How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

at the end of the kettlebell class tonight we had a 'bonus' 10 minute crossfit kettlebelll circuit.

10 kettlebell squats, followed by 10 over head press then 10 mountain climbers.

10 sets in 10 minutes. the idea is to do each set as fast as possible - around 25-35 seconds giving you about half a minute rest before the next set.

that was following a slightly shorter version of the circuit above with alternate lunges and no cean and jerk or figure of eight.

the crossfit thing absolutely mullered me. dropped down to a 20kg bell after the first circuit.

i could hardly stand, let alone walk, by the end of it. trainer reckons you burn about 600-700 calories in the 45 minutes class.

Most people don't care how 'cool' they look in the gym tbh. Can't think of many training sessions where you wouldn't look a bit of a spaz :lol:

i hate the steroid boys that admire every bicep curl in the mirror.

almost a bad as the twats that moisturise themselves head to toe, with no towel around their waist, then blow dry their pubes and armpit hair.

This is the age of the six pack.

The main thing for younguns is to use protein shakes and vitamin supplements , plus the odd dick heads that pop testosterone and steroids into them because they are terrified of not keeping up with the rest of the pricks walking about like that.

I'm sorry if it hurts anyone's feelings who is doing this but it's the truth.

Steroid boy at my gym yesterday was walking around in a vest with really thin shoulder straps on it that he had positioned to come down vertically over his nipples. The horizontal part of the vest didn't start til below his chest. I'm pretty sure it was a girl's halter top, and the whole thing was completely spray on. Never seen anything like it in my life.

This is the age of the six pack.

The main thing for younguns is to use protein shakes and vitamin supplements , plus the odd dick heads that pop testosterone and steroids into them because they are terrified of not keeping up with the rest of the pricks walking about like that.

I'm sorry if it hurts anyone's feelings who is doing this but it's the truth.

Protein shakes do nothing on their own. Your body needs protein to grow but should come from food firstly. Protein powder is only to bump up your intake if you cannot get it from real food, hence supplement it.

Same is vitamins. You don't need them if you have a varied diet but may be useful if you are on a restrictive diet.

You can eat/drink as much protein as you like but it will do fuck all without training hard.

Not a fan of steroids etc personally, not my bag, but do recognise that you still have to work damn hard to have results from them.

Six packs are fuck all, but does represent a low bf% which is a reasonable aim for health reasons. Though going to low single digits isn't that necessary, while getting under 20% or so is.

Steroid boy at my gym yesterday was walking around in a vest with really thin shoulder straps on it that he had positioned to come down vertically over his nipples. The horizontal part of the vest didn't start til below his chest. I'm pretty sure it was a girl's halter top, and the whole thing was completely spray on. Never seen anything like it in my life.

Sounds like Mr Motivator :lol:

i hate the steroid boys that admire every bicep curl in the mirror.

almost a bad as the twats that moisturise themselves head to toe, with no towel around their waist, then blow dry their pubes and armpit hair.

We have one of them like. Head to toe moisturiser and talc and all manner of things I don't even know what they are. Then there's me with a quick shower and spray of deodorant. That's it. Me doing my hair is towel dry and flatten with my hand for 2 seconds :lol:

anyone trained using crossfit methods before?

I've done it quite a bit. Great exercise.

Trainer in the gym was talking to me last week about doing a new routine with me purely with kettle-bells actually. Sounds like it'll be a bit like your work-out.

Kettlebells are class, only done home workouts so far which always knacker me, although I noticed the other week my gym has started doing a class or two a week so I might give that a go. I hate shouty instructors though so need to see who's doing the class. :lol:

After saying the other day I'd happily put on a few pounds for the winter because I'm always freezing at the minute, I've gone and lost a couple of lbs, d'oh. Not sure I could get into the mindset of eating a little bit more without going off on one of my random binges though!

• 2 weeks later...