What mood are you in and why?

catmag

24 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Got my HGV test at 2pm- going out for pre-test drive now. 

Mildly shiting it. :lol:

Good luck. Give me your bank details and I'll send across enough for a Yorkie bar if you pass! :good:

Mate's Mam passed away this morning, me and the missus had a little teary hug last night, I've told him to let me know when they're ok for people to come round and I'll be there as they might want a bit of family time. Feels nothing like Christmas as it is tbh. 

• Sad 5

All the best to you and to him, HMHM. Parents with an open door for their kids' mates are worth their weight in gold like, I imagine she'll have quietly done the world of good without necessarily even realising.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

Good luck. Give me your bank details and I'll send across enough for a Yorkie bar if you pass! :good:

Mate's Mam passed away this morning, me and the missus had a little teary hug last night, I've told him to let me know when they're ok for people to come round and I'll be there as they might want a bit of family time. Feels nothing like Christmas as it is tbh. 

Shit that mate, all the best to you (and your mate).

Shit happening this time of year is fucking awful  :(

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

All the best to you and to him, HMHM. Parents with an open door for their kids' mates are worth their weight in gold like, I imagine she'll have quietly done the world of good without necessarily even realising.

So true. Ive got two siblings and there’s only 30 months between the three of us. Various friends still wandered in for a chat with my folks for decades after we’d all left home…

@Howmanheyman sorry to hear mate, her being at peace now is the only consolation 

• Like 2

Sorry to hear that HMHM, as the lads have said, you’re doing everything a mate could want. 

On a lighter note, I smashed my test. 
Drive was like a well lubed piston, slipping in to gaps with no trouble ( even got cut up by a cunt in a Beemer :lol:). 
They gave me a Romanian hooker to despatch, and they’re notoriously feisty, but I recited Wearside Jack as I finished her off which I think sealed the deal. 

Happy Christmas to me :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, Craig said:

Sorry to hear that HMHM. Shit times :sad:

Was headhunted for a job and had the interview this afternoon. Went well so fingers crossed on an offer :smile:

I got my first proper job this time of year, following 3 years of stacking shelves in Safeways. Was a fantastic Xmas. Good luck.

I Hope Please GIF

• Like 2

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

Sorry to hear that HMHM, as the lads have said, you’re doing everything a mate could want. 

Drive was like a well lubed piston, slipping in to gaps with no trouble ( even got cut up by a cunt in a Beemer :lol:). 
They gave me a Romanian hooker to despatch, and they’re notoriously feisty, but I recited Wearside Jack as I finished her off which I think sealed the deal. 

:lol:

Well done mate, happy Xmas. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Nice one mate :good:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

Ever feel that everything is just a little askew? Last couple of days, everything has just felt a little off. Like, food doesn't taste right, conversations have felt stilted, can't get comfortable in chairs or the bed. 

Have you tried switching yourself off then switching back on again?

• Haha 1

@Howmanheyman condolences mate, it's a horrible time of year to lose someone dear (not that any other time is preferable).

One of my oldest mates passed yesterday and besides the shock of his passing, all I can think about is how his family now has to live with Christmas being a constant reminder of his death.

And congrats @Monkeys Fist stay safe and remember you're driving a missile that to other road users is as intimidating as fuck, especially us on two wheels.

• Sad 5

2 hours ago, sammynb said:

And congrats @Monkeys Fist stay safe and remember you're driving a missile that to other road users is as intimidating as fuck, especially us on two wheels.

Cheers Sammy, and so sorry to hear about your mate- it’s a real gut punch if it’s unexpected. 
( I promise to not aim specifically at the velocipede community :whistle: )

10 hours ago, sammynb said:

@Howmanheyman condolences mate, it's a horrible time of year to lose someone dear (not that any other time is preferable).

One of my oldest mates passed yesterday and besides the shock of his passing, all I can think about is how his family now has to live with Christmas being a constant reminder of his death.

Sorry to hear that Sammy.

It's fucking shit at any time, but this time of year is the absolute worst ☹️

What you used to look forward to and everyone is all pumped up for, you dread, and can't wait until it's over. Few extra days off though, which is about as canny as it gets.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Have you tried switching yourself off then switching back on again?

Yeah, even tried a hard reset (went out and got drunk with a mate), but yeah it's just this unnerving sense that something's up. As if I've forgotten something important, or I'm about to get in trouble for something, or whatever. It's really fucking unsettling.