Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

During which 6 of the best players who put us on the previously good run have been missing.

Saying its not rocket science is an offense to the hard working community of rocket scientists.

Still plays Taylor ahead of Yanga-Mbiwa though. :glare:

Still plays Taylor ahead of Yanga-Mbiwa though. :glare:

I wonder if he'd have more faith in Mbiwa alongside Colo? Perhaps he's playing Taylor and Williamson because he think that partnership is better than Willo - Mbiwa?

I'm not saying it is, or he thinks that way, just wondering.

Better than:

Roeder

Souness

Gullitt

Ardilles

Allardyce

Dalgleish

Kinnear

Shearer :panic:

and probably Hughton too

Making him the 3rd best manager we've had in the last 20+ years.

Really, he isn't the problem.

The managerial position is very close to being irrlelevant at NUFC as long as Mike Ashley owns the club.

He's not going to appoint a young up and comer, or an experienced older hand as long as Pardew is treading water in mid table. Most debate on this point is utterly pointless iyam, I cant decide whether to laugh or cry when I peruse the lunatic asylum formerly known as Newcastle Online re this subject, they know the truth about the situation but appear to apportion more blame to Pardew that our season being over before the second week in Janaury than Ashley. Theres no equality here, Pardew carries out Ashleys wishes with barely a murmur in the full knowledge that being a mealy mouthed patsy is the height of his managerial career.

The managerial position is very close to being irrlelevant at NUFC as long as Mike Ashley owns the club.

He's not going to appoint a young up and comer, or an experienced older hand as long as Pardew is treading water in mid table. Most debate on this point is utterly pointless iyam, I cant decide whether to laugh or cry when I peruse the lunatic asylum formerly known as Newcastle Online re this subject, they know the truth about the situation but appear to apportion more blame to Pardew that our season being over before the second week in Janaury than Ashley. Theres no equality here, Pardew carries out Ashleys wishes with barely a murmur in the full knowledge that being a mealy mouthed patsy is the height of his managerial career.

Do you think Ashley made Pardew leave Remy out against Cardiff?

Do you think Ashley made Pardew leave Remy out against Cardiff?

Hes not told him what side to pick, but Pardew's instructions are: "faak ver cups Awl, they aint worf tuppence apeney, concentrate on ver leeeg sahn.."

He's doing as his boss has strongly suggested he does. And as an Ashley minion told the fans forum in September(?)

I'd prefer he played MYM with Willo but we are all basing our opinions on what we see in the games, we've no idea what goes on in training.

Maybe Taylor is consistently outperforming MYM in training.

Edited by jonasjuice

I'd prefer he played MYM with Willo but we are all basing our opinions on what we see in the games, we've no idea what goes on in training.

Maybe Taylor is consistently outperforming MYM in training.

We kept clean sheets against Spurs and Chelsea with Williamson and Mbiwa at the back, no idea what he see's in Taylor to put him there, the shit bastard that he is.

Well he's not a shit bastard is he, he has good games and bad games, he's just an average premier league centre back. Get's more stick because he is so clearly a giant phallus as a person and his fuck ups are often frustrating because they're so blindingly stupid.

MYM's had his good games and his bad games too. Like I say based on what I've seen I'd pick MYM, if only because he'll likely (hopefully) improve the more he adapts to the league, whereas we know Taylor's not going to improve much now.

Just saying the difference between their performances hasn't been huge, so I don't see it as nuts that he goes with Taylor, considering we have no idea how they've each been performing in training. With Cabaye going he might think Taylor being his enthusiastic and outspoken self is useful to have on the pitch too.

Taylor is a known quantity. He's fucking gash and has been for years. Mbiwa on the other hand is still adjusting to a new league (it's been a full year now, but we all remember how awful Colo was in his first year) and hasn't had a settled run in the team in a while. I'd play Mbiwa every day of the week and twice on Sundays before Taylor got a sniff. That's not to say Mbiwa has been a defensive colossus, because he hasn't, but Taylor is a rent-a-quote moron who's been coasting for years on a decent season and his "local lad" rubbish.

Taylor is a known quantity. He's fucking gash and has been for years. Mbiwa on the other hand is still adjusting to a new league (it's been a full year now, but we all remember how awful Colo was in his first year) and hasn't had a settled run in the team in a while. I'd play Mbiwa every day of the week and twice on Sundays before Taylor got a sniff. That's not to say Mbiwa has been a defensive colossus, because he hasn't, but Taylor is a rent-a-quote moron who's been coasting for years on a decent season and his "local lad" rubbish.

Nah you've gone a bit over the top there haven't you. And whether he's a prick or not should have no influence on whether he gets to play the football.

But when his prickishness is affecting his game, then it does make a difference. The local-hero centre-of-attention crap is what causes him to do his pointing routine, try improbable touches/controls, carry the ball miles out of defence for no good reason, argue with refs, take the piss out of the opposing keeper, and spend more time on making himself look good than on executing the basics of defence, which makes him an unreliable and therefore shit defender. All of that is IMO of course.

Well he's not a shit bastard is he, he has good games and bad games, he's just an average premier league centre back. Get's more stick because he is so clearly a giant phallus as a person and his fuck ups are often frustrating because they're so blindingly stupid.

MYM's had his good games and his bad games too. Like I say based on what I've seen I'd pick MYM, if only because he'll likely (hopefully) improve the more he adapts to the league, whereas we know Taylor's not going to improve much now.

Just saying the difference between their performances hasn't been huge, so I don't see it as nuts that he goes with Taylor, considering we have no idea how they've each been performing in training. With Cabaye going he might think Taylor being his enthusiastic and outspoken self is useful to have on the pitch too.

Yanga-Mbiwa was also captain of a title winning side so also has leadership skills that could be used on the pitch. I don't think Taylor's pointing and chest puffing are leadership skills match that do you?

But when his prickishness is affecting his game, then it does make a difference. The local-hero centre-of-attention crap is what causes him to do his pointing routine, try improbable touches/controls, carry the ball miles out of defence for no good reason, argue with refs, take the piss out of the opposing keeper, and spend more time on making himself look good than on executing the basics of defence, which makes him an unreliable and therefore shit defender. All of that is IMO of course.

He's picked that up from Nolan and I don't mind it at all.

He's a bang average centre back, certainly shouldn't be a first pick. I am slowly convincing myself that Pardew is picking a partnership, rather than his best available players. Probably out of hope, than anything else.

Yet the Yanga-Mbiwa and Williamson partnership looked better than the current one.

To you, and others, aye. I'm just guessing at Pardew's reasons

This. Mbiwa's also been played all over the back 4, which cant be a big help. We've got nothing to lose, give the guy who clearly has potential some much needed game time.