Hughton Sacked

Holden McGroin

Chirs Hughton   

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Think there were signs that the players had started to lose their way. The silly bans - Collo, Barton etc...The lack of interest from Guti...By any standard there have been some poor performances of late and I sensed a lack of commitment from some of the players. Just saying like.

You're a good lad and all that Parky, but that's pish. The performance at Arsenal was one of the most committed I've seen off a toon team ever. That's only 3/4 weeks ago.

And the performance against WBA was shocking and that was 3 days ago and the one agaist Bolton was a week ago, things were slipping and thats a fact

Read Alex's post above.

I did then I read the shit you posted

What that it was 3/4 weeks ago we produced one of the most committed showings I've ever seen you stupid cunt? Well we did. The reasons our form suffered are obvious.

No knob head, I know we played well against Arsenal and yes it was 4 weeks ago but barring the Chelsea game we ave been gash. 2 points from 15??? What if after the next 4 or 5 we were at the bottom, what would you do? watch re runs of the Arsenal game??

You still don't get it do you?

Fuck me man, anyone can see we have a lack of bodies, a lack of quality bodies in the squad. So changing manager will fix that will it?

Do you understand now or shall I draw a diagram for you with stick figures?

:D

Changing manager and giving money to spend will change things. I dont think Ashley had the confidence in Houghton to do that and stop making out our squad is shit cos it isnt, small yes but other teams have small squads too

Monopoly money isn't worth anything in real life man.

haha. Straight out of Newcastle Online. What a fuckwit. Try telling that to Sir Alex Ferguson for starters.....unbelievebly stupid.

What did I say about your obsessive behaviour, have you forgotten?

hypocrisy again :D

Why do you come on here and disagree with my views without stating who you are on there ? Who's obsessed ? Why not stand by your views and put them on the table if you're so convinced you are right and I have been talking bollocks ?

Waiting........

:ithankyou:

It's killing you isn't it?

You wish you were a hacker right now so you could find out, eh?

"Fuck finding out about the meaning of life, I just want to know who Ken is on NO!" :icon_lol:

omg. Back up your assertions that I was talking shite, repeat your comments and show how ? It doesn't matter who you are on there, do it on here instead. Go on, do it :blush:

But you can't can you ? Now THAT is obsession..... :ithankyou:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many mugs on here. You get the impression they watched the mackem game with gritted teeth and disappointment etched across their brow. Has Ashley got some sort of hypnotic impact over some of you nobheads? It's like justifying the holocaust what some of you are trying to do, ironic seeing as Ashleys a yid like.

I guarentee if we were bottom at christmas knobs like you would have slagged Houghton and blamed Ashley for sticking with him. He`s made a decision so deal with it and stop fucking crying until you know what is happening and as for the 5-1 I loved it and the Villa game and the Arsenal and Chelsea games but it doesnt wipe out the utter shite either

I never even slagged Hughton when we were losing at Scunthorpe you fuckin nob. I've seen worse football than you would ever believe and the only manager I've ever wanted sacked was Graham Souness. THAT is a fact.

You was happy with Fat Sam? Roeder?. Glad you enjoy watching shit

I hated Sam but I'm not some mug who doesn't realise we need stability. Roeder did brilliant his first season, the second the team was decimated by injuries, course I didn't want him to go. The crowd never got on Roeder's back, they got on FFS back and Roeder copped it as a result.

Here man am not some dafty from fuckin "Lewes" who jumped on some bandwagon cos we had Ginola and played amazing football in the 90's. I was one of your 10,004 daft cunts who kept the club going against the Oxford in 1991, I was the type who went to matches knowing we'd have Mark Stimson at left back, Wayne Fereday on the wing knowing it would be wank, but still went, not some fuckin JCL telling me who I should and shouldn't want sacked.

Lewes is in East Sussex not West Sussex and I`m not from there its just where I live. Good to see you admiting to being a daft cunt anyway.

Better a daft cunt than a daft cunt JCL 38 years of age from Horsham talking utter pish on here.

Everyones a cunt to you who doesnt live within a mile of SJP or followed the toon since back in the bad old days. My opinion is Ashley might have been a bit hasty but I can see why he`s done it now rather than waiting til mid/end Jan and results continued. I do think Houghton has done well since we went down but things have started to side and Ashley isnt going to wear it. Just say Jol comes in and he`s given money and we finish 6th, you still going to bitch?

Lets just revisit when it all started going so well, pre season after relegation. Statements like ..."us four players got together and decided to lay down the law and those who didnt agree could fuck off..... Nolan, Smith, Harper and Barton.

What does that prove in relation to the current situation?

:icon_lol: Your a funny one. It was relation to your suggestion that the team were playing for him..... As you are aware by leaving your original quote out :D

Eh? I left the quote out to save space.

What's your point? The team have clearly been playing for Hughton for a good while now.

Explain then Alex?

During the promotion winning season they all said how they had decided to play for each other, the group of four. When did that stop and change to playing for Hughton instead of themselves.

Yes Im playing devils advocate but fuck me lets not all be so simplistic.

You're saying 4 (just fucking FOUR) players decided to play for themselves and that's the key to last season's success? And I'm being simplistic :D

:D Fuck me, were you at Hogwarts last season after the aldershot game when the famous gang of four took control?

Only last week Hughton was still coming out denying the players wernt involved.

Even by your standards you need a fucking :ithankyou:

The incredibly obvious point I was making is that even with four of the senior players getting together and taking a lead before the start of last season there has to be more to it than that. You're suggestion the players were playing for themselves displays a complete lack of understanding as to what actually makes a football team tick. If the players aren't respectful of the manager and applying his tactics there is absolutely no way you would get the level of performance and commitment from ALL the players that was shown both last season and for a lot of the games this season. Not sure how much more simple I can make that tbh.

Your just being either very naive or dare I say contrary.

Its on record that the four of them took control of the dressing room. Did the remaining players have more respect for Nolan, Harper, Smith and Barton or the latest caretaker (who incidentally was letting them get on with it).

I think Nolan even went public at one point saying "yes Chris picks the team, but WE run the dressing room.

As wins mounted up it would be a brave squad player who dared to not toe the line.

Think there were signs that the players had started to lose their way. The silly bans - Collo, Barton etc...The lack of interest from Guti...By any standard there have been some poor performances of late and I sensed a lack of commitment from some of the players. Just saying like.

You're a good lad and all that Parky, but that's pish. The performance at Arsenal was one of the most committed I've seen off a toon team ever. That's only 3/4 weeks ago.

And the performance against WBA was shocking and that was 3 days ago and the one agaist Bolton was a week ago, things were slipping and thats a fact

Read Alex's post above.

What that it was 3/4 weeks ago we produced one of the most committed showings I've ever seen you stupid cunt? Well we did. The reasons our form suffered are obvious.

No knob head, I know we played well against Arsenal and yes it was 4 weeks ago but barring the Chelsea game we ave been gash. 2 points from 15??? What if after the next 4 or 5 we were at the bottom, what would you do? watch re runs of the Arsenal game??

Fuck me man, anyone can see we have a lack of bodies, a lack of quality bodies in the squad. So changing manager will fix that will it?

Changing manager and giving money to spend will change things. I dont think Ashley had the confidence in Houghton to do that and stop making out our squad is shit cos it isnt, small yes but other teams have small squads too

haha. Straight out of Newcastle Online. What a fuckwit. Try telling that to Sir Alex Ferguson for starters.....unbelievebly stupid.

hypocrisy again :D

Why do you come on here and disagree with my views without stating who you are on there ? Who's obsessed ? Why not stand by your views and put them on the table if you're so convinced you are right and I have been talking bollocks ?

Waiting........

"Fuck finding out about the meaning of life, I just want to know who Ken is on NO!" :icon_lol:

omg. Back up your assertions that I was talking shite, repeat your comments and show how ? It doesn't matter who you are on there, do it on here instead. Go on, do it :blush:

I gave a reason in an earlier post, man. Go on look back. Frothing at the mouth, you are.

So many mugs on here. You get the impression they watched the mackem game with gritted teeth and disappointment etched across their brow. Has Ashley got some sort of hypnotic impact over some of you nobheads? It's like justifying the holocaust what some of you are trying to do, ironic seeing as Ashleys a yid like.

I guarentee if we were bottom at christmas knobs like you would have slagged Houghton and blamed Ashley for sticking with him. He`s made a decision so deal with it and stop fucking crying until you know what is happening and as for the 5-1 I loved it and the Villa game and the Arsenal and Chelsea games but it doesnt wipe out the utter shite either

I never even slagged Hughton when we were losing at Scunthorpe you fuckin nob. I've seen worse football than you would ever believe and the only manager I've ever wanted sacked was Graham Souness. THAT is a fact.

I hated Sam but I'm not some mug who doesn't realise we need stability. Roeder did brilliant his first season, the second the team was decimated by injuries, course I didn't want him to go. The crowd never got on Roeder's back, they got on FFS back and Roeder copped it as a result.

Here man am not some dafty from fuckin "Lewes" who jumped on some bandwagon cos we had Ginola and played amazing football in the 90's. I was one of your 10,004 daft cunts who kept the club going against the Oxford in 1991, I was the type who went to matches knowing we'd have Mark Stimson at left back, Wayne Fereday on the wing knowing it would be wank, but still went, not some fuckin JCL telling me who I should and shouldn't want sacked.

Lewes is in East Sussex not West Sussex and I`m not from there its just where I live. Good to see you admiting to being a daft cunt anyway.

Better a daft cunt than a daft cunt JCL 38 years of age from Horsham talking utter pish on here.

Looks like you've solved your earlier problem :D

Whats my age and where I live (not where i`m from) got to do with anything????

Still doesn't seem real. Up there with the sacking of SBR this, completely obtuse and we're now completely fucked because of it.

Might see the return of Souness at this rate.

FWIW, Pardew did a cracking job at Reading...by getting promoted from the lower leagues and becoming a competitive team in the Championship. However it took Coppell to get them promoted, whilst Pards went on to take West Ham down. Not a premiership manager.

Everyones a cunt to you who doesnt live within a mile of SJP or followed the toon since back in the bad old days. My opinion is Ashley might have been a bit hasty but I can see why he`s done it now rather than waiting til mid/end Jan and results continued. I do think Houghton has done well since we went down but things have started to side and Ashley isnt going to wear it. Just say Jol comes in and he`s given money and we finish 6th, you still going to bitch?

No they're not, I have no problem with OOTs, just OOTs who talk fuckin shit then have the audacity to contradict me.

6th :D The weed must be good down Haywards Heath way at the minute?

Martin Jol 'to be named Newcastle United manager by Friday'

(Old Skool) :D

Former Tottenham boss Martin Jol is in line for a return to the Premier League, with reports suggesting he is due to meet Newcastle owner Mike Ashley for talks over becoming Chris Hughton's replacement as manager.

Martin Jol looks on course to be named the next Newcastle United manager

Hughton was sacked on Monday following his side's 3-1 defeat at West Brom the previous day - the Magpies' fifth straight game without a win.

The announcement was followed within a matter of hours by the news that Jol had quit as manager of Ajax - leading bookmakers to install the Dutchman as the overwhelming favourite to take over at St James' Park.

MORE: Hughton's successor 'to get £20m warchest at Newcastle

Toon chairman Mike Ashley told aides last night that he wants to move quickly over a new appointment.

And Jol is due to fly into the north-east later today for talks with the Newcastle owner, who apparently prefers the 54-year-old to former West Ham and Southampton manager Alan Pardew - another man among the bookies' favourites.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/8496...-boss-by-friday

Read Alex's post above.

hypocrisy again :ithankyou:

Waiting........

:blush:

omg. Back up your assertions that I was talking shite, repeat your comments and show how ? It doesn't matter who you are on there, do it on here instead. Go on, do it :ithankyou:

I gave a reason in an earlier post, man. Go on look back. Frothing at the mouth, you are.

I see, you're paying your occasional visit to Toontastic, won't repeat claims you've commented on elsewhere, and say I'm obsessed ?

What are you worried about man :D

Lets just revisit when it all started going so well, pre season after relegation. Statements like ..."us four players got together and decided to lay down the law and those who didnt agree could fuck off..... Nolan, Smith, Harper and Barton.

:icon_lol: Your a funny one. It was relation to your suggestion that the team were playing for him..... As you are aware by leaving your original quote out :D

What's your point? The team have clearly been playing for Hughton for a good while now.

Explain then Alex?

During the promotion winning season they all said how they had decided to play for each other, the group of four. When did that stop and change to playing for Hughton instead of themselves.

You're saying 4 (just fucking FOUR) players decided to play for themselves and that's the key to last season's success? And I'm being simplistic :D

:D Fuck me, were you at Hogwarts last season after the aldershot game when the famous gang of four took control?

The incredibly obvious point I was making is that even with four of the senior players getting together and taking a lead before the start of last season there has to be more to it than that. You're suggestion the players were playing for themselves displays a complete lack of understanding as to what actually makes a football team tick. If the players aren't respectful of the manager and applying his tactics there is absolutely no way you would get the level of performance and commitment from ALL the players that was shown both last season and for a lot of the games this season. Not sure how much more simple I can make that tbh.

Its on record that the four of them took control of the dressing room. Did the remaining players have more respect for Nolan, Harper, Smith and Barton or the latest caretaker (who incidentally was letting them get on with it).

I think Nolan even went public at one point saying "yes Chris picks the team, but WE run the dressing room.As wins mounted up it would be a brave squad player who dared to not toe the line.

Did he? Never heard that one like. Source?

I think player power was important, especially initially, but you're attributing too much to it imo. Basically negating Hughton's impact. Especially since it's obvious that the players' respect for Hughton not only exists but has grown as they've gained more trust and so on in him and his methods.

Former Tottenham boss Martin Jol is in line for a return to the Premier League, with reports suggesting he is due to meet Newcastle owner Mike Ashley for talks over becoming Chris Hughton's replacement as manager.

Hughton was sacked on Monday following his side's 3-1 defeat at West Brom the previous day - the Magpies' fifth straight game without a win.

The announcement was followed within a matter of hours by the news that Jol had quit as manager of Ajax - leading bookmakers to install the Dutchman as the overwhelming favourite to take over at St James' Park.

Toon chairman Mike Ashley told aides last night that he wants to move quickly over a new appointment.

And Jol is due to fly into the north-east later today for talks with the Newcastle owner, who apparently prefers the 54-year-old to former West Ham and Southampton manager Alan Pardew - another man among the bookies' favourites.

he'll probably want hughton as his assistant

No they're not, I have no problem with OOTs, just OOTs who talk fuckin shit then have the audacity to contradict me.

6th :D The weed must be good down Haywards Heath way at the minute?

why?? Utd,Arsenal,Chelsea,City and Spurs top five, could be plenty of opportunity for a good manager with money to spend but you may prefere a relegation dog fight served up with a huge helping of I told you so

Read Alex's post above.

hypocrisy again :blush:

Waiting........

omg. Back up your assertions that I was talking shite, repeat your comments and show how ? It doesn't matter who you are on there, do it on here instead. Go on, do it :ithankyou:

But you can't can you ? Now THAT is obsession..... :icon_lol:

I see, you're paying your occasional visit to Toontastic, won't repeat claims you've commented on elsewhere, and say I'm obsessed ?

What are you worried about man :D

I think I've dropped a few hints here and there over time tbf, this is drawing out a bit, or is it?

Ah, fuck it, you're still playing. :D

Edited by Ken

Explain then Alex?

I think Nolan even went public at one point saying "yes Chris picks the team, but WE run the dressing room.As wins mounted up it would be a brave squad player who dared to not toe the line.

Did he? Never heard that one like. Source?

I think player power was important, especially initially, but you're attributing too much to it imo. Basically negating Hughton's impact. Especially since it's obvious that the players' respect for Hughton not only exists but has grown as they've gained more trust and so on in him and his methods.

He was still having to deny it last week, over a year later.

From the outside I liked Hughton and still wish he was here. However Im wise enough to know that just like a marriage, alot goes on behind closed doors that we dont know about.

The bottom line is if we end up with a better manager, with time to assess the players before January and money to spend.....then I will be happy.

Just say Jol comes in and he`s given money and we finish 6th, you still going to bitch?

Just say he doesn't Pardew comes in gets no money and we get relegated, are you going to accept that we have indeed been fucked over again?

YES!! Of course I will

he'll probably want hughton as his assistant

Which would have been a great team. May have even being touted yesterday :icon_lol: