Accrington Stanley 2-3 Newcastle United

Kevin

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krul showing again with 3 totally different saves what he can do and happy to come off his line instead of being tied to it like Harper, he won't be happy sitting on the bench for ever and clubs will be after him. I just don't think Hughton will put him in sooner rather than later and go with the old head in Harper.

Decent game though, both young teams having a go and a few of ours seemed to get cramp at the end there! Good run out for the 3 fringe players who scored an good to see Kadar back from injury.

Kadar looked very solid again (like what I'm seeing from him) and I was happy with lua lua and the other two young defenders. Vukic and Donaldson struggled to get in the game but I don't know if either of them were playing in their true position. Overall I think we were always comfortable and I'm pretty happy given the team.

Getting touchy over on RTG: :lol:

RTG

:blush: I work with one and he was fuckin spitting blood on Monday morning...they thought theyd be streets ahead of us this season and they now know its likely to be a lot closer than they thought in October when they come here...this prick at work is truly rattled and it looks like he's not alone :)

Vukic... struggled to get in the game but I don't know if either of them were playing in their true position.

This.

Thought Vuckic was particularly disappointing but I thought he played in a more offensive position usually.

Think he's supposed to be attacking midfield or playing off/alongside a striker, but this seemed to be one of those games where the ball rarely fell to him and so we didn't get to see what he's capable of, which is a shame.

How Ameobi has a contract with any club is beyond me. He is so fucking lazy its unture.

Well done to Lualua, he had a canny game. As did some of the Accrington players.

Anyone know when the next tie draw is?

good game that, krul made a couple of quality saves

ameobi was the worst player on the pitch and he was against a league 2 side, second goal was off his shin right into the path of their lad who scored

Home and told I was on tv loads during the match, got to love a little ground like that

fair play to accys fans btw, they never stopped and the banner for Sir Bobby was a touch of class at the start of the game

How Ameobi has a contract with any club is beyond me. He is so fucking lazy its unture.

Well done to Lualua, he had a canny game. As did some of the Accrington players.

Thanks Toon for a wonderful game and occasion....all the best for Premiership glory !!..

BYE FOR NOW.....HOWAY THE LADS !!!

i thought ranger and lua lua were the best players by far. dissapointed with vuckic. Ranger showed real desire and his hold up play/ball winning in the air was top notch

Must admit found it frustrating that lua lua does the obafemi martins style of dribblind ie 3/4 pace rather than flat out at defenders

Edited by JaMoUsE

Thanks Toon for a wonderful game and occasion....all the best for Premiership glory !!..

:)

See you mate, all the best to Accrington :)

fair cup tie - big team gets through but are pushed by a very very small team in a very entertaining game - that's what its all about - stuff this Big 4 nonsense......

Very entertaining? I thought it was canny but hardly a classic cup tie. It was a reasonably comfortable win and when you look at the side we had out, and being away from home etc. it was quite a pleasing, albeit (almost inevitably) disjointed, performance. Pitch was like a pudding as well, which didn't help us imo.

Edited by alex

Decent cup tie but it did feel like watching a reserves game. They put us under pressure at the end and I think the side we put out was a risk. Id hope we'd take it more seriously as we progress. Bit of a scrappy affair though a couple of canny goals. I thought Lua Lua looked good and Ranger while worked hard and showed some good skill, seemed to be on his arse a lot.