Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's just I too know several people who have seen his contract. Several clauses were mentioned but not that one...

Spill the beans.

Bonus related pay for spoon feeding bullshit to the media?

He's managed us to four successive seasons in the PL, a 5th place finish and Europa campaign.
He's not the greatest manager in the world, but he's decent. We could do better, we could do worse.

Again why is he decent? Is it his tactics? Substitutions? Ability to motivate players for big games? The way we come-back when going a goal down? How players have improved under his tenure?

Again why is he decent? Is it his tactics? Substitutions? Ability to motivate players for big games? The way we come-back when going a goal down? How players have improved under his tenure?

The truth is that both he and they are horiffically inconsistant. How can you explain the performances v manu, citeh (twice), even Norwich was decent...theres no rhyme or reason to them, fuck knows what NUFC will come out of any given tunnel on any given match day. After Tuesday night I thought if we apply ourselves the same way theyd have to go some to beat us. I doubt if Pardew could explain it himself.

There's no way he's in on the selling and non replacement of his own best players, you crazy cunnies.

It came out in court that Redknapp was getting a cut of transfer fees received while at Portsmouth so it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

It's just I too know several people who have seen his contract. Several clauses were mentioned but not that one...

I have no reason to doubt you mate.

What was discussed elsewhere was with regard to controlling the wage bill and therein another performance related bonus. Also some kind of profit based incentive on player turnover (this falls into line with wages as well). Scouts at some clubs are on a bonus with regard to players scouted and profits therein on resale..So that isn't so novel really.

Although it might be argued that it might be a conflict of interest with regard to the teams health on the pitch. MA made it very clear to all those concerned that the club was to reduce all expenses and become as lean as possible, I find it hard to believe the manager would be left out of such a core decision and not be incentivised to put in place good practice for such outcomes (that's the best lawyer speak I can do). :lol:

We have all noted his constant and endless 'hawking' of players in interviews...If there is some merit to the above then this would explain his constant and tedious announcements on how it is going to he hard to hold onto certain players if the right offer comes in...

Food for thought anyway. ;)

Pards is in over his head with Ashley who is a pretty smart operator and it might just dawning on him now.

Edited by Park Life

It came out in court that Redknapp was getting a cut of transfer fees received while at Portsmouth so it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

Redknapp also revealed that Carroll had been offered to him more than once by us. And he magically knew Ba's contract inside out.

Edited by Park Life

Quite frank I'm happy and pleased with how this club are being run, the sheets are balanced, we are getting rid of all the high salary players, we don't spend high transfer fees and rather save money for worse times, we don't need to worry about Satan which is the Europa League because we are happy just where we are. It's a happy club :)

Quite frank I'm happy and pleased with how this club are being run, the sheets are balanced, we are getting rid of all the high salary players, we don't spend high transfer fees and rather save money for worse times, we don't need to worry about Satan which is the Europa League because we are happy just where we are. It's a happy club :)

Pissed again.

Pathetic really when his only ambition for this season would be to finish above them.

Has he said that?

I genuinely think people are being too harsh on Pardew.

We're 8th and I think the overwhelming majority of Newcastle fans would have been happy with that at the beginning of the season.

Pardew didn't sell Cabaye, Ashley did

Pardew didn't fail to replace him, that was Ashley

Pardew didn't fail to invest in the club in the summer, that was Ashley

We've had some good results, some historic results and we've had some stinkers.

Is he brilliant? Of course not, but when you look at the whole board the decisions that have fucked us haven't been made by him, they've been made by Ashley.

Under Ashley, Pardew is the calibre of manager we can expect. He's not the risky young manager that's showing promise, he's not the established foreign manager who's got a string of trophies from a smaller league.

Has he said that?

I genuinely think people are being too harsh on Pardew.

We're 8th and I think the overwhelming majority of Newcastle fans would have been happy with that at the beginning of the season.

Pardew didn't sell Cabaye, Ashley did

Pardew didn't fail to replace him, that was Ashley

Pardew didn't fail to invest in the club in the summer, that was Ashley

We've had some good results, some historic results and we've had some stinkers.

Is he brilliant? Of course not, but when you look at the whole board the decisions that have fucked us haven't been made by him, they've been made by Ashley.

Under Ashley, Pardew is the calibre of manager we can expect. He's not the risky young manager that's showing promise, he's not the established foreign manager who's got a string of trophies from a smaller league.

We're on a very bad run though: LLWDLL

Could be an underwhelming end to the season.

We're on a very bad run though: LLWDLL

Could be an underwhelming end to the season.

We are and it will be, no doubt about it. I am in no way saying that Pardew is a great manager, or even a very good manager. What he is, is a decent manager that will probably steer Ashley's Newcastle United to a top 10 finish enough to satisfy Mike Ashley.

In a lot of people's eyes he makes odd selection choices, odd substitutions, odd tactical decisions. However he gets it right enough to get a side that suffers more off-field problems than most, into the top half of the table. It's hard to judge him given the number of issues he faces.

and those 6 absentees may not have had such a dramatic effect on our form if there had been depth in our squad, depth that our owner feels we can achieve his goals without.

Off the top of my head we could have signed:

Aubameyang

Gomis

Cabella

Grenier

Douglas

If Ashley wanted to get the best out of Pardew he could easily have funded (some of) these. Now, I'm not saying Pardew would have got the best out of them, but at least we may not have had to have been playing Santon at defensive midfield