Newcastle United FC 5-1 5under1and AFC

Guest Tuco Ramirez

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shola-Ameobi-celebrates-t-006.jpg

Watched the game again last night, have to say Shola's overall performance was superb. I saw Louise Taylor had given him MOTM and i thought fuck off, at least Nolan and Barton were better. On a second (sober) watch, have to say his contributions were immense. Hold up play was excellent, loads of tackles won and 2 goals to boot.

Watched the game again last night, have to say Shola's overall performance was superb. I saw Louise Taylor had given him MOTM and i thought fuck off, at least Nolan and Barton were better. On a second (sober) watch, have to say his contributions were immense. Hold up play was excellent, loads of tackles won and 2 goals to boot.

The last time Shola played this well it was when Roeder was caretaker in Shearer's last year then his hip went. Say it quietly but maybe his dodgy leg was a huge issue :lol:

What surprised me was the fact he actually has turn of pace when he can be bothered and he showed it a number of times on Sunday.

As I said during the game if he played like that every week there would only be one player with claims to the number 9 shirt and that's taking into account how good Carroll is.

The last time Shola played this well it was when Roeder was caretaker in Shearer's last year then his hip went. Say it quietly but maybe his dodgy leg was a huge issue :lol:

I think it obviously has been (although he'll never be consistent imo, because his first touch is either sublime or awful) as I've been of the opinion he hasn't be fully fit about 4 seasons now. I think it'll always be an issue though.

I think it obviously has been (although he'll never be consistent imo, because his first touch is either sublime or awful) as I've been of the opinion he hasn't be fully fit about 4 seasons now. I think it'll always be an issue though.

I wouldn't have gave that theory a second thought if I hadn't seen the huge difference full fitness made to Barton's game. I just kind of assumed Shola fluked a fantastic half season but I think Carroll's emergence last year gave him time to fully recover and now he looks quite handy. At the end of the day he's still Shola, so I still expect him to wander around the pitch looking semi-interested and occassionally stand a mile offside but this season he's performed.

I was told he has a 1 goal in 3 starts record, which is astonishing :icon_lol:

I've watched it back twice too, and if you listen to the first, second, fourth and fifth goals, especially the first two, the speakers in the stadium can't cope with the noise. Haven't seen that in any football game for years other than Liverpool's no goal that was given against Chelsea in 2005. Watch the goals again and you'll see what I mean.

I've watched it back twice too, and if you listen to the first, second, fourth and fifth goals, especially the first two, the speakers in the stadium can't cope with the noise. Haven't seen that in any football game for years other than Liverpool's no goal that was given against Chelsea in 2005. Watch the goals again and you'll see what I mean.

I've noticed this. Just a load of crackle comes through the speakers cos the microphones can't cope with the volume.