Alan Smith

Monroe Transfer

Rangers might buy him if their take-over goes through. He can afford to take a pay cut.

Something that makes him even more detestable, he's a Rangers fan too, from Yorkshire. Total mug of a bloke.

Cringeworthy the way he went on at Ibrox preseason.

He's a bell end who prays on vulnerable impressionable people. What did he do at Ibrox? He is the classic new age nobhead.

Even though he was an unused sub he came on at the end, ran to the centre-circle and saluted all four corners of the ground, followed by Steven Taylor stylee lap of honour whilst waving and fist pumping before being the last man off the pitch seemingly oblivious that the applause from the 'gers fans was actually for Lovenkrands. He did an interview before as well, saying how he'd been a Rangers fan since he heard the noise they made when they played Leeds in Europe years back and how he'd love to play for them.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers might buy him if their take-over goes through. He can afford to take a pay cut.

Something that makes him even more detestable, he's a Rangers fan too, from Yorkshire. Total mug of a bloke.

Cringeworthy the way he went on at Ibrox preseason.

He's a bell end who prays on vulnerable impressionable people. What did he do at Ibrox? He is the classic new age nobhead.

Even though he was an unused sub he came on at the end, ran to the centre-circle and saluted all four corners of the ground, followed by Steven Taylor stylee lap of honour whilst waving and fist pumping before being the last man off the pitch seemingly oblivious that the applause from the 'gers fans was actually for Lovenkrands. He did an interview before as well, saying how he'd been a Rangers fan since he heard the noise they made when they played Leeds in Europe years back and how he'd love to play for them.

What an absolute bell end. Genuinely that sums him up, Steven Taylor is similar but at least he's doing cos he probably loves the club genuinely. I read the crack, someone bought him a Rangers top when he was a kid, and he was impressed by them when they beat Leeds in the Champions League in 92, and that is it. Fucking what a wanker, honestly there's nothing to like about him, and the stories I've heard about him up Ponteland are totally believable.

I'm not a fan of him of as a player, that much is obvious, but you don't half go on as if he's pure evil or something Stevie.

the problem with Smith is he's shit, on huge wages and seems like a cunt, if even one of those three factors wernt there people wouldnt be so hard on him

Exactly what he said Tecato. I know it's not his fault but part of me is just so bitter someone so shit is taking so much from the club. Michael Owen I felt exactly the same about.

I always thought he came across well in interviews and if the rumours are to be believed it was him and hughton that did a lot to galvanise the dressing room last year so I've nowt against him personally. He's a trier; he's just not very good

I always thought he came across well in interviews and if the rumours are to be believed it was him and hughton that did a lot to galvanise the dressing room last year so I've nowt against him personally. He's a trier; he's just not very good

Well I think he comes across as arrogant, and there's tens of thousands of Leeds fans who would agree. I think Smith was just protecting his position and salary to be honest by joining forces with Nolan, Nicky Butt etc.... Smith admits himself his body can't do what it once did following the injury at Anfield, and he'd have been thinking if I leave here who the fuck is going to pay me 20k a week let alone the 60k I've got left on my three year contract. Again you can't blame him but it's us who get fleeced. The arrogance thing, now if you know Leeds fans they detest Man Utd as much if not more than any of them, there's the city rivalry, the football rivalry, war of the roses, county rivalry, they fuckin hate each other. Three weeks before he signed for Man Utd, he came out and said he would never sign for them, then look what he does, no different to Shearer signing for a succesful Sunderland. Like I say honour and integrity he has none, and he's shit, anyway I've said enough about him. The Rangers story from DKN emphasises everything, egotistical, pathetic and shit.

Was talking to my mate who supports Leeds who said the majority of the fans would take him back no problem now. Champion.

My brother in law would rather have the Galatasaray team turn out for Leeds than have him back. If you go on their message board waccoe a portion would have back but a majority utterly detest what he did and won't forgive him.

• 1 month later...

He was poor again like the pass to the touchline he did after shola passed to him on the edge of the box sums him up, mind good attitude when he stopped to give the mackems some grief on his way down the tunnel :lol:

smith literally put his body on the line first few months of last season

clearly influenced dressing room after orient game

did anything and everything that was needed (cardiff game) for the good of the team

without smith i really wonder if we wouldve had such a good start, and without that good start i wonder if other players' heads wouldve dropped etc etc

imo, smith deserves a lot of credit for those first few months.

hmm

dressing room probably had an influence from nolan, and certainly the goals he scored helped a great deal, but he didnt get stuck in like smith did

plus, nolan isnt the issue here, yes he helped us a great deal to get promoted, but he's still doing a job for us in the prem, not the same category as smith.

hmm

dressing room probably had an influence from nolan, and certainly the goals he scored helped a great deal, but he didnt get stuck in like smith did

plus, nolan isnt the issue here, yes he helped us a great deal to get promoted, but he's still doing a job for us in the prem, not the same category as smith.

Smith did have a good start to last season.

So he should only pay back 7/8ths of what he's been paid.