Shola Ameobi - Mackem Destroyer

Gemmill

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Someone needs to do some penalty stats on him. Is he still yet to miss from the spot?

Think he missed in a friendly once but never in a competitive game. Tbf to him most of his pens are very good. Not just sending the keeper the wrong way but a lot of them hit the side net before the back and the keeper wouldn't have a chance even if he went the right way.

Credit where credit's due; he had a quality game last night.

Squad rotation means someone can come in & do a job for the team; Shola did so.

I might add, Pardew had taken him one side for a pep talk; more excellent man management from our best manager since Sir Bobby

I might add, Pardew had taken him one side for a pep talk; more excellent man management from our best manager since Sir Bobby

"I had a little quiet word with Shola before the game because, in the last few weeks, I thought his contribution could have been greater," he said.

"But he's shown tonight what quality he has. Against this team, I always thought he might influence the game.

"He did that all night really and it bodes well moving forward."

Best manager since Sir Bobby? Well, yes but we've had some truly baffling appointments since he left. :lol:

10/10 penalties. Not a bad record at all.

Does it make him the greatest penalty taker the world has ever seen?

Le Tissier missed one in fifty I think. Graham alexander was class at them as well.