Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Still think Sacking him would guarantee relegation but he is now failing. First half we were lush, should have been 2 or 3 up but the fact that he couldn't shut up shop at home against Reading is terrible.

The first goal was a handball - Santon partly to blame - Williamson takes the rest of it. The second goal was as complete fluke.2 shots on target we were robbed.

Yeah, that booing. The chants of " you don't know what you're doing" for a while after too. We went from comfortable one minute to fraught for the last 30.

I don't know how much it translated to the TV audience but it was palpable in the stadium.

So what you're saying is that it wasn't the substitutions as much as the booing that changed the game?

How much bad luck do we have to have before you can point the finger?

I don't believe in chop and change, but I don't think stability means anything under this owner anyway. Pardew's tactics, approach and excuses are all questionable, I don't think he has the tools in his bag to get us out of this, but we're fucked at least until Ashley goes so relegation or not, new manager or not, it's same shit different wrapping.

To be honest, if we'd had signed Remy I think we'd have won this game comfortably. Not because I think Remy is the answer to all our problems, simply the confidence and impetus a new attacking signing brings.

I personally couldn't give a fuck if the fans booed. The owner is a cunt, the managers starting XI and subs were clueless and the players were fucking hopeless 2nd half. If the worst you can expect for your millions as a footballer is boo's off the muppets paying £600 a year to watch you peddle your shite then things aren't too bad. Or were we meant to politely applaud the players off and pretend everything was ok? I didn't boo fwiw but thats down to apathy more than anything.

As for Dickie's post, I disagree with a lot of it.

Here's an alternative take

Managerial decisions made during a game can massively impact the result either way.

I always remember as a young boy watching England lose to Germany in the 1970 World Cup and whilst I didn’t realise the true implications at the time, anyone who watched that game remembers the decision to bring off Bobby Charlton as the game changer. We were comfortably in the lead, Sir Alf brings off Sir Bobby and a combination of Peter Bonetti and Gerd Muller broke our hearts. At the time I just blamed Bonetti ,because everyone else did, but the real culprit was Sir Alf.

It wasn’t until maybe twenty years later I saw a re-run of some classic world cup moments, which referred to that game against Germany. The punters of today were passing comment that the 1970 team were in their opinion a much better team than the world cup winning team of 1966 and that the decision to bring off Sir Bobby was indeed the managerial decision that lost us that game and ultimately lost Sir Alf his job just 20 something games after winning the world cup, which for the record does of course rank higher than finishing fifth in the Premier League!

Fast forward 43 years to last Wednesday and the tabloid press were up in arms at Rafa’s decision to bring off Frank Lampard with the score at 2-2 against Southampton. Frank was stunned, the crowd was stunned, the commentators were stunned and even Torres looked a bit confused when he came on. The newspapers the following day hardly referred to the game despite those two very brilliant goals from Hazard and Puncheon. Instead, the headlines were all about the very strange decision to bring off Lampard as he was playing a blinder and looked the most likely and obvious candidate to go on and get the winner.

Fast forward to St James’ Park against Reading on Saturday 19th January 2013. Cabaye, our most influential player and link between midfield and attack, has already scored a great goal and is looking like his old self again.We’re one nil up, the game is a bit nip and tuck and the linesman raises his flag to signal a substitution and yet another Pardew managerial masterclass moment came to pass; Marveaux off to be replaced by Perch?????????

We’re playing a team that haven’t won away from home all year, we’re one nil up, we’re playing OK and Pardew decides after 63 minutes to close up shop and defend for half an hour in an effort to get our first victory of the calendar year. Maybe it slipped his mind we’d conceded 15 goals in four games before we sneaked that nil-nil at Norwich. I must admit I was mystified and confused by the decision but apparently in Pardew we must trust, he got us to fifth last year so he must know what he’s doing, right???

Within 6 minutes Reading equalised, thanks again to some quality defending, maybe that nil-nil against Norwich wasn’t the turning point and maybe Debuchy arriving isn’t going to magically solve our defensive woes but in Pardew we must trust, right???

Then the icing on the cake – Cabaye, our wonderfully talented playmaker and most influential player on the park replaced by Bigi, our Tiote mini-me, who although a great little player for his age has about as much playmaking talent as Vinnie Jones. The St James’ park crowd are up in arms at yet another Pardew managerial master-class but in Pardew we must trust, right???

As you all know we lost 2-1 but it’s not just the substitutions that worry me, it’s reverting back to 4-4-2 when we gave the 4-3-3 formation such a good run out against Man U and Arsenal. We played without fear in those two games and had we approached this game with the same mentality then there’s no way if we had scored 3 or 4 at home that we would have lost today. The whole mindset was wrong for this game, Pardew set out his team not to lose and when you do that you’re asking for trouble but in Pardew we must trust, right????

This game was begging for the 4-3-3 formation and in my opinion we should have started with Krul, Santon, Colo, Taylor, Debuchy, Anita, Bigi, Cabaye, Marveaux on the left, Obertan on the right with Cisse down the middle.

In my opinion if Taylor was fit for the bench he was fit to start and with Marveaux and Obertan marauding down the flanks and the quality trio of Cabaye, Bigi and Anita in the middle, we could have really gone after Reading and crushed them out of sight in the first half.

Just my opinion of course!

How much more evidence do you Pardew supporters need to realise you’ve backed a lame horse. 48,000 Geordies in the ground lost their patience today, how about you?

In Pardew do you still trust????

Edited by TheRollingStones

The first goal was a handball - Santon partly to blame - Williamson takes the rest of it. The second goal was as complete fluke.2 shots on target we were robbed.

The fact that Le Fondre is in space in our penalty area in the first place was the issue for the 2nd goal. We were robbed as Reading hadn't done enough to justify their 2 goals but our defensive organisation was poor.

The complaints at the start of the season where that Pardew's team looked clueless going forward, Aeris, CT and LBT all complained specifically about this point. Now the issue is defensive so they were right about fuck all.

The fact that Le Fondre is in space in our penalty area in the first place was the issue for the 2nd goal. We were robbed as Reading hadn't done enough to justify their 2 goals but our defensive organisation was poor.

The complaints at the start of the season where that Pardew's team looked clueless going forward, Aeris, CT and LBT all complained specifically about this point. Now the issue is defensive so they were right about fuck all.

:lol:

We wernt worrying about the defence when we were good going forward yesterday. Clueless :lol:

Mind, the fact that up until the substitutions was made and some people booed his choice of subs we were ok then fell apart doesn't really auger well does it? I know Mike Williamson is the biggest fanny I've ever seen as a centre half, (seen bad CH's in my time but none that reminded me so much as Walter Prince of softies), but the rest of them also laid down alarmingly.

So what you're saying is that it wasn't the substitutions as much as the booing that changed the game?

Said it earlier. That substitution last year would not have led to boos and nerves, we were on the crest of a wave then. This year it does because we're all more concerned. Pardew should have known that.

Agree with a lot of sentiments on here, but looking at the next 3 fixtures I think Pardews goose is cooked. Having a dig at the fans after the first sign of discontent from them towards him in two and a half years was fuckin stupid tbh. He's losing the plot iyam and if Ashley thinks the same then I think he's toast.

Whats this #we had no choice but to start Shola shite anyway? Our best performances of the season came with Marveaux and Obertan either side of Cisse against Man U and Arsenal. We have Xisco who scored a hattrick last time he was heard of and Adam Campbell who has been banging them in for the reserves and would give 300% more effort than the fraudster Shola.

Pardew didnt have any choice but to take Marveaux off and shut up shop? Against the worst team in the league, at home, when we are winning :lol: wtf? We should have brought on another fuckign attacker if anything and put the game to bed! Fuck me sideways, some people need to stick to playing Championship manager cos they obviously have fuck all idea how a real game of football works

:lol:

We wernt worrying about the defence when we were good going forward yesterday. Clueless :lol:

I'd reply properly if I could decipher what you just said so i'll just repeat what i said. My point is simple and clear, you and LBT etc said the problem was our attacking play and Pardew made us look inept going forward and we relied on a moment of magic on Ba or Ben Arfa to get us out of the hole. Now we look good going forward now, the issue is our defence. The manager may still need to go but not for the reasons you were arguing for 3momths ago.

How much bad luck do we have to have before you can point the finger?

I don't believe in chop and change, but I don't think stability means anything under this owner anyway. Pardew's tactics, approach and excuses are all questionable, I don't think he has the tools in his bag to get us out of this, but we're fucked at least until Ashley goes so relegation or not, new manager or not, it's same shit different wrapping.

Pretty much sums up how I feel. A new manager might keep us up, or Pardew might turn it around against the odds.

Either way, last season was an anomaly. Mid table is about as good as its going to get as long as Ashley maintains the revolving door transfer policy. For every season like last season where we over achieve there's likely to be one like this where we find ourselves in the shit. The unpredictability is a symptom of the owners approach

Agree with a lot of sentiments on here, but looking at the next 3 fixtures I think Pardews goose is cooked. Having a dig at the fans after the first sign of discontent from them towards him in two and a half years was fuckin stupid tbh. He's losing the plot iyam and if Ashley thinks the same then I think he's toast.

Not sure if you saw Nile got into it last night :lol:

A selection.....

Nile ranger ‏@NilePowerRanger

Certain fans need to not come and support this team... Coming out to BOOO us.. Stay at home.. Don't need ur BOO's.... SAY NO MORE !!!!

Nile ranger ‏@NilePowerRanger

Last thing from me... To all the fans. U are not forced to buy season tickets.. Or pay our wages.. Please remember that...

Whats this #we had no choice but to start Shola shite anyway? Our best performances of the season came with Marveaux and Obertan either side of Cisse against Man U and Arsenal. We have Xisco who scored a hattrick last time he was heard of and Adam Campbell who has been banging them in for the reserves and would give 300% more effort than the fraudster Shola.

Pardew didnt have any choice but to take Marveaux off and shut up shop? Against the worst team in the league, at home, when we are winning :lol: wtf? We should have brought on another fuckign attacker if anything and put the game to bed! Fuck me sideways, some people need to stick to playing Championship manager cos they obviously have fuck all idea how a real game of football works

A very rare extremely good post from J69. Whoever is contradicting you is talking complete pish.

Also just seen MOTD, I've defended him through blind loyalty but Pardew is getting worse. "Yohan was injured, the crowds reactions changed the whole mood" FUCK OFF! Patronising cunt. Aye its wor fault u take Anita and Marveaux off,wor fault u play Shola on the right,wor fault we lost cos we voiced dissatisfaction. Cunt

The sacking of him and replacing with someone with a bit more positive towards the style of play, media and dressing room would not guarantee relegation, Pardew guarantess relegation if he can't change the way he approach things (but I think it's a lost case). First half we had good players on who had positive football in them regardless of the hoofball instructions he was ordering on the sidelines (still the only goal we made came from set-piece), but Pardew will constantly work against those players, don't you see it? Tackles, defending, tracking back, long balls up to Shola, what good is it when we are constantly losing the ball because we dont have anyone to pass it around and create? We certainly don't have the quality in our defensive players who could offer such a thing. We need to focus on keeping posession and scoring more goals.

Edited by Aeris

We were good going forward in the first half and unlucky not to get 3 - we did nothing in the second which is why Marv came off.

marvin.jpg

"Substituted again, eh? bloody typical that is. I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed."