Beer

shackbleep

Are there any decent Milds easily available at shops such as morrisons etc? I went in yesterday but couldn't find any apart from twaites mild and that was in a can so didn't really fancy that!

Any recommendations?

have you tried it in cans ? They aren't that bad ie Guinness etc is OK in a can and some bitters too aren't much different if at all.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any decent Milds easily available at shops such as morrisons etc? I went in yesterday but couldn't find any apart from twaites mild and that was in a can so didn't really fancy that!

Any recommendations?

have you tried it in cans ? They aren't that bad ie Guinness etc is OK in a can and some bitters too aren't much different if at all.

Once a couple of years back and it wasn't too great, drinkable but nothing special. Theres mild ales for sale online but i was just wondering if there were any people knew of for sale in shops.

I was born too late and missed when Mild was one of the most popular drinks in Britain :D

I've been through a few "special offers" from Morrisons in the last few weeks.

Directors is the best, Thwaites Bomber is next, Joseph Holt 1849, Goliath and Wychcraft are good. Jennings ale and Sneck lifter are nowt special in fact Sneck Lifter is not very good. Bondoogle is not very good.

So I've bought another 8 pack of Directors for 9 quid, don't normally drink much in the house so should do me for a while.

And Marko - I looked in the big Morrisons at West Denton, there is no mild other than canned Thwaites mate.

Edited by LeazesMag

Oh and Leazes, cheers for looking for mild too! Even though I don't live in Denton :lol:

no bother. Don't know where you live, but the one in West Denton is big, not as big as on Shields Road, try there you might be lucky.

The Directors is nice out of a can mind.

Edit

ah, you live in Darlington :huh:

Edited by LeazesMag

• 3 weeks later...
Most IPA is fucking lush. Haven't tried that Fuller's but it's blatantly going on the list.

Quite hard to get (Safeways used to do it) but Goose Island is the nicest I've had. A bit like Sierra Nevada but with a bit more kick to it.

Cherry beer? You want to change the fucking locks, Bev.

;)

That made me laugh!

Well he is a lager drinker really, occasionally cider. Ive never known him to drink any beer but this cherry stuff is his latest craze! Its hard to get, Ive only seen it in the larger Sainsburys stores.

Scotland-Innis%20-%20Gunn-Oak%20Aged%20Ale.jpg

This is the ultimate for me. It's 6.6% so its like rocket fuel but it is aged in oak sherry casks and has a very distinctive flavour to it. Absolutely superb and would highly recommend it.

I saw that in Tesco last night and was sorely tempted to give it a go. 750ml bottles too :)

That Fullers IPA was as good as it looked btw. :up:

• 3 weeks later...