What mood are you in and why?

catmag

:lol:

I can speak authentic mackem no problem at all, to the point where you wouldn't know I was putting it on.

Yet seven years of skewel never really affected me :)

Just heard I have a telephone interview at seven tonight so feeling quite good.

I'm just out of the dentist too, £11 for a check up. Every time I leave that place I feel like I've robbed them.

Downside is that I'm grinding my teeth at night and have to wear a mouthguard. <_< Still only 80 quid for that though.

I'm in a cracking mood, just found out I've got a job interview on Thursday. It's a canny job, no pay increase, but quite interesting. To be honest, I'm still not sure if I would 100% take it if I was offered it, but it's the first job I've applied for in a long time and it's just nice to know that you done enough on paper to want them to speak to you. Gives you confidence that you're selling yourself well on paper anyway!

Just had a phone interview with an American woman which went extremely well: "When I saw your resume I thought it belonged to someone already working for us and you've confirmed you're a good fit" - of course theres another three fucking stages yet but I'll be very disappointed if I don't go forward.

I'm in a cracking mood, just found out I've got a job interview on Thursday. It's a canny job, no pay increase, but quite interesting. To be honest, I'm still not sure if I would 100% take it if I was offered it, but it's the first job I've applied for in a long time and it's just nice to know that you done enough on paper to want them to speak to you. Gives you confidence that you're selling yourself well on paper anyway!

Still public sector?

Good luck obviously Dave.

Fuming. Got offered a 6 month contract 6 weeks ago for a position by an agency for which you need security clearance. They've just phoned up and said security was taking too long so the employer has filled the role internally. Anyone know where I stand?

Agreed, nowt signed so am screwed. Its the other jobs I've turned down in the last two months and the fact that this job finishes a week Thursday thats the problem. This can be a tricky time of year even though Christmas is two months away. I have a nasty feeling the agency have put someone with full clearance in there and may be "embellishing" the truth somewhat...

On the bright side you'll have your clearance ready for next time.

Wor lass was very strongly encouraged to apply for a role at work, interviewed and then not given it (she 'wasn't experienced enough' which they knew without the need to interview her). She was obviously a bit pissed off and confused. I was stotting as I'd given up an entire Sunday to help her with her presentation. Well half an hour anyway. Then, 2 weeks later she was offered it on an interim basis. Employing people is one area of life where any sort of common decency no longer seems to be valid, you're up for a job then expect to be treated like shite.

On the bright side you'll have your clearance ready for next time.

Wor lass was very strongly encouraged to apply for a role at work, interviewed and then not given it (she 'wasn't experienced enough' which they knew without the need to interview her). She was obviously a bit pissed off and confused. I was stotting as I'd given up an entire Sunday to help her with her presentation. Well half an hour anyway. Then, 2 weeks later she was offered it on an interim basis. Employing people is one area of life where any sort of common decency no longer seems to be valid, you're up for a job then expect to be treated like shite.

Its queer as fuck isnt it? I've done a phone interview. off the back of that came a contract offer, then I passed a medical including a drugs and alcohol test (sadly I passed, must be getting old ;) ) and had been told by the agent at half 4 last night that there was no problems with my security forms, she'd spoken to them and they were processing them this week. I've told the world and his wife where I work now that I was just waiting to hear about a start date, and now this. Feel a right dick tbh. Could do a Peter Odemwingie and just drive up there and sit outside the gates? :doh:

No, its pointless giving them both barrells, theyre a big player in this game and tbf to the lass I was dealing with I think she's been told "phone that fucker up and tell him its off" by her boss, when really it shouldve have come from him/her. Found the confirmation email,would you think its pretty much nailed on on getting this?....

Good morning Rob,

Congratulations!

Following on from our conversation on the phone, I am pleased to confirm your offer for the role of Quality Control Inspector with *****

Please find below confirmation of the details for the position.

Job title: Quality Control Inspector

Contract Duration: 6 months

Pay: ****

Security:

You will need MOD security clearance for this position – please complete the attached Security Documents in full, and send to:

:lol: still cant beleive it

Surely the employer and agency know how long clearance takes?

Yeah, you'd imagine so. I applied for it in July, they didnt get back in touch till the beginning of September...they weren't in that much of a hurry then, but as soon as its no longer conveniant to hang around am dumped.

No, its pointless giving them both barrells, theyre a big player in this game and tbf to the lass I was dealing with I think she's been told "phone that fucker up and tell him its off" by her boss, when really it shouldve have come from him/her. Found the confirmation email,would you think its pretty much nailed on on getting this?....

Good morning Rob,

Congratulations!

Following on from our conversation on the phone, I am pleased to confirm your offer for the role of Quality Control Inspector with *****

Please find below confirmation of the details for the position.

Job title: Quality Control Inspector

Contract Duration: 6 months

Pay: ****

Security:

You will need MOD security clearance for this position please complete the attached Security Documents in full, and send to:

:lol: still cant beleive it

That's a disgrace, mate. I'd ban all employment agencies tomorrow as it happens. Their whole premise is just wrong imo.

Agreed, nowt signed so am screwed. Its the other jobs I've turned down in the last two months and the fact that this job finishes a week Thursday thats the problem. This can be a tricky time of year even though Christmas is two months away. I have a nasty feeling the agency have put someone with full clearance in there and may be "embellishing" the truth somewhat...

Hindsight is wonderful, but never turn anything down until its concrete.

Haven't slept a wink and I'm not even at work. Might admit defeat and get up..

I was awake at three last week and admitted defeat at four to get up. Was nodding like churchill the dog by nine that night. :lol: (I'm laughing but it's shit, like).

That's a disgrace, mate. I'd ban all employment agencies tomorrow as it happens. Their whole premise is just wrong imo.

Cant say I disagree too much with that mate, but tbf to this particular one I think they've not done much wrong, its the contractor who has moved the goalposts. Why the fuck they asked the agecy to fill a position they had an employee for in the first place beats me like, but there you go.