Andy Murray

LeazesMag

I just save him the bother and point out that he is in no way, shape, or form a brit. Miserable tosser always moaning about how the british sports fans rely on him when hes winning etc etc. Still a miserable tosser at the end of the day, can't actually finish anything - ugly fucker to boot.

Obviously a Scot

Spot on, apart from Murray being born in Glasgow, which is and has been since March 1603 part of Great Britain, whether you or some of its inhabitiants like it or not.

Good job not everyone is judged for the rest of their lives by comments made when they were teenagers....have you got a link for him complaining about "fans" in this country?

He is a bit of a misery, I'll give you that, but with some peoples attitudes towards him, I'm hardly surprised..

Snakehips is mostly right, and points out an interseting thing...a lot of people north of the border dont give a fuck about nationalism, often those from isolated communities.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just save him the bother and point out that he is in no way, shape, or form a brit. Miserable tosser always moaning about how the british sports fans rely on him when hes winning etc etc. Still a miserable tosser at the end of the day, can't actually finish anything - ugly fucker to boot.

Obviously a Scot

Spot on, apart from Murray being born in Glasgow, which is and has been since March 1603 part of Great Britain, whether you or some of its inhabitiants like it or not.

Good job not everyone is judged for the rest of their lives by comments made when they were teenagers....have you got a link for him complaining about "fans" in this country?

He is a bit of a misery, I'll give you that, but with some peoples attitudes towards him, I'm hardly surprised..

Snakehips is mostly right, and points out an interseting thing...a lot of people north of the border dont give a fuck about nationalism, often those from isolated communities.

Perhaps I didn't explain myself very well, I'll try again just to make sure im not coming off as some ultranationalist BNP member or something!

Of course if you go by location he is a bloke born in Great Britain and therefore British. However there are a large majority of people (including those from their host countries) that would class themselves as 'Welsh' or 'Irish' or indeed 'Scottish' rather than British - and of this group the Scots are definitely the most vocal of the 'We aint british' brigade.

Admittedly that is one particular group, and indeed if you were only to pay attention to the geordies that the media choose to interview or portray, one could be forgiven for thinking we were a bunch of overweight, dole wielding - pregnant at 12 years of age - thick as muck deluded football fans screaming we deserve the title every year.

Of course we know better than that.

I've had a gander round for the 'Murray complaining' news and hands up - i can't find it, it was either in an interview long gone or maybe i was mistaken. Doesn't change the fact that Murray could not be any more anti english or indeed British if he tried! Stating his uncertainty of bowing to the queen or so far as that he would rather 'Anyone bar-England' win the world cup.

As for peoples attitudes influencing his mood? Im fairly sure the first time I heard of him, he was a grim bastard, and i highly doubt someone in his position is going to be totally gutted to hear that the hated English think he sulks a bit.

Guess i came across a bit strong in the initial response, I just honestly could not care less about the bloke when it comes to this particular argument - all the scots scream "he's ours, all you brits are just hogging him for glory" all the brits scream "he's a miserable cunt we dont want him he's rubbish and he hates us and is scottish" - to the point where i quite simply think it's better to write it off in the way that everybody wants and be done with it!

Once again, apologies if i came off a bit heavy handed, i just think this argument gets far more attention than it deserves and has been done to death!

I asked my Orkadian colleague if he would be donning the kilt and scottish shirt for the final today in support of Murray. "Why would I want to wear a skirt? I'm Orkadian." says he. :)

When I read the first line about Murray's semi final the other day, it referred to his 'error-strewn match'. I didn't hold out much hope for him in the final.

I never did subscribe to this 'English/Scottish when they're losing and British when they're winning' shite. A complete myth. Yes, the respective nationalities are happy when their boy is doing good, but the vast majority hold the 'he's British' card in their heart at all times, regardless of victory/defeat, in my opinion.

Edit: It's 'their' not 'they're', you stupid potato heed. :panic:

haha, I used to work with a bloke who always said "I'm not Scottish I'm an Orkadian"

:razz:

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Murray vs Federer in the semi-final of the Australian Open on BBC 2 now.

Currently 5-4 Murray who has broken Fed already. Winner will play Djokovic in the final

Djokovic seems to be back in scary form.

He was immense yesterday like. Murray has taken the first set and is playing fantastically at the moment - hasn't dropped a set in the tournament so far.

Meanwhile, we sing "Don't sell Cabaye" to the tune of bloody "Achy Breaky Heart". :suicide:

Eh? :lol:

:lol:

Ignore me. A week of nights, got in at 5, cant get back to sleep. But crowd chanting at Tennis is just wrong, they sound fuckin ridiculous.

Meenzer, ask David Kelly about the Cabaye song in Bruges. Him and his mates invented it and sang for 6 hours non stop. Bastards. I told him at the time Billy Ray Cyrus was about as cool as wearing a mullet.

Murray breaks Federer....if he wins this service game he does anyway...