Williamson & Ranger

Park Life

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Willamson/Campbell is a decent defensive pairing IMO. Not the quickest like but their reading of the game should make up for it a bit.

3 / 5 at the back might suit us away from home too. Would certainly suit Coloccini.

Collocini in front of back four instead of Smith maybe. He couldnt do a worse job

It might suit Nolan better too

a player that lacks spatial awareness in front of the back 4, and who fanny's around on the ball. thats collocini. Nolans not a holding player, he can't tackle. and his passings not that great. other than that they are fine :)

• 3 months later...

Williamson is really solid so I'm fairly happy with him signing a long term deal. Bolton aside - we've had a great defensive start to the season and this is largely down to consistency on Mike/Colo's part. Plus he'll be getting paid fuck all.

Lots of mackems reading by the look of it. Sad cunts.

(Both played in the 5-1 destruction lest you forget! :lol: )

Williamson is really solid so I'm fairly happy with him signing a long term deal. Bolton aside - we've had a great defensive start to the season and this is largely down to consistency on Mike/Colo's part. Plus he'll be getting paid fuck all.

Lots of mackems reading by the look of it. Sad cunts.

(Both played in the 5-1 destruction lest you forget! :lol: )

Both decent players imo and Ranger will get a lot better when he fills out a bit. [/bBCpunditry]

I think there's a lot of potential in Ranger and he played well when he came on against Chelsea. Very glad to see him given a new contract.

Williamson is decent as well and has contributed to our strong start to the season, bit of a long contract but I doubt he'll be on much, so good on him as well.

Nice to see players signing long deals. We should b looking to loan out Ranger.

Should be playing him, given the other options, tbh. Ideally he'd be out on loan though.

I'd give Ranger a chance. He's young, he's got the makings of a decent striker, he's clearly got a lot of self belief (that overhead against Arsenal :lol: ) and most important of all I think he'll be the best partner for Carroll. Unlike Shola & Lovenkrands he seems willing to chase the ball.

Sunderland fans should fuck off back under their rocks, just like after the 5-1. After the 3-0 defeat of Chelsea, they are lapping it up. Fact remains though, they are as good as Cher Lloyd's eyebrows.

Just had a quick spy on the mackem forum and they have 2 threads about this, I'm really unsure why it's seen as funny Williamson barely puts a foot wrong in any game he plays fair enough he's no world beater but he's better than every single centre back they have at the club and Ranger is a decent young prospect.

You lot signed a player we all recognised as totally braindead and chucked away for nowt as a £5m signing who is probably on more than Williamson's new deal. One of them even laughed when one lad had the sense to say Williamsons better than mensah fuck me how is that even up for dispute?

Like I said before it's good news 2 decent players who wont be on astronomical wages tied down for a while you have to tie people down to these long deals now because they can arrange contracts with other clubs, buy out their contracts etc with so much time remaining on them now.

Five and a half years! What’s that all about? Fair enough if you’ve paid £30m for a proven top level performer and are trying to make sure he doesn’t bugger off for free in couple of years. However for a mediocre centre half with half season’s PL experience and kid who still has it all to prove what’s the point?

Could it be a strategy/gamble to secure players on cheap salaries while all the high earners leave as their contracts expire over the next two or three seasons?

I don't get why people are querying the contract length, he will no doubt be on sensible wages, will be at worst very good back up and if needed I am sure we wouldn't struggle to find a buyer.

As for Ranger I think the lad has a lot of potential, he is raw as fuck but has some very good attributes. Needs more confidence in front of goal but at the start of last season Carroll didn't look like he was going to be much more than a target to hold the ball up.