What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Hope whatever's wrong with you gets diagnosed and fixed asap HMHM. You sound like you need to keep an eye on your mental health too at this time. I know all to well how easy it is to ignore that and suffer serious consequences. Not much more than a year ago as you will know I was in an awful state mentally and physically. Life is tough. We're all here though - this place really, really helped me and I will be forever grateful for that. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Just keeping an eye in case it gets worse tbh. :good:I was supposed to contact 'The Nash' yesterday about being a benefit sponger but obviously I couldn't. If ever there was a good time for a chinless wonder Tory MP to visit hospitals and talk to patients NOW'S THE TIME MOTHERFUCKER! :lol:

Get well soon. Obviously only after you've been "seen". 🙂 

nurse GIF

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Hope whatever's wrong with you gets diagnosed and fixed asap HMHM. You sound like you need to keep an eye on your mental health too at this time. I know all to well how easy it is to ignore that and suffer serious consequences. Not much more than a year ago as you will know I was in an awful state mentally and physically. Life is tough. We're all here though - this place really, really helped me and I will be forever grateful for that. 

Health wise I'll be ok, it's just diverticulitis but they're making sure everything works as I very sore and they don't want it perforating and having to operate. The mental thing will be a bit harder, I had my hopes pinned on those jobs, especially the last one. Was a blow I'll not lie. If the wife worked it wouldn't be a big deal wages wise but she doesn't so I can't just take anything. The concerning thing is they went well and the last one, one of the interviewers was the mate of a mate and knew I was coming. If I don't get the job under those circumstances then seriously, what the fuck? 

12 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Health wise I'll be ok, it's just diverticulitis but they're making sure everything works as I very sore and they don't want it perforating and having to operate. The mental thing will be a bit harder, I had my hopes pinned on those jobs, especially the last one. Was a blow I'll not lie. If the wife worked it wouldn't be a big deal wages wise but she doesn't so I can't just take anything. The concerning thing is they went well and the last one, one of the interviewers was the mate of a mate and knew I was coming. If I don't get the job under those circumstances then seriously, what the fuck? 

Because of your wife's situation this is especially going to pile a lot of stress on you. I've been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, I had always just assumed it was irritable bowel disease but after a period of huge stress a few years back it flared and I was shitting a lot of blood. Very scary before it was diagnosed (bowel cancer excluded). Point I am trying to make is that your mental and physical health will be linked and if one worsend the other will. 

My advice for now is to take some time out at least over christmas and New Year. Re-evaluate in the new year. I'm not going to advise on any mental health strategies because nothing worked for me. Talking therapy, anti-depressants, pointless mindfullness exercises, either did bugger alll or made things worse. I guess getting physcially fitter and in my case knocking back the booze are the only things that help, alongside family and friends. 

Apologies for the waffle. Be kind to yourself right now. Take abreak, is my advice. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Fuck’s sake- have they said what they think is up? 

Also, ask your favourite nurse for a prostate exam :lol:

Giddup! 

🙋🏻‍♂️ I got that without asking from an astonishing goregeous blonde junior doctor when I had my gall bladder out :D 

His name was Simon, enjoyed paddle boarding in his spare time :good: 

• Haha 9

HMHM, sorry to hear about your health troubles and the job stuff. Not a lot we can say but shout if there's anything anyone can help with. CVs, Excel courses (!) or anything else.

I really hope something turns up soon but in the meantime get your belly right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hope you’re feeling better soon @Howmanheyman  

Not sure what line of work you’re after or whether you drive, but there seems to be a lot of jobs up for grabs around the Nissan support factories. 

Just remember all bad times eventually pass and something will turn up soon. 

Keep your chins up 👍🏻

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

HMHM, sorry to hear about your health troubles and the job stuff. Not a lot we can say but shout if there's anything anyone can help with. CVs, Excel courses (!) or anything else.

I really hope something turns up soon but in the meantime get your belly right.

image.jpg

"Always with the excel!"

• Haha 5

Re: the Mental health side of things, I'd 100% agree that this place has been a help for me when it's got bad. I'd also echo what Renton said about physical and mental health being inexorably linked. You don't have to become a gym rat, a simple bit of exercise a day can be such a huge help. 

I know talk therapy didn't work for Renton, but it's helped me massively whereas pills did nowt but numb me to everything which was a stressor in and of itself. 

The point is whatever works for you is the best thing for you, and taking whatever small steps you can now, will help so, so much later on. 

Good luck with the job hunt, I've been unemployed for spells before and it's a fucking grind. Ended up treating job application as a full time job. Having a routine, taking coffee and lunch breaks around searching for a job, researching the company offering the job, tweaking my CV to best fit what that job is asking for, writing a cover letter  and all that shit. Felt like I'd been productive even when the rejection came.

• Like 4

Well that sucks HMHM, especially with the interview timing. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise you're getting this addressed now though and not a matter of days after you've started a new job. You want to be fit and firing when you start something, especially if it's something you're looking at as more than just a stopgap. 

Sick-days while on probation can put a right downer on a job that might otherwise have been a cushy and plain-sailing affair.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

🙋🏻‍♂️ I got that without asking from an astonishing goregeous blonde junior doctor when I had my gall bladder out :D 

His name was Simon, enjoyed paddle boarding in his spare time :good: 

Frighteningly similar experience for my last testicular cancer screening. "Has your left testicle always been slightly larger than the right?"

"My left or yours? Don't leave me hanging here Simon."

• Haha 2

Feeling blergh.

A few weeks back got a chest infection.  Knocked me out for a couple of days, but took a good ten days to fuck off fully.  Yet, I don't feel like it's fully gone.  Cough every now and then and feel like I have a cold,. but I dont.  Finish work for the year next week and go to the Lakes for a few days so hoping the rest and some fresh air will help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Feeling blergh.

A few weeks back got a chest infection.  Knocked me out for a couple of days, but took a good ten days to fuck off fully.  Yet, I don't feel like it's fully gone.  Cough every now and then and feel like I have a cold,. but I dont.  Finish work for the year next week and go to the Lakes for a few days so hoping the rest and some fresh air will help.

Fingers crossed, it sounds on the way out?

Just had an email about a telephone interview today so had to tell them I'm in hospital and may or may not be out today so can't guarantee it so that's another avenue fucked if they think I'm going to be a walking sicknote? (which I'm not). 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Feeling blergh.

Could be the same thing my little lad had. Some kind of pneumonia-thing.