Spain win 2010 WORLD CUP.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are few sights in football better than seeing a team of spoilers chasing a game to no avail when they go a goal down.

another disappointing clash between two big sides that promised much more. portugal were very poor. mad that they were so negative with players like ronaldo and simao in the side. ronaldo hardly got the ball, you'd think they would be feeding him at every opportunity.

some of spain's short passing game in the second half was class mind. villa looks on fire too. they look like one of the teams that might be in the mix

with the argies and the brazilians. torres didn't look fit and was mostly a passenger. i wouldn't be surprised if he's benched for the next game.

another disappointing clash between two big sides that promised much more. portugal were very poor. mad that they were so negative with players like ronaldo and simao in the side. ronaldo hardly got the ball, you'd think they would be feeding him at every opportunity.

some of spain's short passing game in the second half was class mind. villa looks on fire too. they look like one of the teams that might be in the mix

with the argies and the brazilians. torres didn't look fit and was mostly a passenger. i wouldn't be surprised if he's benched for the next game.

Kahn was saying that Portugal actually had about 12min ball possesion in total. Serve them right with the old two banks of 4 and booting up to Ronaldo lark.

To be honest its been a desparately disappointing world cup - 50+ games and out of those I would say only 3 or 4 have been decent and even they were not classics. Sadly I have had the misfortune to watch the vast majority.

Even teams like Holland and Portugal seem cautious, negative and defensive. Its such a shame that a potentially great sporting event, in fact the best world sporting event in my opinion, is so dull.

I really hope that the quarter finals particularly Germany v Argentina and Holland v Brazil turn out to be attacking entertaining games , if not then I honestly believe that football as a sport has a major problem and is failing to realise its full potential

No goals for Portugal in their 270 minutes against real teams.

Diddums. :D

Evidently one of those nights... couldn't even hit the camera :rolleyes:

To be honest its been a desparately disappointing world cup - 50+ games and out of those I would say only 3 or 4 have been decent and even they were not classics. Sadly I have had the misfortune to watch the vast majority.

Even teams like Holland and Portugal seem cautious, negative and defensive. Its such a shame that a potentially great sporting event, in fact the best world sporting event in my opinion, is so dull.

I really hope that the quarter finals particularly Germany v Argentina and Holland v Brazil turn out to be attacking entertaining games , if not then I honestly believe that football as a sport has a major problem and is failing to realise its full potential

Mourinho has ruined football.

I know that players like Simao and C. Ronaldo are the exceptions rather than the rule in the Portugal side and I know that by playing that system they had gone on a long unbeaten run and had risen up the Fifa rankings (to 3rd or something pre-tournament - JTFW BTW) but they didn't even show any real attacking ambition (against a Spain side who can be gotten at at the back) when they were losing 1-0 and going out of the World Cup. Good riddance.

Were evidently wanting to take it to penalties knowing that in Eduardo, they have a keeper with an extremely good record in shoot-outs.

Funny as fuck when Villa scored and it all fell apart :D

I'm sure one of the commentators or maybe Hansen said something about "going into what is effectively a cup final and playing for penalties - madness".

Made me think of Dalglish in 98 made worse by the fact there would have been a replay as well before the pens.

Going back to last night, it was also incredibly stupid taking Almeida off

Guest Gordon McKeag

Ashley Cole "I hate England and it's people" well fuck off to Jamaica or anywhere that's not here then you cunt!

Ashley Cole "I hate England and it's people" well fuck off to Jamaica or anywhere that's not here then you cunt!

When did he say that? The feeling's pretty mutual like.

The awkward silence after Lawrenson tries to be funny is getting a bit difficult to stomach now. Someone should just shoot him.

its pathetic isnt it :D