Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

The only cockends in the boardroom during this transfer have been in Marseille.

We don't know whats being done from our side though? Could be a simple case of we wont pay enough. OM do seem to saying conflicting things though, one min we have agreed next we haven't.

We do know. We know we met all the conditions demanded by L'OM last week. Marseille started fucking about after that. Thats why HBA is refusing to train and is now in Newcastle.

Anyone following this closely should know that.

Aye I'm in agreement here. Full credit as well to us saying we'll not negotiate with the player until we have permission from his club.

Marseille are cutting their nose off to spite their face tbh.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't know whats being done from our side though? Could be a simple case of we wont pay enough. OM do seem to saying conflicting things though, one min we have agreed next we haven't.

We do know. We know we met all the conditions demanded by L'OM last week. Marseille started fucking about after that. Thats why HBA is refusing to train and is now in Newcastle.

Aye I'm in agreement here. Full credit as well to us saying we'll not negotiate with the player until we have permission from his club.

As the french love to do. :angry:

It's delicious fried with butter and garlic, mon ami

It's delicious fried with butter and garlic, mon ami

Oui Oui, moi petite filou.

Ok chill man.

Ok chill man.

Au contraire, i was merely nipping hysteria in the bud.

Fully expect them to wave the white flag shortly then Parky? :angry:

Fully expect them to wave the white flag shortly then Parky? :angry:

After we've had the full compliment of swearing, moody glares and arm waving in little cirlcles. :icon_lol:

talksport have said hes had his medical this evening - anyone confirm?

Talksport usually good for info

Graham Courtney, their North East correspondent used to be our press officer during the Keegan era. He used to get a lot of scoops, although I don't know if he has the same level of contacts since Fatty Balashley took over.

Newcastle expect to win their protracted battle to land Marseille rebel Hatem Ben Arfa in time for the French international midfielder to make his home debut against Aston Villa a week today.

Ben Arfa, who scored his first goal for France in the midweek win over Norway, flew in for talks over the weekend with the Magpies after a spectacular public bust-up with his club’s top officials that has led to him going on strike.

At one stage Newcastle hoped they could wrap up the deal before tomorrow’s Premier League opener at Manchester United, but Ben Arfa’s sensational walk-out at the Stade Veledrome has caused complications.

Ben Arfa’s representatives have accused Ligue 1 champions Marseille of dragging their heels over a season-long loan deal which has the option for a £5million permanent move. The deal for 23-year-old Ben Arfa would cost Newcastle more than £2m – about £750,000 for a loan fee and up to £1.5m in wages.

Newcastle have maintained a diplomatic silence over the row and are quietly confident they will get their man in time for the Villa game.

And that view is backed by Ben Arfa’s lawyer Jean-Jacques Bertrand, who said: ­“Newcastle accepted all of the conditions that Marseille asked of them.”

Hope we do have him for that game.

Edited by henda11

Season-long loan deal.

For a talented youngster [providing form warrants it] it's a perfect opportunity or i should i say a bus ticket to a club which harbors alot more ambition than just treading water in the top flight.

Edited by Year Zero

its not often I do this but credit where its due. We've done well to land a kid like this on loan and would appear to have handled the situation properly. No stupid statements, no ridiculously low offers just dealing with what would appear to be a difficult club professionally.

Shame however that in a years time we'll have to watch him walk away to a club with ambition.

its not often I do this but credit where its due. We've done well to land a kid like this on loan and would appear to have handled the situation properly. No stupid statements, no ridiculously low offers just dealing with what would appear to be a difficult club professionally.

Shame however that in a years time we'll have to watch him walk away to a club with ambition.

Yep, I agree. Presumably we've got some sort of first refusal written into the deal? Otherwise why put in the £5m figure?

Yep, I agree. Presumably we've got some sort of first refusal written into the deal? Otherwise why put in the £5m figure?

So that Del Boy can point at it next season when he fucks off for £6.5 million and say, "we tried".

Glad we seem to have him. Looking forward to seeing him against Team America.

Good signing if it goes through. Not ensure whether im encouraged by CH's ackowledgement that he knows we need to strengthen still, or if its acceptance that nowt else will happen.

Have to get a forward imo and ideally someone with pace.

Aye, whilst I've been chuffed to bits that this lad has seemed so keen to come here, I have thought it a bit odd when you consider how good he is. Can only presume he's wanting to use us as a shop window for the big-boys to come along and snap him up.

That said if we get a good season out of him who knows but it does highlight how far we have fallen in the last 5 or 6 years.

So that Del Boy can point at it next season when he fucks off for £6.5 million and say, "we tried".

Glad we seem to have him. Looking forward to seeing him against Team America.

Tbf it looks in this particular instance that the deal has been configured to minimise risk for us and get IMO a very talented player for practically peanuts. He's as talented as Silva without the 23m price tag. :angry:

He's not THAT good, I don't think. If he was he would be attracting interest from elsewhere. Good player no doubt, but not so good that it's unrealistic for us to get him in our current shape.

He's not THAT good, I don't think. If he was he would be attracting interest from elsewhere. Good player no doubt, but not so good that it's unrealistic for us to get him in our current shape.

I think he's a better player for the PL than Silva, whom I've earmarked as a possibel flop. :angry: