Spain win 2010 WORLD CUP.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never heard of a professional goalkeeper that stands at only 5 ft 7, but for one to be playing at a world cup is mental.

Didn't Mexico have another keeper who was canny famous who was also pretty short? Edit: Looked it up - Campos - 5'6" :lol:

Edited by alex

I've never heard of a professional goalkeeper that stands at only 5 ft 7, but for one to be playing at a world cup is mental.

Didn't Mexico have another keeper who was canny famous who was also pretty short? Edit: Looked it up - Campos - 5'6" :lol:

And here he is in a late foray up field :icon_lol:

dwarf%20football.png

If Argentina win the World Cup will Jonas be the first Newcastle player ever to win it while playing for us? (can't remember had we already signed Guivarch before France 98)???

Yeah we'd already signed Guivarc'h or else I'm sure we'd have been gazumped by Milan. Or Barcelona.

Edited by Sima

Anybody else hear Andy Gray suggest Alan Shearer for the England job, citing "You don't need to be able to coach, just put your arm round these players and let them know they're giants"

it's fucking silly-season again isn't it.

Anybody else hear Andy Gray suggest Alan Shearer for the England job, citing "You don't need to be able to coach, just put your arm round these players and let them know they're giants"

it's fucking silly-season again isn't it.

"it alright lad you've just been fucking awful in all of the games but you know what? you're brilliant anyway"

can see that working just great

Brazil and the Dutch to go through tonight.

Chile to put up a fight. But with CB missing through suspension its going to be difficult for them.

Guest The Three Lions

I'll be wanting Chile to win it now, best team in the tournament so far, only team I've seen who have played really well in all of their games.

Supporting the Dutch now like.

Yesh, me too.

Same here, some very technically good players as always and I sort of feel they deserve a world cup for all the great teams/players they've produced through the decades.

I'll be wanting Chile to win it now, best team in the tournament so far, only team I've seen who have played really well in all of their games.

They really lack a cutting edge though, can't see them finishing enough chances (if they get them) to beat Brasil. They should have destroyed Switzerland but only got one goal, similar story against Honduras

Supporting the Dutch now like.

Yesh, me too.

Same here, some very technically good players as always and I sort of feel they deserve a world cup for all the great teams/players they've produced through the decades.

True, they deserve it because they've produced some of the greatest players of all time and some of the best football. Pity 'total' football was fundamentally flawed really. Also it's a damn fine country.

I have the Dutch in the office sweepstake but find a bit of reluctance in supporting them due to the Scouse contingent and the cheat Robben.

Well I'll swap you for Japan then.

Another call for technology with an atrocious decision. Massive replay in the stadium proves it's an offside and yet the ref still gives it.

Seriously, if FIFA can't source enough referees and assistants to run a decent World Cup, then they need to start relying on technology more. Some of the officiating at this World Cup has been fucking appalling.

Whaddya reckon about rolling out that 5 Official thing they tried in the UEFA cup (whatever it's called now)?

I love the logic that you can eliminate human error by introducing two extra humans.

well if they're not willing to take up technology, and they pushed a 5 official idea, it's sure;y better than nowt?

They need to go the technology route. This stuff that a World Cup Finals needs to be officiated in exactly the same way as a parks game is balls.

It's worked in cricket, its worked in rugby and its worked in tennis.

They either use a Hawkeye system on the goal-line or the fourth official has a tv screen in front of him and can buzz the ref.

Hey, I'm all for tech, but the FIFA fellas don't seem to be. Which is why I suggested their previous suggestion

Seriously, how much is it going to cost for goal-line technology?? two cameras, one positioned 10ft above each crossbar looking downwards linked to a monitor just inside the entrance to the players tunnel and a big screen if there is one. Couple of hundred quid at most and will take a matter of a minute to confirm either way.

As has been said already it works in cricket and that hasn't got half the revenue football does. Blatter is a control freak IMO.