Dan Gosling

BigAl

Alright lads this is out of hand, this page is completely off topic, I'd expect better from craig but OzToonFan, you have no excuse :icon_lol:

Anyway, I accept i was wrong and look forward to young Dan signing tomorrow, although we won't see him in action 'til christmas, he should be a good signing.

Versatile aswell, can play RB and central defence aswell.

As far as I know he's never played central defence and is far too weak and probably too small to play there. He can play right back tho, but his future is as a attacking central midfielder.

Unfortuantely with him not being back till xmas and then the period it always takes a player to get back to full match fitness after such a long time I wouldn't hold out much hope of seeing him contribute much until about march time. Could be handy to have a player capable of popping up in dangerous positions if you're struggling at that stage of the season. Like I said tho don't expect too much from the lad until next season at least... and even then he'll never be a world beater.

As nice as a world beater would be a bottom three beater will do for now :icon_lol:

aye! we're feeding off scraps at the moement. an everton reserve will do nicely

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im very happy with this signing! Ajax andy is just bitter me thinks. The boys clearly got potential!

Would love to see a midfield of gutierrez, gosling, guthrie and routledge at some point!

2 signings in....3 to go!

Quick striker HAS to be priority now!

Dan's The Man For United

NEWCASTLE United have today confirmed the signing of Dan Gosling, with the young midfielder signing a four-year contract at St. James' Park.

The 20-year-old becomes the Club's second signing of the summer following the arrival of James Perch from Nottingham Forest, and has been handed the number 15 shirt.

After signing on the dotted line with the Magpies, Gosling said: "It's a brilliant move for me. Now that the deal is done I just can't wait to get started.

"I've played at St. James' Park before and know all about the amazing atmosphere. Playing there in a black and white shirt is something I've thought about already and it will be a great day when I finally get to walk out in front of 50,000 people.

"The gaffer Chris Hughton and all of the lads have been great with me and made me feel really welcome since I arrived and hopefully I can repay the faith that they've shown in me."

The former Plymouth Argyle star moved to Everton in January 2008 having made his debut for the Pilgrims aged just 16.

Gosling made his Toffees debut against Middlesbrough on Boxing Day 2008 and scored his first senior goal just two days later in a 3-0 win over Sunderland.

Further cameos followed but it was his 118th-minute winner in an FA Cup fourth round replay against Liverpool which brought his name to the fore, with the strike voted Everton's 'Goal of the Season'.

Devon-born Gosling also made a brief substitute appearance in the FA Cup final against Chelsea, and his last appearance for the Blues came in March 2010 when a knee injury sustained against Wolves kept him sidelined for the rest of the season.

United manager Chris Hughton said: "We're delighted to have signed Dan. He's the right age and the profile that he has is what makes it such an appealing capture for us.

"He's young but has Premier League experience and he's someone who can continue to develop his game.

"We see him as a high-energy player and a player that can play from box-to-box, but he's also a young player with experience, so he won't be phased by what is ahead of him."

As a youngster he was spotted by Plymouth playing in the under-12 side of his hometown club Brixham United and in December 2006, at age 16 years and 310 days, he made his professional debut against Hull City.

Internationally, Gosling earned himself an England call up for the UEFA European Under-17 Championship Qualifying Round in March 2007.

He was also included in the under-17 squad for the 2007 European Championships in Belgium and in the summer of 2009, Gosling was called up for the final squad to participate in the under-19s European Championships and started every game, scoring against Ukraine in the group stages.

He made his under-21 debut against Portugal in November 2009.

:icon_lol:

I wonder if a player has ever signed somewhere and come out saying that the ground/area is a shithole and that he's looking forward to away matches just to get away from it.

Other than Sunderland signings obviously.

Now that Gosling is officially signed we have to forget about him until he returns from injury. I wonder how different a player he is to Guthrie.

Spoke to lots of non-Everton people about this kid who all are of the opinion that we've signed one of the best English prospects in the league.

What's concerning though is that Milner was considered that when we took him of Leeds for next to nothing and we ended up selling on at a profit. Hope the same doesn't happen here if he realises his potential..... but I bet it will! :icon_lol:

Guest Gordon McKeag

He knows he's joining an infinitely better supported, higher profile club, who can achieve more than Everton's limits long term if the club is run right. Everton don't have the infrastructure in the modern game. I mean on the face of it they're a well run average sized club, but the contract situation there beggars belief and screams of small time.

When I've seen him he's looked a good player, quite technical and keeps the ball well.

Speaking as an Everton supporter I can happily say that it's no loss to my club.

Our fans are up in arms at the loss of several million pounds and not the loss of Gosling.

Moyes has generally played him on the right of midfield where he has been absolutely gash!!!

However his one strength is popping up in the right place at the right time in the box to net a winner.

If the Toon play him in central midfield he could turn in to a usefull player over time and probs will be a long term replacement for Nolan (providing you do actually sign him). I remember his first few appearance for us and he just roamed in to the box time and time again and was unlucky not to score a handful of goals.

However he'd never get in ahead of our current crop of players so him leaving aint a big loss... could be a good signing for the Toon but I have seen 2 very different sides to his game and he has a LOT of weaknessess... he's very slow, he's very weak, he's not technically all that good. However none of these things stopped Cahill being a great sucess so it just depends on how he is used I think.

Like I say i'm not bothered he's gone but he's a useful prospect for other teams I reckon.

He said he'd try harder for us apparently and I think he'll be quite a coup for us. Cost: £0

Edited by Park Life

Taking the #15 shirt apparently. So that's 3 numbers confimed;

#9 - Carroll

#14 - Perch

#15 - Gosling

The rest are all still unconfirmed apparently.

Spoke to lots of non-Everton people about this kid who all are of the opinion that we've signed one of the best English prospects in the league.

What's concerning though is that Milner was considered that when we took him of Leeds for next to nothing and we ended up selling on at a profit. Hope the same doesn't happen here if he realises his potential..... but I bet it will! :icon_lol:

HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! One of the best English prospects in the league? Who the fuck have you been speaking too?

Seriously mate he's ok with the potential to be a decent enough player... he will never be good enough to play international football and will never be good enough to command a place in a top 6 or 7 team.

Dont get me wrong for a newly promoted club with little money to spend its a good signing, but I suggest the non-everton people you have been speaking to actually go and watch players properly before making such poor observations about them.

I would say on current ability he's a 5/10. He has the potential to be a 6.5/10 player if he progresses to his maximum potential abilty.

He knows he's joining an infinitely better supported, higher profile club, who can achieve more than Everton's limits long term if the club is run right. Everton don't have the infrastructure in the modern game. I mean on the face of it they're a well run average sized club, but the contract situation there beggars belief and screams of small time.

When I've seen him he's looked a good player, quite technical and keeps the ball well.

And you wonder why a lot of the country think the Geordie faithful to be massively deluded?

You think at the moment Newcastle are a higher profile club than Everton?!! WTF?!!!!! :icon_lol:;):icon_lol:

You say that we dont have the infrastructure to suceed in the modern game, but Newcastle do?

How about you make these statements in 5 years time once/if Ashley has left and your team have not only managed to stay in the premier league but then built upon that and advanced to such a stage that you are regularly finishing above Everton.

"If the club is run right" ... Fuck me when has it EVER been run correctly?!!

If its "making bold statements day" i'll throw my 2 pence worth in and say that "IF" Everton were bought out by a man with a decent amount of money and could afford to build us a new stadium Newcastle would NEVER be able to hold a candle to Everton! Our "infrastructure" in terms of little debt and and excellent squad means that we are already light years ahead of you on the pitch! Put in our history and heritage and you can quite frankly feck off lol!

No offence to the more grounded supporters on here, but this guy is on some seriously mind warping drugs if he actually believes what he wrote lol!

And you wonder why a lot of the country think the Geordie faithful to be massively deluded?

You think at the moment Newcastle are a higher profile club than Everton?!! WTF?!!!!! :icon_lol:;):icon_lol:

You say that we dont have the infrastructure to suceed in the modern game, but Newcastle do?

How about you make these statements in 5 years time once/if Ashley has left and your team have not only managed to stay in the premier league but then built upon that and advanced to such a stage that you are regularly finishing above Everton.

If its "making bold statements day" i'll throw my 2 pence worth in and say that "IF" Everton were bought out by a man with a decent amount of money and could afford to build us a new stadium Newcastle would NEVER be able to hold a candle to Everton! Our "infrastructure" in terms of little debt and and excellent squad means that we are already light years ahead of you on the pitch! Put in our history and heritage and you can quite frankly feck off lol!

No offence to the more grounded supporters on here, but this guy is on some seriously mind warping drugs if he actually believes what he wrote lol!

It's just Stevie man, he'd say we're better than Inter. But actually I agree that we are a higher profile club. The media focuses much more on us than on Everton. I realise that's because we are a soap opera/laughingstock, but that doesn't change the truth of what he said.

Oh and he's not technical, his technique is actually quite poor and he gives the ball away a lot!

His main strength is an almost Cahill knack of getting in the box at the right time... the rest of his game needs a lot of work

It's just Stevie man, he'd say we're better than Inter. But actually I agree that we are a higher profile club. The media focuses much more on us than on Everton. I realise that's because we are a soap opera/laughingstock, but that doesn't change the truth of what he said.

haha yeah we have some like that too tbh :D

I guess you can look at "high profile" in too different ways:

1) Media attention - no such thing as bad publicity and all that, and both good and bad you do get more coverage then us

2) Sit a player down and offer him identical wages and see which one he picks, which is the kind of the "club profile" I was referring to.

HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! One of the best English prospects in the league? Who the fuck have you been speaking too?

Seriously mate he's ok with the potential to be a decent enough player... he will never be good enough to play international football and will never be good enough to command a place in a top 6 or 7 team.

Dont get me wrong for a newly promoted club with little money to spend its a good signing, but I suggest the non-everton people you have been speaking to actually go and watch players properly before making such poor observations about them.

I would say on current ability he's a 5/10. He has the potential to be a 6.5/10 player if he progresses to his maximum potential abilty.

Are you a regular attender of Everton games Andy? I do think your assesment sounds honest but I'm interested to know how backed up it is. And I would say Gosling has regularly been talked up by football people as a great prospect (whether this is right or wrong I don't know but obviously I hope it's right).