Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You can't resort to making posts without having any sort of sly digs at people can you?

Yes I watch quite a bit of Ligue 1 as I have mentioned on here due to me being off work due to some really bad health issues I'm trying to fill my days up as best as possible. So there's no need for the digs all of the time is there? :up:

Less pouting, more scouting thanks.

;)

I can never find Budesliga highlights. The YouTube channel is blocked in England. PSV TV upload first-team and youth-team highlights on their YouTube channel.

itv4 10pm Monday nights

Does Pardew ever go to other games? I can't recall any reports etc that he's been in the stands watching our next opponents.

He should be at Reading tonight.

He was at Villa for their cup loss to Bradford, you would assume that was to scout them for Tuesday's game but it might of just been to see how Good was getting on.

Credit to Dave from N-O for working this out.

2010/11 - 2 points gained from losing positions in 9 games (possible 27 points)

2011/12 - 4 points gained from losing positions in 15 games (possible 45 points)

2012/13 - 3 points gained from losing positions in 15 games (possible 45 points)

When we've gone behind under Pardew, we've taken 9 points from a possible 117.

That's fucking horrific.

Credit to Dave from N-O for working this out.

That's fucking horrific.

How do other managers compare?

Coming coming back from behind in 9 out if 39 games is just shy of a quarter of games which I don't think will compare too badly with similar mid table teams.

We haven't once come back to win a game under Pardew have we?

Either way when you look at it then it's a really bad stat.

Remember how good we were at doing that under Robson?

I posted a couple of graphs on N-O about it.....

5zl8r4.jpg

20i89ds.jpg

Top one is last season, bottom one this.

I think it's preferable to take the lead and win. We did it 50% of time last season so no-one complained. Down to 25% this season though, so people start to loook for other things to complain about. Especially when we have gone from winning to losing in 4 games this year.

But how often does the average team come from behind to win? There's a good article here....

http://www.eplindex.com/21020/down-1-0-half-time-away-how-often-does-team-win.html

It asks, since 2008, how many times have teams come back from being one nilo down at half time away from home?

11 teams have not managed it once. Including Liverpool, Man City & Spurs.

Only 4.6% of teams 1 down at half time won at Full Time.

Newcastle are mid-table for recovering from being a goal behind. Despite not winning any, we managed to draw 4.

Does Pardew ever go to other games? I can't recall any reports etc that he's been in the stands watching our next opponents.

He should be at Reading tonight.

So that means he doesn't go to games? If you haven't heard reports?