What mood are you in and why?

catmag

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Yeah, even tried a hard reset (went out and got drunk with a mate), but yeah it's just this unnerving sense that something's up. As if I've forgotten something important, or I'm about to get in trouble for something, or whatever. It's really fucking unsettling. 

You’ve not forgotten to delete your browsing history have you? 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Renton said:

In all seriousness, it sounds like low grade generalised anxiety to me. Welcome to my World, it sucks. 

Doesn't feel like my normal anxiety stuff, which tends to be more self-depractive and "YOU ARE DOOMED, SUNSHINE!". This is more like an itch I can't scratch. A while ago when I had a bad spell the therapist said I've also got a touch of mild OCD, which this could be. Things seeming off, I've certainly not noticed it as much when I'm doing the routine day-to-day shit I need to get done. 

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Doesn't feel like my normal anxiety stuff, which tends to be more self-depractive and "YOU ARE DOOMED, SUNSHINE!". This is more like an itch I can't scratch. A while ago when I had a bad spell the therapist said I've also got a touch of mild OCD, which this could be. Things seeming off, I've certainly not noticed it as much when I'm doing the routine day-to-day shit I need to get done. 

Sounds like a bad case of fannyitis?

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, The Fish said:

OCD and anxiety are very closely related. I also have OCD, my Dad did too. Got to the stage I can't stand next to a Metro platform for fear I'm going to jump in front of a train, or worse, push someone else into its path! Or one little thing of no consequence just riles me all day. Pain in the arse tbh. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The diagnosis from probably the only qualified person on the subject on this board. :thumbup:

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I guess you'd know, you should be the expert on what it feels like to be a cunt.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Merry Christmas to you too Dave :lol: 

Merry Christmas Grant*

Merry Christmas GIF by Frank Sinatra

* I don't know your real name, but you seem like a Grant, or maybe a Karl

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Been thinking on MF and his new career, can any helpful admin on here please give him this new avatar? Cheers. :good:

75agm8__01.jpg.0da3166068842978538f3090c28fde01.jpg

Also change his status to "Articulated serial killer".

Wait, MF is a mod isn't he? I take it back. 👍

• Haha 3

I’ve had the fear loads lately. Too much Christmas partying. Too many mornings waking up racked with regret, tortured by the fractured memory of embarrassing conversations. I could do with growing up a bit and acting my age but I go through periods where I struggle to locate the off switch. All the other people my age end up getting the last bus home while I go on to the late bar or club with a bunch of 20 year olds, clinging on like David fucking Brent.

Need a break from the binging but also a drink to get through the week of forced holiday with family. Bring on a quiet and dry(ish) January.

Having the lurgy and not being able to train as much as normal is partly to blame as that usually keeps me well balanced. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

ll the other people my age end up getting the last bus home while I go on to the late bar or club with a bunch of 20 year olds, clinging on like David fucking Brent

:lol:

Fuck me., we're getting old. I remember you were the first person to reply to me back in the day, when you had a different moniker and Barry Venison as your avatar. Back then you were a complete care free pot head. Look at what you've become! 

• Haha 2

Just now, Renton said:

Jason, yep, you've nailed it (the J in J69 I reckon). 

I thought the J in J69 was short for "Jesus he goes on about pinball machines a lot for a grown man...69"

• Haha 1