Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is just my opinion which some may think is horseshit, but here goes nowt. For me, Pardew is responsible for the dissemination of "mediocrity is okay" and the destruction of expectations. He destroyed the spirit of the club, it's hardened many supporters, some of whom were pushed over the edge so much they've either jacked their season tickets and don't go to games anymore, and at most, lost all interest in the club at all. Psychologically what he has done has ruined a generation of supporters, (especially mine, the amount of people I know who claim to be either Manchester United or City fans is ridiculous) and he has created an ethos of "that'll do" throughout the club. Now I'm not saying he is solely responsible for the numerous situations the club and supporters have found themselves in over the 4 years he was here and the 2 since he's left, but he was the chief facilitator and I think he will be, imo, rightly reviled for his part in the ruination of the once proud club I love.

This is still one of the best things I've ever read on here. Totally hit the nail on the head.

Pardew is lucky because he is at a pretty unique club where the chairman Steve Parish is sensible - he understands football, can see what is happening and knows he has got a good manager.

It is rare these days to see a calm chairman, not somebody who will lose his head and think it is sacking season.

But Pardew is obviously highly thought of at Palace and is at a club where he will get time.

Poor bastard never got a chance at Newcastle and was sacked at the first sign of trouble.

This is still one of the best things I've ever read on here. Totally hit the nail on the head.

Makes you think he actually could do a job for England based on that. Given that the FA seem to be attempting to moderate expectations and broadly kill any sentimental attachment people have to the team, Pardew would be a perfect fit.

Hi guys, I'm a Saints supporter, just thought I'd chip in if you don't mind.

Before getting on to Pardew, it's really harsh on Hughton to go like this. There are so many overrated managers around, he was clearly an underrated one, and I could see you stabilising in the premiership and building slowly under him.

We tend to get through managers because we have rubbish ones, rather than sacking decent ones! Which brings us to Pardew. A lot of media seemed shocked he was sacked by Saints. He certainly went on, and continues to go on, about his 'success' here and winning the JPT. But that wasn't a priority, it was a good laugh, but promotion was key. Don't be fooled by the 10 point deduction. We had a very good squad for this level and a huge amount of money by comparison with other teams. Effectively a league 1 allstars. Yet we never got into the playoffs, not once. He couldn't find consistency, because he NEVER had a plan B. We had some very good footballers but he opted for a long ball to Lambert system, which will become long ball to Carroll. He wasn't the worst manager we've had, but he did seem to think he was far better than he is, and I wasn't confident of going anywhere under him.

For some reason we barely had a pre-season, he didn't seem interested, didn't strengthen in obvious areas and we had a very poor start. It took us a while to recover despite having a very good squad, but only under Adkins has a turnaround begun. The odd decision with the sacking was the timing, as there were rumours of him going at the end of last season, and that's when it should have happened. No-one is missing him now, that's for sure.

This is the man that didn't play Tevez and Mascherano, preferring Zamora and Mullins. Although Curbishley was initially just as stupid. I think he'll struggle to gain respect to be honest. Some players seem to like him, but he falls out with a fair few too. You won't hear much about the exact details of how he left Saints, but a 'training ground incident' was involved.

Anyway, good luck. Not sure what to advise, it's horrible when appointing a manager you'll struggle to support, especially when you know the owner is messing it up. It's as if he'd accidentally starting to do an OK job by shutting up, letting a decent young manager get the club back up and get used to the Premier league again, but such chairman never change.

Still, if it's any consolation, Pardew never stays long. Just don't expect to win 2 games in a row, ever.

Should have just forwarded this to the Palace fans.

One of the things about the shit level of journalism is exactly this - we're seen as the exceptions who demand too much when it would take two minutes to find out that he's done the same everywhere and the fans of every club he's been at see him for what he is.

I see Phil Neville has come out defending Pardew with exactly the same lack of evidence the pundits defended him with when he was with us. He has said this is down to the players and that he feels sorry for Pardew as he's getting everything right, bit weird considering when the team was doing well Pardew was brilliant, it was all down to him, he deserved the England job or a top job, and NUFC were mugs. Neville has also said Palace don't struggle to score goals, I imagine he is only using the fact they scored 4 against Swansea as his evidence as the stat HF posted above has them scoring 46 in 38 which isn't exactly free scoring.

Here's his ramblings if anyone fancies seeing what Palace fans will be going mental over today:
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38081864

Edited by Howay

Just a classic example of a pundit watching the highlights of one match and going on a haughty, self-important ramble disguised as a narrative. Phil Neville is actually one of the worst pundits I've seen.

When I heard him dribble it on MOTD I was relieved when Murphy started to argue, but disappointed when he didn't have time to pull it apart. 

Neville said something like "I feel sorry for Alan, he's worked with the players all week then they let him down". Murphy started to counter that and was surely going on to say that it's Pardew that's working with the players all week and they still can't defend set-pieces. Times like that I wish Match of the Day wasn't so hamstrung by the brevity needed for each game.

A lot of his defence of Pardew seems not to be based on any sort of facts at all.   He says he'll be doing this and that in training but he has no idea.  He's just guessing.

The stats do actually suggest that they don't have many problems getting goals this season mind.  Even if you took this weekends goals off there's still only 6 or 7 teams that have scored more than them.  To me that just suggests the same problems that we thought he had here.  He just relies on his attacking players doing their thing and he's actually shit at setting up and motivating a team.  It comes as no surprise to me that he can't set up a team to do well at set pieces.  With us it was just we were shit at attacking them rather than defending.

CyX19MnWIAAHXI8.jpg

Is this quote real?

He's a petty little man and I think he knows he's a shit manager. NUFC fans were pretty quick to see through it and call him out on it, obviously that was in part due to the fact he came in to dislike and suspicion due to the dodgy sacking of Hughton whereas usually a manager comes in on the back of someone else doing a crap job. He can never resist having pops at NUFC but the fact is NUFC will be the biggest club he'll ever manage, a tin pot, trampy, no mark club like Crystal Palace suits him to the ground with their shitty lower league quality stadium and facilities and irrelevant fan base. Genuinely hope he is there for years to come, preferably staying on after he relegates them.

He's a petty little man and I think he knows he's a shit manager. NUFC fans were pretty quick to see through it and call him out on it, obviously that was in part due to the fact he came in to dislike and suspicion due to the dodgy sacking of Hughton whereas usually a manager comes in on the back of someone else doing a crap job. He can never resist having pops at NUFC but the fact is NUFC will be the biggest club he'll ever manage, a tin pot, trampy, no mark club like Crystal Palace suits him to the ground with their shitty lower league quality stadium and facilities and irrelevant fan base. Genuinely hope he is there for years to come, preferably staying on after he relegates them.

I've no real problem with Palace. I understand why they wanted to lord it over us when Pardew was on his upswing, but they're fairly contrite and reasonable now.

I hope Pardew stays in the Premier League for at least one more season so Benitez can be magnanimous in the foreground as the fans and players lose their shit behind him to celebrate putting double figures past the unbearable prick.

There were lurches in form at Newcastle but nothing this terminal, and nothing Pardew could not explain with a litany of excuses and a smirk which suggested that you, I and everybody else knew that the real problem at Newcastle was Mike Ashley, the lightning rod that protected Pardew from any real media criticism. Without that lightning rod, Pardew is sat under a south London tree holding a metal umbrella.

http://www.football365.com/news/will-pardews-career-recover-from-palace

Whole thing is worth a read.

The one thing I don't get is how he manages to lurch from outstanding to atrocious. I can't comment on what's happened at Palace, but you think to the year we finished 5th. The start of that season we were really solid defensively, the end of that season saw some lovely counter-attacking football. But in between there were some absolute stinkers - Fulham away, Wigan away etc. What I would say, though, is that the good defensive work that season had to be down to him and his coaching staff.

Thereafter it was more or less all downhill, but he would pull out those flukey runs. How did that happen? The November / December runs in his last two seasons were quite extraordinary. Then you had the first half of 2014 which was just dreadful. I also think he was helped out by us appointing two managers who were both even worse than him.

Last question, though: would we have gone down if he'd stayed? Presuming he'd had the same players to work with as McClaren (which is quite likely).

Someone had an interesting theory a while back that he has a scale that goes from attacking to defensive and he's constantly moving along it. When he hits the sweet spot he goes on one of his winning runs and then veers off too far to one of the other ends of the scale and ends up on a shit streak.

I've no real problem with Palace. I understand why they wanted to lord it over us when Pardew was on his upswing, but they're fairly contrite and reasonable now.

I hope Pardew stays in the Premier League for at least one more season so Benitez can be magnanimous in the foreground as the fans and players lose their shit behind him to celebrate putting double figures past the unbearable prick.

Nah I've no time for them, especially after their "Newcastle fans wouldn't know a proper manager if he...." sort of shite (much like the Spurs twats with Sissoko btw) they were completely fucking wrong, we were spot on so ner ner ner ner nerrr nerr. I don't understand their desire to lord it over us tbh, it's small time, I mean that is what they are but it's mackem type behavior really and it's pathetic. They're happy enough to moan about him but they're doing it without any sense of how ridiculous they look after they slagged us to bits for giving him shite.

It's a tough one for me, I'd love to see Rafa take us to slumhurst park and give that shambles of a side a good kicking but I also like the idea of Pardew being out of footy.

Edited by Howay