Mackems about to sign TITUS ffs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

accadacca

He made him look good, i.e. the only time Boumsong looked the part for us was when he was sweeping behind Bramble when the latter was having a purple patch.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this "he isn't that bad" crap makes me laugh. He was at the heart of a defence which shipped 79 goals last season (second only to Burnley).

He can be solid for 85 minutes of a match but lose concentration and lose the game. He's garbage end of.

All this "he isn't that bad" crap makes me laugh. He was at the heart of a defence which shipped 79 goals last season (second only to Burnley).

He can be solid for 85 minutes of a match but lose concentration and lose the game. He's garbage end of.

Always had a bit of a soft spot for him a bit like 'Centre Partin' but you and manc-mag are right. Concentration's an absolute must for a defender. Especially a centre-half.

Always had a bit of a soft spot for him a bit like 'Centre Partin' but you and manc-mag are right. Concentration's an absolute must for a defender. Especially a centre-half.

I remember all those sat around me bricking it when he was in possession and under pressure. He never went too many games without some monumental fuck up that cost us.

He had everything in him to be a top class CB except for a brain and ability to cope with pressure sadly!

I agree with Stevie, he did have a hell of alot of talent but as others have said its completely wasted when you fall to pieces and haven't got a brain. He can't handle the pressure of a place like the toon well at the mackems they'll be on his back very quickly if he fucks up, especially as he's an ex mag so he'll have to be alot tougher mentally than usual!

The one downside to them signing him is that Bruce is the manager who got the most consistent form out of him by all accounts, hopefully this time he'll balls up every match!

Consensus on this Wigan board seems to be they don't want him gone. They also reckon it's a sideways move for him, which has royally fucked off the interloping mackems :icon_lol:

They aren't saying he's great, but just well liked at the club.

One of the most underestimated defenders alive.

I agree with other posters though that he just can't seem to stay focussed. Is it pressure, or the way his brain works, can it be coached or cajoled out of him?

The thing is, he has everything he needs to be an absolutely top class defender apart from the ability to concentrate for 90 minutes on a regular basis. You can guarantee that at a vital moment he'll be thinking about his tea or his latest shag, and he'll lose an attacker or do one of his trade mark air shots. Which in the prem usually leads to a goal.

Hopefully this will be a disastrous signing.

Who was that other defender we had I think he was Italian and crap and then went to Inter or somewhere and became brilliant?

Pistone? Except he was brilliant at Inter and THEN went here and was crap so probably not

Who was that other defender we had I think he was Italian and crap and then went to Inter or somewhere and became brilliant?

Pistone? Except he was brilliant at Inter and THEN went here and was crap so probably not

Yeah it was Pistone and you've got it the right way round. :icon_lol:

Boumsong went to Juve, but he became less shit rather than brilliant. And that might have been the season they were in Serie B due to the financial naughtiness.

David Rozenhal went to Lazio, I've no idea what happened to him there.

Boumsong went to Juve, but he became less shit rather than brilliant. And that might have been the season they were in Serie B due to the financial naughtiness.

David Rozenhal went to Lazio, I've no idea what happened to him there.

Rozenhal is now at Hamburg I think.

Rozenhal looked a very composed and accomplished player in defense when there was no pressure on him. As soon as there was though he was lightweight and very ordinary. Did pretty well to get rid of him for essentially what we paid for him. Wasn't given a great chance to settle but I don't think he would have - not right for the English game, particularly at a side where you will be put under a lot of pressure.

Completely off-topic sorry :icon_lol: