Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If he stays and we are in the same sort of position towards the end of 2013, there's no doubt in my mind that everyone will be calling for him to go.

All depends on what happens over the summer.

As usual I'll call it exactly how it is.

If he gets upgraded, joy. If he stays and learns where he personally went wrong, good. If he stays and repeats his mistakes he'll get called for it.

You will no doubt dance around on the side lines telling us all how you've moved on and don't let football bother you any more while having swipes as those it still does.

As for U Turns...... Souness ffs ;)

Don't get your news from Leazes, is the moral of this story. "You have to back the man you've employed" is a single statement, not a u-turn.

"This man should be the next England manager", followed 9 games later by "get this man out of my club". That would be a u-turn. And to anyone with any sense, a fucking embarrassing one at that.

Another point i think its important to remember is that it is possible to make the right decision at the wrong time. Its not just a case of 'he should go and thats it'. The right thinking at the wrong time is not going to help us out. It wasnt 'paramount' that we finished top 10 this year. Not achieving a decent finish is disappointing but he doesnt need to be fired for not getting us top 8. Its only our 3rd season back after relegation, slotting straight back into 'tier 3'(?) with Liverpool consistently each season is a big ask.

For all the talk of 'big clubs' and 'where we should be' amongst football fans, the stark reality of the way finance is structured is that smaller clubs have massive TV deals and massive resources, the playing field is a lot more even nowadays in the middle tiers, where clubs cant access CL and therefore overseas commercial incomes. The margins in football games are therefore smaller, the role of luck, injuries and tiredness greater. I've no doubt Pardew is far from the best manager we could have but the criticism is mis-guided at times and lacks perspective.

As earlier mentioned on this thread, the statement by Pardew..I don`t care if Arsenal beat us 4-0 really fucks me off, yeah we are safe, but surely as a manager he still should be pushing the winning mentality...I am neutral on him staying/going , as bigger factors fucked this campaign up...namely cashley Ashley and llambas not investing...probaly because they knew the return on winning the europa cup was fuckall...(okay around 4 million) but they should have looked at the long term benefits...cementing a fragile relationship...better sponsorship...a step up to bigger and better things maybe...

The releif of yesterday hasnt papered over the performances v the tramps and Liverpool. They put the tin hat on a piss poor season and wont be forgotten in a hurry, not by me anyway. If we'd have sneaked a point from them then I think there wouldnt be the clamour there is this morning. As it is hes probably got no more than 6 weeks from the start of the season. Wouldnt give a fuck if he was pumped now tbh, but when your owner has never appointed a manager who was already in a job then the pool of potential talent is very small. Ashley needs to sort that fuckin attitude out if Pardew does go at some point before the end of the year. Unless its Rafa of course?.... ;)

Think it's more informative to compare this season with the one following promotion, rather than last season's expectation stripping run. Think that's a more realistic view of progress....

10/11 v 12/13

Home games won 6:9

Home games drawn 8:1

Home games lost 5:8

Scored 41:24

Conceded 27:30

Points 26:28

*With one left to play

Away games won 5:2

Away games drawn 5:7

Away games lost 9:10

Scored 15:21

Conceded 30:37

Points 20:13

Total games won 11:11

Total games drawn 13:8

Total games lost 14:18

Scored 56:45

Conceded 57:67

Points 46:41

This season has felt much much worse than that season. On cold hard numbers though, it's not been that much worse than what we were were satisfied with following promotion...and no-one wanted Hughton sacked for.

In fairness to AP I had a different opinion about that comment (getting beat 4-0) when I saw the video. Its not as the media suggested. It was clearly tongue in cheek and afterwards he said they would give Arsenal a hard game because now they dont have the pressure they have had of late.

For all the talk of 'big clubs' and 'where we should be' amongst football fans, the stark reality of the way finance is structured is that smaller clubs have massive TV deals and massive resources, the playing field is a lot more even nowadays in the middle tiers, where clubs cant access CL and therefore overseas commercial incomes. The margins in football games are therefore smaller, the role of luck, injuries and tiredness greater. I've no doubt Pardew is far from the best manager we could have but the criticism is mis-guided at times and lacks perspective.

Spot on. Tiny margins. The fact that we could potentially end up in the top half, after being concerned over relegation going into the penultimate game, shows how small the margins are.

I honestly don't see what the fuss is all about. Pardew deserves a shitty season. No relegation so no harm no foul in my opinion. We had a decent run in Europe. So there were some positives. We have bought well in January. Next season we could be on for Europe again. I really just wish we could stick with a manager for awhile. Like 5 years. Too much to ask?

a Season after promotion with a squad featuring Alan Smith and co is entirely different to a season following European qualifaction with french internationals in your midfield and a 9m striker up front.

That's the point. Take out the European qualification which I see as an aberation, and we're in much the same boat.

Pardew has had 2 years and his best striker sold twice. His net spend is still in profit I think. We played 4 times as many cup games this year as that year....and he could still finish higher.

I personally would rather take the risk that he will learn from his mistakes and build on his experience here than roll the dice again with an unknown quantity.

I can see a "better" manager getting fucked off with the set up and leaving anyway.

I honestly don't see what the fuss is all about. Pardew deserves a shitty season. No relegation so no harm no foul in my opinion. We had a decent run in Europe. So there were some positives. We have bought well in January. Next season we could be on for Europe again. I really just wish we could stick with a manager for awhile. Like 5 years. Too much to ask?

On that note..I do think we bought well in January...one or two will go on to be awesome...although buying should have been done earlier if they were available...and stability is a key word...but I`m just cheesed off at Pardew`s 4-0 comments, fuck me it`s the last home game...in front of home fans...maybe it`s just tongue in cheek..is there more mass then minority that don`t get tongue in cheek...wow is a manager crediting us with irony....only he knows...oh fuck woe is me....also isn`t there extra cash for more points....

On that note..I do think we bought well in January...one or two will go on to be awesome...although buying should have been done earlier if they were available...and stability is a key word...but I`m just cheesed off at Pardew`s 4-0 comments, fuck me it`s the last home game...in front of home fans...maybe it`s just tongue in cheek..is there more mass then minority that don`t get tongue in cheek...wow is a manager crediting us with irony....only he knows...oh fuck woe is me....also isn`t there extra cash for more points....

I think you can put the 4-0 comments down to the euphoria of the moment. The disdain for Europe and the cups, not so.

I personally would rather take the risk that he will learn from his mistakes and build on his experience here than roll the dice again with an unknown quantity.

I can see a "better" manager getting fucked off with the set up and leaving anyway.

i'm also struggling to see a better manager fancying working for ashley. as frustrating as this season has been, i'm tempted to stick with him and give him another year too. the grass isn't always greener

Edited by Dr Gloom

So yes i agree ashley and co gambled again last summer and then swiftly tried to cover their arse in janaury with our signings, but the extra cup games are not an excuse for poor performances, Laudrup pointed it out last night, and extra games or not compare our squad to the likes of norwich and southampton and west brom frankly (lukakau aside) and we're by far superior.

On paper, or by internet/FM reputaion only. Look at whats actually happening on the pitch. Some of it down to Pardew undoubtedly. But for all the ball ache,wailing and gnashing of teeth to get him here, is Debuchy that much of an upgrade on Simpson?....on the evidence so far no. And thats all down to attitiude iyam. What the real story is of this season is unknowable to the likes of us. But if these lads are all an upgrade, then so far its fair to say that a lot of them cant stand up physically to even half an English season. After a full pre season and no Europe it may well be different of course. I fuckin well hope so, because as it stands most of them have been inconsistant to say the least. As for Ben Arfa turning up like Billy fuckin Bunter after "recuperation" in France...think Keegan would have told the little fucker to sling his hook...

The whole Ben Arfa and Coloccini situations have left a bad taste in my mouth this season. Our 2 best players but too many issues with personal problems, psychological issues, flirting with other clubs and pretty much just not being around for large chunks of the season.

If we were flying high in the league both would have been dead keen to get back in the team asap...and 90% of the niggles that saw players come off or miss games would have been ran off.

I think it would be incrdeibly harsh to write off any player signed in January. I think they have all shown a degree of class that sets them apart from the players they're replacing, but the pace/frequency of games in a consistently changing team/system is never going to see the best of them.

My fear is that Pardew keeps things 'fluid' next year. I have no clue as to how Sissoko, Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Gutierrez and Cisse should line up to get the best from them. Pardew needs to decide on how he sees them playing and drill it into them....and any other striker that must come.

This interchanging of 433, 4231, 41311 bollocks has to stop. It looks to me like 6 players make it up as they go along.

My biggest worry is that Pardew has said on a number of occassions that he has made mistakes this season but for the big ones that I see (set pieces, cautious set ups, inability to get the team fired up from the off, no decernible pattern of play), I see no changes being made. So the question is, is he learning from them or is he simply full of shite and really thinking that the whole problem has been injuries and not strengthening the squad last summer? Of course it would be ridiculous to dismiss those points as simply excuses because they are facts but they aren't reason behind why we come out of the blocks like the bizzaro version of Usaine Bolt.

If he has actually learned from the mistakes and put them right then it's definitely in our best interests that he stays but at the minute while i'm hearing the right things I'm seeing the same shite.

My biggest worry is that Pardew has said on a number of occassions that he has made mistakes this season but for the big ones that I see (set pieces, cautious set ups, inability to get the team fired up from the off, no decernible pattern of play), I see no changes being made. So the question is, is he learning from them or is he simply full of shite and really thinking that the whole problem has been injuries and not strengthening the squad last summer? Of course it would be ridiculous to dismiss those points as simply excuses because they are facts but they aren't reason behind why we come out of the blocks like the bizzaro version of Usaine Bolt.

If he has actually learned from the mistakes and put them right then it's definitely in our best interests that he stays but at the minute while i'm hearing the right things I'm seeing the same shite.

Spot on.

If he stays a few extra bodies will paper over some of that, which will appease some people.

The main problem for me is that the players probably already see him for the fraud he is and will be away in the summer rather than suffer another season of Pardew football.

The main problem for me is that the players probably already see him for the fraud he is and will be away in the summer rather than suffer another season of Pardew football.

How dare you call Laudrup a fraud.

Spot on.

If he stays a few extra bodies will paper over some of that, which will appease some people.

a2ygyru8.jpg

I'm gonna get you, baybeh.

I'M GONNA GET YOU, YES I AM!

I'm gonna get you, baybeh.

I'M GONNA GET YOU, YES I AM!