Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

am i allowed to mention the fact there is an injunction, after the super injunction business it's all a bit grey, maybe Alans isn't super.

Nothing else about him is, tbf ;)

Edited by Sonatine

Because:

It's their job to ask the questions

It's his job to face them, if not answer them

They are giving him an opportunity to say what he really thinks

And finally because, one day, he's gonna give them what they (and we) want

Nobody should be feeling sorry for him though, he's paid a fuckload of money and there are plenty other clubs that he could get a job at if he wanted to, or if he had any self-respect.

i don't pity pardew; he knew what the job description was when he took it on and he was one of the few managers out there prepared to take it on. he kept the party line up throughout the kinnear fiasco. not many other managers with any self respect would work in such circumstances.

but you have to wonder how long he's prepared to stick around and look such a tit. the club don't help him at all in that respect. there is no PR line at all, it's always pardew that has to face the music.

he has been able to get teams performing well despite little to no help from ashley, he's probably the lowest paid manager in the season - other middling clubs will look at that and think he;s worth trying to poach.

god knows who we'll be left with when that scenario eventually plays out....we'll probably start longing for the glory days under kinnear.

If he doesn't want to say anything, cos he doesn't want to get sacked, he should just stop showing up and let the PR lass take all the shit. Either that or unload on the dickheads in charge. Don't turn up to be emasculated by having some PR div telling journalists to stop being mean to you.

Pardew will be ok anyway as people will forget about the 3-0 just as quickly as they did last season and after the Liverpool defeat too.

The masses will soon be back to singing "Alan Pardew's black & white army", "Pardew giz a wave" etc. :up:

he's not that bad a manager tbf.

certainly the best the current regime can hope to attract, given the conditions any manager here has to work under.

not to excuse his slimey pandering to the fat cunt. you'd think that he'd know by now that sucking the owner's dick in public won't stop him selling our best players and not replacing them.

though maybe dedicating wins to "mike" is what's needed to even retain his position

Tactically, I'm sure he gets stuff wrong, but that pales into insignificance compared to the other shit that's going on and of which he's a victim. And on that, the best you can hope from him is that he stand up to the regime and makes his feelings known.

Bringing a different bloke in and continuing to sell players out from under him is pointless. You cannot retain decent quality managers under those circumstances, and no manager can be expected to maintain performance levels or output from a squad under those circumstances.

Like him or not, at least Pardew is providing some stability. Add a revolving door on the manager's office to this mess, and it'll very quickly turn into a full blown crisis.

he's not the greatest manager. but under the circumstances, he's done ok.

the thing that strikes the fear of death into me is contemplating who his replacement might be if he did end up talking his way out of the job.

david pleat? howard wilkinson? ron atkinson?

he's not that bad a manager tbf.

certainly the best the current regime can hope to attract, given the conditions any manager here has to work under.

The job could still be appealing for up and coming managers, look at Ole Gunnar Solskjaer working for that clown Vincent Tan.

Managing to surrender the mental edge that we've held for so long over that lot, when it comes to derby games, is near enough unforgivable. That said, I don't disagree with the posts above. Yes, he's needlessly negative. Yes, when he does get it wrong, it tends to be spectacularly. But, you will never convince me that he's the current worst influence at this football club. It's not even close.

The job could still be appealing for up and coming managers, look at Ole Gunnar Solskjaer working for that clown Vincent Tan.

It's a different set of circumstances though. If Tan starts undermining the babycunt-faced assassin's ability to manage the team, he'll be away. And that is the guaranteed setup for anyone coming in to manage NUFC.

Don't think anyone has said that, tbf.

Nah, not here, but I meant it more as a general point. I've avoided a lot of football/social media since Saturday. So I'm only catching up now, really. Obviously the result has contributed, but I have seen a fair few comments suggesting that sacking Pardew is the 'first step' towards some kind of recovery, with the rest falling into place after that. Boggles my mind, that.

Why do I feel sorry for him?

He comes across as a reasonably decent bloke and has proven to be a decent football coach. Regardless of how you rate him as manager and any knee-jerk reaction to the defeat at the weekend, the interview came across as someone who was doing his utmost to remain professional despite clearly being upset at having his team dismantled during the window without any suitable replacements being brought in. All of which was outside of his control.

I wonder what it is that keeps him in his job - I think I would have walked by now.

The time that you could call that professionalism has long since passed. It comes across as a cowardly lack of self respect at this stage. There's nothing professional about allowing yourself and your players to be repeatedly sold down the river.

i wonder why he's still in the job too. fear of landing a bigger gig i suspect.

he's got a massive ego and beyond all the shite he has to contend with off the pitch, it still must be a buzz managing a team with 50k gates, albeit one that continues to under achieve. it must feel pretty good when he does get it right. the season he guided us to 5th is likely to be the pinnacle of his career.

Think Pards is in on the scam. Can be forgiven for being an average manager with the odd good period (the PL is full of them)...But it's pretty clear he in on the scam up to his neck. He is one leg of the table. If he goes its going to be harder for them to continue with the flim flam.

Reasonably decent blokes don't have to leave their clubs for the alleged reasons he did, or get the job under the circumstances he did

it's a making of his own design the position he's in now and i couldn't give two flying fucks, this is what you signed up for and were happy to get on with at the beginning, so you're going take your medicine and if you don't have the self respect not to pander and talk shite and blame the fucking fans for reacting badly, then you'll get the vitriol you deserve.

boo hoo the lads you happily got into bed with have acted like they did previously like every media outlet and former player/manager has reported, and you didn't think you'd be under the same scenario? fucking wise up.

It's why CH was ditched. Too honest and too close to the players.

Edited by Park Life

Why do I feel sorry for him?

He comes across as a reasonably decent bloke and has proven to be a decent football coach. Regardless of how you rate him as manager and any knee-jerk reaction to the defeat at the weekend, the interview came across as someone who was doing his utmost to remain professional despite clearly being upset at having his team dismantled during the window without any suitable replacements being brought in. All of which was outside of his control.

I wonder what it is that keeps him in his job - I think I would have walked by now.

Sorry mate but you best move sharpish to Disneyland. Pardew is totally in on the jig. Pretty sure and it's been discussed elsewhere that he gets a cut of transfer profits.

Edited by Park Life