing the right thing and ending it all in a bathtub while listening to your Katie Meluah/Jack Johnson megamix.

:lol:

Another call for technology with an atrocious decision. Massive replay in the stadium proves it's an offside and yet the ref still gives it.

Another call for technology with an atrocious decision. Massive replay in the stadium proves it's an offside and yet the ref still gives it.

Seriously, if FIFA can't source enough referees and assistants to run a decent World Cup, then they need to start relying on technology more. Some of the officiating at this World Cup has been fucking appalling.

I know I'm insular in only caring about NUFC but today made me think of us against Watford twice.

I've been an advocate of goal line technology since seeing a Mick Quinn goal disallowed at Vicarage road in 1990 when Coton whose body was spanning the line reached behind himself to claw the ball out and I just happened to be standing right behind the linesman in line with it who refused to give it - either blindness, cowardice or corruption being the only valid explanations.

I also remember the last time we played them in the premier league where they scored a goal identical to Tevez' but without the defenders to provide any doubt.

Seriously, if FIFA can't source enough referees and assistants to run a decent World Cup, then they need to start relying on technology more. Some of the officiating at this World Cup has been fucking appalling.

Whaddya reckon about rolling out that 5 Official thing they tried in the UEFA cup (whatever it's called now)?

Whaddya reckon about rolling out that 5 Official thing they tried in the UEFA cup (whatever it's called now)?

I love the logic that you can eliminate human error by introducing two extra humans.

I love the logic that you can eliminate human error by introducing two extra humans.

well if they're not willing to take up technology, and they pushed a 5 official idea, it's sure;y better than nowt?

well if they're not willing to take up technology, and they pushed a 5 official idea, it's sure;y better than nowt?

They need to go the technology route. This stuff that a World Cup Finals needs to be officiated in exactly the same way as a parks game is balls.

It's worked in cricket, its worked in rugby and its worked in tennis.

They either use a Hawkeye system on the goal-line or the fourth official has a tv screen in front of him and can buzz the ref.

They need to go the technology route. This stuff that a World Cup Finals needs to be officiated in exactly the same way as a parks game is balls.

It's worked in cricket, its worked in rugby and its worked in tennis.

They either use a Hawkeye system on the goal-line or the fourth official has a tv screen in front of him and can buzz the ref.

Hey, I'm all for tech, but the FIFA fellas don't seem to be. Which is why I suggested their previous suggestion