What mood are you in and why?

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lump turned out to be nowt. Pretty happy I live near the Christie, the staff there are amazing. Old man has had to move onto radiotherapy, but still looking positive. My new job starts soon,

"Peter Pigeon, general builder here. Over the moon at the minute, did a quick botch job on a lentil eating leftie with a bird phobia. How'd you get the job, you ask? I told him I'd get some family to

Mixed. Found a lump on my ribs (got a scan this weekend), think I might have flu too. I’ve been rough as fuck for a couple of days but none of the stated corona symptoms.   House is upside d

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

No idea how I'm going to keep sane working from home. I'm a creature of habit and sitting at the table, trying to work on a laptop instead of being in the office is weird. Especially as the wife has a 1,000 piece Winnie the Pooh jigsaw just begging to be finished...

• Haha 1

I mean, I don't want to be the wfh police but fuck me, give me this over having to get on packed tubes or sit next to some cunt who doesn't wash his hands cos "it's MY fucking knob I've touched!" 

If you're still getting a wage, you've hit the corona lottery. If you're still getting a wage AND getting to do it from home, you're a big time rollover winner. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I mean, I don't want to be the wfh police but fuck me, give me this over having to get on packed tubes or sit next to some cunt who doesn't wash his hands cos "it's MY fucking knob I've touched!" 

If you're still getting a wage, you've hit the corona lottery. If you're still getting a wage AND getting to do it from home, you're a big time rollover winner. 

Agreed. Although it’s obvious you don’t have kids :lol: 

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I get you, I've been all over the place mentally throughout this whole year to be honest, and like you, in a way it's never been like before (though thinking back, it was brewing before COVID so I can't blame it entirely on that - the state of the world has massively exacerbated it though). Probably should go (well, "go") and see someone about it at some point, but never having done so before, kickstarting that whole thing just feels like a right faff under the current circumstances, I dunno. I've even deleted this post then rewritten it a couple of times due to anxiety over whether saying all of this out loud is too much like making your post all about me. Go figure. :lol: 

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I get you, I've been all over the place mentally throughout this whole year to be honest, and like you, in a way it's never been like before (though thinking back, it was brewing before COVID so I can't blame it entirely on that - the state of the world has massively exacerbated it though). Probably should go (well, "go") and see someone about it at some point, but never having done so before, kickstarting that whole thing just feels like a right faff under the current circumstances, I dunno. I've even deleted this post then rewritten it a couple of times due to anxiety over whether saying all of this out loud is too much like making your post all about me. Go figure. :lol: 

Well I’ve just bought running shoes if you need a smile :lol:

Seriously, this year has effected a lot of people mentally in a lot of ways whether it’s the isolation, worrying about money, health, kids, work etc etc. You are both definitley not alone.

My advice is try and not to worry about the news / stuff you can not do anything about and get up tomorrow and just give one of the charity’s a ring and get some stuff off your chest.

All the best to the both of you.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Meenzer said:

We should’ve still gone for that coffee on Monday. You’re definitely not on your own. 

Hope you're all alright. I've had the last two weeks or so mostly away from twitter and that makes a massive difference. We're not cut out to be scrolling past terrible news and horrible people all day. Even the responses from the "goodies" are snarky and unhealthy for the most part. 

Anyway, hope things improve for you all. 

It comes in waves for me. My anxiety from covid has been replaced by more immediate concerns, although its made practical issues much harder. Then the added day to day stresses (work, my roof is leaking, money, kids etc)  and its easy to see how you could have a breakdown. Ive had one before and never want to go back there, plus I'm needed more than ever.

I don't use social media other than here, and here helps. 

• Like 1

things feel worse now than they did at the start of the crisis. 

then it was new, scary but also kind of fascinating - the enormity of the story, the zoom calls with friends and family, getting your weekly shop in at the local corner shop, clapping for the NHS - all that bollocks

the in the summer felt almost tolerable. case numbers falling then plateauing, little holidays around the country, getting out and seeing people a bit more - i started to feel i could get used to life like this.

now we're heading into winter, the inevitable second wave is here, we have at least 6 more months of this - probably another year, or more - it's bleak. no wonder anxiety levels are through the roof. i went to the pub last night, which doesn't help on that front. 

@Dr Gloom If we had a government who were even just barely competent, even a Tory one that wasn’t bereft of a fucking clue, I’d feel a whole lot better about things. 
But the fucking clownshoes we have, combined with their headlong charge towards No Deal Brexit and the disaster that will be, keep me firmly in the “ shit’s fucked” camp. 

And I’m usually a cheerful pessimist- prepare for the worst and anything but that is a bonus. 
I wasn’t prepared for this shit.