Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you don't back a manager or supply him with sufficeint staff to do his job - how can you place ALL the blame on him when it goes wrong? Would Mourinho work wonders with Williamson?

In addition how do two freak - goals - if anything down to individual error/handball & one complete farcical luck -- fall under anyones tactical remit?

Especially when there's nobody to bring on who can influence the game. You just can't account for it.

Think it's went beyond a squad issue, though I agree our bench is drastic because of it. We're only 3 players away from our best side but his obsession with subbing on holding midfielders rather than actively attacking opposition's weaknesses is the sign of a man feeling the pressure IMHO. Last season showed he was a manager with good ideas, smart planning and a decent eye for the right subs at the right time (Shola to exploit battered CBs, Obertan's pace to peg teams back). Ian Harte's on the pitch and you've got Shola attacking him. He remained unskinned for that entire match and it was baffling.

At times last season we had poor options but he still used everyone well. This year, he's went from using everyone perfectly to wasting them spectacularly. I don't think you go from being a savvy manager to a shit one overnight and he MUST know his tactics have been shite from West Ham onwards. I'm at a total loss

Is Tom seriously trying to say Pardew wasn't to blame for yesterday's defeat?

Are you saying Pardew is entirely to blame? Are you that fucking stupid? Two shots on target two goals but you want it relentlessly attack a five man midfield/back four? Wasn't exactly Cisse's day was it so if he got a chance I doubt he'd score it & I can say for sure the defence would be more exposed.We're negative because a lot of our players are fucking shit.

You never ask yourself what Ameobi was doing on the field in the first place? Couldn't he have gone for like ANY other option, something which would increase our chances for scoring our second with scary many %.

We controlled them with Marv, Cab and Anita. Then Perch on at 65 for a fit Marv who kept us in possession, the wad was supposed to secure this grand victory defensively somehow. Then Cabaye had to leave but Bigi would be an ok sub if Marv was still on. Then Anita off for Obertan, and everything just looked like complete chaos, Jonas was both right and left, Shola and Piss was both strikers and wingers, and Obertan running around like a headless chicken I dont even know where he went to play (cause I didnt watch the match that closely anymore).

It's like Pardew pushes the panic button at 65 when he doesn't even have to, ruining what we are building up to, thinking we can't cope. That negativity alone has a bad effect on players.

Edited by Aeris

Marveux should have stayed on. Pard himself admitted that was a mistake. But, yes he does get too defensive too early in matches. I think you want to take it to teams like Reading and take the responsability for that whatever the result. That's real management. ;)

Tom's point about our squad depth is of course right as well.

Dempsey!!!Take that rednose. :lol:

Edited by Park Life

Our midfield was struggling badly when Marveaux came off. Although I don't agree with taking him off for Perch, something had to be done.

Pardew was wrong to point the finger at the fans, but I fucking hate our crowd sometimes. It's embarrassing sat amongst a group of grown men booing because one average player is being replaced by another.

The booing of the Cabaye switch was ridiculous too - this is a bloke who has just had TWO MONTHS out following a groin operation. Have any of the crowd actually played football at any level at all? Do they know what it feels like to play 90 minutes when you're fully fit, never mind after surgery.

We're in the shit - no doubt. But booing our own team makes things far, far worse. The fans who walked out when Reading scored their second can fuck off too. There was nearly 20 minutes left on the clock for fuck's sake. Dickheads, the lot of them.

Edited by BigWalrus

You pick and choose your games to attack and defend. Reading at home is not the one to try and defend a 1-0 from half time.

Back to your duck posh boy.

Funny that last week you were questioning why we didn't approach the Norwich game the same way as the Man U and Arsenal games, you never replied to my explanation presumably as there was nothing for you to say. Now, a week later your preaching the same message back in some simplified bite size package. Last week you didn't even know why we approach games differently.

We did attack the game yesterday and should have been out of site, we created plenty of chances and looked coherent going forward. This is what you were asking for from Pardew since earlier in the season. What we seem to have lost, as witnessed by the amount of goals we are shipping is defensive organisation. You've been waiving the Pardew out flag all season and have tried to fit everything that's happened into this point of view. Not saying Pardew has to be kept, just that you shouldn't pretend to have been coherent on this issue at any point.

If he keeps pushing panic buttons we are gonna loose every game for the rest of the season. We need to hold the focus where we have done well through the first half, if there isn't any danger in sight, well dont fuckin do stuff just because its your standard way of doing it. Pardew is working more or less after a shite routine (which he hasn't yet figured isnt working at all), he's not reading the match very well, he's not operating dynamically. And for the last time you haven't answered MY simple question -what was Ameobi doing on the pitch? Shouldn't he at least have saved him for the last 20 min, which he can manage somewhat ok, as he is our ONLY other striking option.

Edited by Aeris

Funny that last week you were questioning why we didn't approach the Norwich game the same way as the Man U and Arsenal games, you never replied to my explanation presumably as there was nothing for you to say. Now, a week later your preaching the same message back in some simplified bite size package. Last week you didn't even know why we approach games differently.

We did attack the game yesterday and should have been out of site, we created plenty of chances and looked coherent going forward. This is what you were asking for from Pardew since earlier in the season. What we seem to have lost, as witnessed by the amount of goals we are shipping is defensive organisation. You've been waiving the Pardew out flag all season and have tried to fit everything that's happened into this point of view. Not saying Pardew has to be kept, just that you shouldn't pretend to have been coherent on this issue at any point.

I can't make it any simpler for you than I already have done on several occasions today.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Are you saying Pardew is entirely to blame? Are you that fucking stupid? Two shots on target two goals but you want it relentlessly attack a five man midfield/back four? Wasn't exactly Cisse's day was it so if he got a chance I doubt he'd score it & I can say for sure the defence would be more exposed.We're negative because a lot of our players are fucking shit.

Tom, you are saying there is no blame. Thats equally stupid.

I don't believe there's any chance of Pardew going, he's there until, at least, the end of the season.

The worrying thing, about all this is that, is we are having a worse start than when we went down, our worst start ever in the top division I think.

With a poor away record, and 5 of the next 8 away, we could be sucked into the bottom 3 very soon.

I really thought we should've gone at Norwich who were rocking.

Instead Pardew chickened out, in my opinion, as he did yesterday.

We have some good players but Pardew seems to hand them excuses on a plate whether it's injuries or whatever.

If the players are in the squad, and on the bench, Why is Pardew saying they shouldn't be near the first team and giving them a handy escape clause?

Reading has a few players who shouldn't be near the Championship but their manager fired them up and they battled whatever their limitations.

Edited by Banshee

I'm saying Aeris - there is a lot of blame and a lot of doors to send it to.

If the tools you have available isnt sharp enough, as handyman (or girl) its your job to sharpen them up or use them in a way that still gets the job done. Pardew is no handyman, he barely knows the difference between a hammer from a saw. (Lol, I love these masculine metaphors)

If the tools you have available isnt sharp enough, as handyman (or girl) its your job to sharpen them up or use them in a way that still gets the job done. Pardew is no handyman, he barely knows the difference between a hammer from a saw. (Lol, I love these masculine metaphors)

If you have a tampon (Mike Williamson) but still end up with claret everywhere you buy new tampons.

Man, looking at the post-game interview with Laudrup. Amazing inspiring manager with tons of knowledge. I'm so freakin jealous of this welsh club for their new manager. I see a great great future for him and his club if he want to stick with it.

If you have a tampon (Mike Williamson) but still end up with claret everywhere you buy new tampons.

But if you don't have that luxury (to buy new tampons, hahaha :) ), try to use something else like a sock or some cotton or whatever, might even do a better job than that abused tampon (Willo).

Isn't it funny how this welsh defender Ben Davies guy being a completely unknown 19 year old before the season, no expected talent at all, has now played 24 matches this season for Swansea and did quite well, even getting on the scoresheet yesterday. Couldn't see that happening with us like... and not because I believe our youth wouldn't be up for it. Streete and Good where are they when Willo constantly makes us suffer. Shouldn't they get the same chances as this fella? The same with Kadar last year, Perch and Simmo cost us dearly against Norwich, how could youth/Kadar made that worse?

Edited by Aeris