Snow Tomorrow

Christmas Tree

Went arse over tit yesterday on my way to the bus stop. Sent my cup of tea flying everywhere.

Just been walking around at my break there and BMW/Mercs are getting stuck everywhere due to the rear-wheel drive(I think). Had to give a few cars a push.

Aye, any car with front engine rear wheel drive struggles. Top end Mercs/BMWs though transfer drive to their front wheel to help (something like that). To help you should load your boot with a few bags of rock salt and pull away in 2nd.

Ive got a 2 door astra and its terrible in the snow!

Ive got 2 night shifts left to do and the snow is starting to piss me off now. Same lazy bastards rolling in 30mins late on a morning so I dont get onto the A1 until 8am and hit a 90minute traffic jam all the way to CLS, Funny how I have enough neurones to leave early for work so I get there on time!

I drive from Lanchester up through Stanley, along past Beamish and down to CLS and on to the A1. Nightmare journey in this weather. My preferred route is up over the tops past Burnhope and Holmside down to CLS though its a quiet back road and while fun, prone to people getting stuck.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone been along the A69 lately?

I've just spoke to colleague who is going to attempt Manchester - Gateshead via M6, A69.

Told him he's mental

He be better of coming across on the M62 and up the A1 wouldn't he?

I know the snow gates have been shut on the A66 to stop anyone attempting it.

Anyone been along the A69 lately?

I've just spoke to colleague who is going to attempt Manchester - Gateshead via M6, A69.

Told him he's mental

He be better of coming across on the M62 and up the A1 wouldn't he?

I know the snow gates have been shut on the A66 to stop anyone attempting it.

He's just been back on the phone- seen sense and cancelled.

I'd heard A1 was closed south of the A68 junction?

Still havent got any ;):)

You can have too much of a good thing pet, and we have at the minute, it's had it's fun it should leave us alone for a few months again. Literally too cold to go out, not even exaggerating. When you do go out unless you live in town you have to walk through 18 inches of snow, your pants get wet and your feet freezin cold, give me Torquay over the toon the neet, even if you are overrun with scousers.

Still havent got any :):)

You can have too much of a good thing pet, and we have at the minute, it's had it's fun it should leave us alone for a few months again. Literally too cold to go out, not even exaggerating. When you do go out unless you live in town you have to walk through 18 inches of snow, your pants get wet and your feet freezin cold, give me Torquay over the toon the neet, even if you are overrun with scousers.

I know what you're saying, but I LOVE snow, its cos we dont get much here. Mind, just been out for a walk and its bloody freezing! How do you know about the Scousers then?! (Its ok though as they generally only live in one area called Ellacombe or as its often known... The Scouse Riviera ;)

Bottled it to work from home today - pavements/roads were icing up last night and there's been fresh snow overnight so can't be bothered to risk it.

Already admitted to the lad I work with who's from Blackburn to Southern gayification (He wimped out yesterday).

Like Gemmill I'm also slumming it and getting the Metro darling. Going far too well..

On it now. Running fine, but the stench. THE STENCH!

That's what you get for being a sitter when arse wiping... ;)

Like Gemmill I'm also slumming it and getting the Metro darling. Going far too well..

On it now. Running fine, but the stench. THE STENCH!

That's what you get for being a sitter when arse wiping... ;)

Aye cos I'm sat on the metro with a load of standers with Rorschach shit patterns in their crevices.

Last night felt like the coldest night so far to me woke up with my shoulders exposed shivering. Am I right in thinking the government were thinking of cutting old peoples cold weather payments too?

Last night felt like the coldest night so far to me woke up with my shoulders exposed shivering. Am I right in thinking the government were thinking of cutting old peoples cold weather payments too?

use the Times its bigger ;)

SuperStock_4107-55882.jpg