What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Public services are (I assume) much better for having strict grades and compensation changes that go hand in hand with it so I guess it would be alien to you. Certainly the civil servants that have transitioned into our company have MUCH better protections of their pay progression.

The union in my private company are almost powerless to enforce proper pay grades for non-transitioned folk in comparison to public sector unions. It's frequently a case of being totally shit on when it comes to the annual review time. There's nowt stopping them from blaming the economic downturn for the lack of recognition...when they are laying off 10% of our team they don't expect people to complain about pay for performance going out the window. It's accepted and encouraged that you leave a company and go elsewhere if you think your pay is unfair. You see the same people coming back 6 months later as contractors on twice the money.

It's the same in the NHS as you get to the top bands tbh. Many a time my dad has been told he is now in charge of a whole new service on top of what he is currently managing for the same wage.

Get well soon Tooj.

In other news I just wired a cooker in so I'm feeling disproportionately proud :lol:

I could be wrong, but doesn't self wiring a cooker invalidate your insurance (if things go wrong), and even lead to manslaughter charges if it caused a fire that led to a death????

Just saying :lol:

Pretty decent mood. 6 separate compliments to the chef today. It's my menu this week so an added bonus. A regular even asked if there was a new chef in the kitchen. :D

Also a little anxious - I had a phone interview on tuesday for an NVQ assessor job which went alright - It'll be supervising young chefs through their qualification, so a good career move for me at this moment in time. They aren't interviewing until September though, so might be a long wait to get an invite. :unsure2:

Pretty decent mood. 6 separate compliments to the chef today. It's my menu this week so an added bonus. A regular even asked if there was a new chef in the kitchen. :D

Also a little anxious - I had a phone interview on tuesday for an NVQ assessor job which went alright - It'll be supervising young chefs through their qualification, so a good career move for me at this moment in time. They aren't interviewing until September though, so might be a long wait to get an invite. :unsure2:

Really?

Why do you want to get out of the Kitchen?

Those NBQ assessor jobs can be pretty monotonous.

Crap money, dead end job. I'd much rather be a keen amateur cook at home than work in a restaurant.

I can get more money and bolster my CV as an NVQ assessor and hop around restaurants all day. It'd be a good gateway into education too, which is something I've been considering getting into for a while. I've done some shadow days at a local school, I even sat in and helped out in a food tech lesson. I'd love to get a job where I can help teach others how to much around in the kitchen.

Crap money, dead end job. I'd much rather be a keen amateur cook at home than work in a restaurant.

I can get more money and bolster my CV as an NVQ assessor and hop around restaurants all day. It'd be a good gateway into education too, which is something I've been considering getting into for a while. I've done some shadow days at a local school, I even sat in and helped out in a food tech lesson. I'd love to get a job where I can help teach others how to much around in the kitchen.

fair do's

38 years old and I have to have the MMR vaccine tomorrow morning or I'm not allowed to work with patients.

Which is kind of compulsory in my job.

Lush.

Apprehensive. Just boarded the plane to Hamburg for imminent stag weekend mayhem. Kind of forgot to eat yet today (unless a Staropramen and two Rennies at the airport count), so things are already starting less than optimally. :D

Apprehensive. Just boarded the plane to Hamburg for imminent stag weekend mayhem. Kind of forgot to eat yet today (unless a Staropramen and two Rennies at the airport count), so things are already starting less than optimally. :D

Surely YOU LOT are the last people who need to use a staropramen and I'm pretty sure you've spelt it wrong!

Fucking hell, look at this. Just boarded a plane and using his phone to tell us despite it completely destroying every vital piece of electronic equipment on board, sending everyone to a fiery death.

Its the bairn I feel for the most, there's no dad on the scene and they were living with my mate's folks. They haven't a nut to their name, pensioners, don't know what's going to happen with the young'un in the long run, my pal may have to take her in.