Andy Carroll had his big chance, and blew it.

Kevin

I thought Barton,while still being average at best, was head and shoulders above Smith and Nolan. He has some semblance of mobility and put in a couple of decent corners.

Aye, pick of the midfield. Not saying a lot but actually looked the part in terms of getting around the pitch and being involved.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, Barton wasn't great but wasn't horrible, made to look better by playing alongside Smith and Nolan. Like an ugly bird who doesn't look as bad standing next to a fat and ugly one.

I wonder how many reporters wrote Andy Cole off after our 1-0 defeat at home to Spurs 17 years ago?

I get the feeling the fat cunt wrote most of that before the match.

As a footballer carroll looked good last night, worked harder than iv seen him do, put himself about and looked hungry.

That said, as a striker he look poor, missed an absolute sitter, the type of chance we HAVE to take if are to do well this season.

That was just one game however, i still feel he has alot to offer and alot to learn at the same time but he is wearing the number nine, has the hunger and the potential to be a big big player for us its just all to easy for people, fans and media alike to expect to much and judge unfairly this season.

He needs a good partner to shoulder half the respobsibilty.

Also...Barton is shit as too is Nolan. Smith worked hard but its evident our midfield clearly isny upto scratch.

Our best midfield pairin has to be gosling (when fit) and guthrie.

I think every 1 is being a but harsh with Smith, i thought he worked his socks off. Is there a reason why every one on here hates him.

I thought he was good for the first ten minutes.

Never thought for a second he could keep it up though.

Edited by Happy Face

I think every 1 is being a but harsh with Smith, i thought he worked his socks off. Is there a reason why every one on here hates him.

I thought he was good for the first ten minutes.

Never thought for a second he could keep it up though.

He was better than both Nolan and Barton in my view.

I thought Carroll was excellent last night, that chance aside. Guthrie has to come in for me, if only for his set piece delivery, which will be important if we are to stay up...

There were a couple of short corners iirc which seemed a bit of a waste of time when our main threat was surely a 6ft5 targetman.

he is a trier, i'll give you that

I thought Barton,while still being average at best, was head and shoulders above Smith and Nolan. He has some semblance of mobility and put in a couple of decent corners.

Aye, pick of the midfield. Not saying a lot but actually looked the part in terms of getting around the pitch and being involved.

That's the difference, Barton gives me hope he will be able to cut it, he can picka pass and looks to try it and get forward, i don't think he was bad last night and will get better. Smith is always going to be lost at this level and Nolan in the same midfield as Smith makes us way to slow and imobile, we can't afford both of them starting.

As for Carroll, yes he missed an easy chance for him, but he didn't dwell on it and was most peoples man of the mtch for his efforts and i think he did well, and i look forward to seeing him with a strike partner at home to Villa where he'll have a bit more help.

That's fuckin ridiculous to write off Carroll in such a manner - what happened to wanting the young english players to establish themselves in prem teams - fuck that lets just knacker the lads confidence so we can get a cheap foreigner in (cos they're much better) - epitomises the narrow minded attitude of the wank press - totally ignores the graft and skill all gamein attack and defense but uses one missed chance to end his prem career - what a cock.

And imho the fact that Smith and in particular Nolan tired so quickly allowed Scholes the time to tear us apart - Barton was the only proper midfielder - Smith is positionally awful and slow and Nolan is past it - we need a box to box gary speed/robbie lee type and a link up man for carroll.

It was interesting to note how much the manchester defense crapped themselves when the ball went in their box - particularly when Shola came on to help Carroll

The self-styled big man is not back, not yet. Fortunately, Wayne Rooney is no longer being left to carry Manchester United’s campaign on his shoulders alone, and will not be until he has found his form again.

On Monday night, Dimitar Berbatov shouldered some of the burden, and all’s well that ends well.

Prospects are not as bright for Andy Carroll. Newcastle United, newly arrived and undercooked considering the extent of the challenge, will look to play the Premier League’s biggest hitters on the counter attack, meaning Carroll will lead the line alone and must have a dead-eyed instinct for goal. He is not really that type of player, sadly.

Despite his South American appearance, he is an old-fashioned Englishman in style, honest and energetic, a bit of a handful, but hardly clinical. On such details, games change.

While Carroll missed Newcastle’s best chance, and Rooney grafted to little effect by his standards, Berbatov was the essence of cold, continental finishing power.

The moment he got inside Jose Enrique, the Newcastle defender, in the 32nd minute, there was only one outcome. Goalkeeper Steve Harper is one of the best things about Chris Hughton’s team but Berbatov gave him no chance. From there, the outcome was barely disputed.

Rooney left the pitch after 62 minutes to warm but hardly enthused applause. Everybody can see he is struggling right now, perhaps not as lacklustre as he was during the World Cup, but not the player of last year.

Whatever the malaise, Sir Alex Ferguson will be hoping it clears soon. He is not relying on Rooney alone — far from it, as the introduction of the instant crowd favourite Javier Hernandez demonstrated — but the player is still vital to Manchester United’s title ambitions.

This is the cunt that wrote this:

samuels460.jpg

Fat bastard :rolleyes:

:cuppa:;)

Can see a full England call up in the near future. It was the third goal that showd his composure.

Thought he was outstanding today tbh. An absolute breakout performance. His touch, his strength, his ability in the air, the lethalness in front of goal, the workrate, his passing, his movement. All of it was talismanic. He's not going to do it against everyone but against the teams around us, he's going to be fantastic.