The Secret Diary of Lee Ryder (aged 44 and a half)

Craig

I said to on twitter this morning, nice to see you stealing Miles' quotes (Miles Dyson of the Shields Gazzette had an exclusive with Viana and Ryder used them). It was just light hearted fun. He's been getting emotional all day, and he finally blew his top before there. The North East's premier journalist.

If you haven't been blocked by Ryder, you aren't doing it right.

I was blocked for about a year but for some reason he unblocked me.

Miles Starforth sorry, not Miles Dyson, he was the dark skinned computer geek in Terminator 2.

What is he on about :lol: pmsl I hope he's been drinking. He's saying I issued a threat?!?! Eh? Saying someone is a journalist and they can't spell does not equal a threat.

Edited by McFaul

Newcastle's premier journalist, a bit of mild criticism, so he says I can't spell, so I show him examples where he can't, then he gets even more defensive saying I hate him, what the fuck is this bloke about?!?!?!

I used to look up to journalists big time, but this is what they are today many of them.

It's a shame Twitter wasn't around/as popular a few years earlier, imagine the grief Alan Oliver would have been getting.

I met Oliver loads of times, he was a lovely bloke, but he was too far up Shepherd's arse at the finish to command any sort of respect in a Newcastle sense.

This Lee though, fucking what an aggressive arsehole. I think the job is too much for him when he can't take a bit of light hearted criticism reacting like a fucking child. "What do you know about journalism." Well I didn't train for 6 fucking years to become a journalist for one, and I bet if I had I'd be better than this bloke who can't differentiate between "here" and "hear".

<p>

<br />

...and he calls me "son".  <br />

<br />

<span style="color: #333333"><span style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif"><span style='font-size: 12px;'><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255)"><br />

<a href='https://twitter.com/lee_ryder' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><strong>Lee Ryder</strong> ‏<strike>@</strike><strong>lee_ryder</strong></a></span></span></span></span><span style="color: #333333"><span style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif"><span style='font-size: 12px;'><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255)"><br />

<a href='https://twitter.com/leazeslad' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><strike>@</strike><strong>leazeslad</strong></a> big expert in journalism aren't you, you can't even spell son</span></span></span></span><br />

<br />

<br />

</p>

And even that isn't grammatically correct.

Why does everyone hate Lee Ryder? He is a toon fan who gives his opinion, but gets to do it for a paper. If I'm missing something educate me

Apparently he's a bit of a cocky twat basically. At least is what ive heard. One of my mates has met him a canny few times and was in touch with him about some articles he was writing for the paper and he said Lee Ryder was really rude and quite arrogant to him. Didnt say exactly how mind.

never met the bloke myself like...

Edited by ADP

Because journalism used to mean something other than "giving your opinion in poorly written and researched, grammatically incorrect blogs." Also because he is a self-important wanker who thinks he's got the inside track and nobody else does, and because journalism jobs have so dried up around the world that it pains people to think that a fraud like him has got a job when many other qualified journos haven't.

• 1 month later...

Kris Me ‏@Skirgey

@lee_ryder amazes me how the chief sports writer for the Chronicle is willing to be publicly confrontational with nufc fans #unprofessional

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

@Skirgey Confrontational? What for defending myself against trolls like you? Broke any more copyright laws lately?

Kris Me ‏@Skirgey

@lee_ryder see what I mean & yeah sure I will have done.. sent empty threats to Toon fans lately? your a grown man.. act like one.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

@Skirgey Says the man defacing images, what a sicko!

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

@Skirgey Defacing copyrighted imagery isn't banter lad, it's illegal at best. Twitter merely exposes cowards like you.

There's an overused saying in life "you could not make up", but you really couldn't make this up could you?

His opinion mirrors many on the N-O board. Basically defend ashley at every opportunity and grind on about " crawl before we can walk" and sensible spending.

:lol: No it doesn't.

His Twitter background probably about sums him up. Captains armband (I'M GOING TO BE CAPTAIN!), ott celebrating what was probably a 2 yard tap in.

:lol: good summary of the bloke. I'd guess he's an only child, hasn't had sex since 2003, deeply insecure, shit at football.