Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He's screaming for players atm in every post match. For the first time it feels like this must be grating Ashley. Shows Pard is close to the edge himself and tbf as frustrated as us.

Discussion with the chaps after the game was whether Pardoo was making a point to Ashley, gaining some leverage for transfer target talks, with those otherwise inexplicable changes.

...or maybe the payoff looks attractive enough for him to force Ashleys axe.

We were THAT dumbfounded by it.

In a "normal" football world,0 points from Villa would mean he's toast. Adkins got sacked on a run of losing 2 in 12 :lol: Sounds like some sort of informal "vote of confidence" has been given according to the Journal this morning. So thats the second last nail in his coffin, Villa may provide the final one.

“I asked to come off because my groin became tight,” said Cabaye, whose return to action as a substitute at Norwich a week earlier was sooner than expected after hernia surgery.

“I didn’t want to take any risks on my first start for so long. The pitch was very heavy. I think it was the right decision for me.

“The fans were very angry but they did not realise I needed to come off. They should not blame the manager for that. It was my decision. I was also feeling tired.

“You cannot expect a player to be 100 per cent in my situation.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle/10174329.Subbed_Cabaye_leaps_to_defence_of_his_manager/?ref=rss

In a "normal" football world,0 points from Villa would mean he's toast. Adkins got sacked on a run of losing 2 in 12 :lol: Sounds like some sort of informal "vote of confidence" has been given according to the Journal this morning. So thats the second last nail in his coffin, Villa may provide the final one.

Aye, I think he has to win to save his job. A lot of this is down to the players too. Do they care enough to put in the performance needed to save their gaffer or has he lost the dressing room? Because on paper we should be beating Villa. But then we should have beaten Reading too

Pardews defenders have concentrated on the Cabaye change, because it's more defensible. It was bringing Perch on for Marveaux ten minutes earlier that really galvanized our opponents though.

Cabaye coming off was just salt in the wound.

What a contrast to Ben Arfa by the way. He's begging to play on through muscle tears apparently.

That's good to see. Suggests the players still support Pardew.

Suggests only that Cabaye had to come off because he was afraid of his groins. Doesn't say much about the rest of how he ruined the game and how the players reacted to that, which was more than just a Cab sub.

Edited by Aeris

Pardews defenders have concentrated on the Cabaye change, because it's more defensible. It was bringing Perch on for Marveaux ten minutes earlier that really galvanized our opponents though.

Cabaye coming off was just salt in the wound.

What a contrast to Ben Arfa by the way. He's begging to play on through muscle tears apparently.

Are you saying Cabaye is a puff?

Suggests only that Cabaye had to come off because he was afraid of his groins. Doesn't say much about the rest of how he ruined the game and how the players reacted to that, which was more than just a Cab sub.

I doubt cabaye would have made a comment like that if he didn't back his boss. He's a senior player. Suggests Pardew is still backed by the senior players. That's important if Pardew is kept on. If we're going to get out of this mess the players need to back the manager, whether the fans do or not is doesnt matter nearly as much if Ashley decides to keep him on.

And there really isnt any point in blaming Pardew solely for all of this. Yes he made some shite substitutions that handed Reading the initiative. But look at the options on the bench. There weren't any. And that's been the case since the start if the season

My worries are, if Pardoo gets the boot, who is there to take over?

I think Pardoo is showing to FMA what little depth we have in the squad too like HF says.

That's what the Pardew out camp are forgetting. Last time we were in a relegation scrap the owner appointed joe kinear. Just because Pardew's having a mare now doesn't mean any replacement will be better (given the wages on offer he'll probably be worse)

And there really isnt any point in blaming Pardew solely for all of this. Yes he made some shite substitutions that handed Reading the initiative. But look at the options on the bench. There weren't any. And that's been the case since the start if the season

Here's my suggestions for subs:

Shola off at 45 Oberan in to benefit from very slow left-back

No subs at 65 why should it everything seems to go well for us, the best defense are offense for us at the moment leaving as little posession to Reading as possible, rendering them weak if they should go all out attacking.

Cabaye comes off at 74(which must've been somehow foreseen/predicted in the physio room, since Cab stated he knew he wasn't 100% and would struggle playing the whole match) Bigi in to take the same type of role

75 Jonas, who has been extremely weak on the wing the whole match, switches with Marveaux to provide some more defensive cover in the very lightweight central mid (if we are not up 2-0 by then). Marveaux proceeds his offensive play from the flank

Anita off 80 very tired, in comes Perch to partner Jonas in the battle of the middle.

Edited by Aeris

I think Pardew would be allowed to take us down and stay for the rebuild personally.

I see no point in doing anything different either. He's probably the second best appointment Ashley has made. I see no reason to think he would attract anyone better.

I think Pardew would be allowed to take us down and stay for the rebuild personally.

I see no point in doing anything different either. He's probably the second best appointment Ashley has made. I see no reason to think he would attract anyone better.

Booooooh hell no

Has Ashley changed from the bloke who had four managers in the last relegation season?

Being pretty ruthless with Hughton was another gamble.

0 points from the next 3 games is going to make Pardews possition untenable iyam.

Don't know myself, flip of a coin. Would a new manager bring in 17-20 points?...looking at it like that its difficult to see Pardew acheiveing it.

I was fuming on Saturday after the Marveaux substitution and lets be honest, there have been a few rank decisions recently, and dodgy sides.

BUT

What does Pardoo have to work with especially given then injuries and losing players to ACN and Losing Ba.

We have to back Padroo and the players. I know its easy for me to say who doesnt goto mataches like the ST holders on here who spend their hard earned, but we need to give Pardoo some backing. His hands are tied and if FMA can earn Pardoo's trust he should light go of the strings a little.

Has Ashley changed from the bloke who had four managers in the last relegation season?

Being pretty ruthless with Hughton was another gamble.

0 points from the next 3 games is going to make Pardews possition untenable iyam.

Don't know myself, flip of a coin. Would a new manager bring in 17-20 points?...looking at it like that its difficult to see Pardew acheiveing it.

Ashley never sacked anyone in the relegation season though.

I was fuming on Saturday after the Marveaux substitution and lets be honest, there have been a few rank decisions recently, and dodgy sides.

BUT

What does Pardoo have to work with especially given then injuries and losing players to ACN and Losing Ba.

Exactly. To shore up a match and replace a player who was not performing, he has utility championship player James Perch to bring on. Marveaux off may have been a mistake but not having a powerful / athletic / good quality midfielder in the foreseen absence of Tiote is not Pardew's fault.

BUT

We have to back Padroo and the players. I know its easy for me to say who doesnt goto mataches like the ST holders on here who spend their hard earned, but we need to give Pardoo some backing. His hands are tied and if FMA can earn Pardoo's trust he should light go of the strings a little.

His hands are not tied.

Playing one striker....at home...against the worst side in the league....it's cautious in the extreme....especially when we have scored goal after goal at old Trafford and the Emirates going all out attack. Even with that level of caution we made chances. We could have had them battered by half time with a bit of gumption.

Leaving Shola on for 90 minutes when (as much as I like him) he offers diminishing returns after 20 minutes is like playing with ten men.......especially when you stick him on the wing and expect him to do more running than anyone else on the pitch. The bile Ameobi gets is out of order. He shouldn't be used like that.

Would a new manager bring in 17-20 points?...looking at it like that its difficult to see Pardew acheiveing it.

The new manager effect, especially with a very inspiring and well spoken one (unlike Pardon), would certainly lift the dressing room. So why not? 17-20 points is what we achieved in the first half when we were playing extremely bad.

The new manager effect, especially with a very inspiring and well spoken one (unlike Pardon), would certainly lift the dressing room. So why not? 17-20 points is what we achieved in the first half when we were playing extremely bad.

Like when Shearer came in?