Times Up Big Mike

loonyTOON

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way back from this if is he has someone lined up with a promise of cash in January. I couldnt disagree with this decision more but if he has lined up spending, then you can forgive him for saying he wants to give money to someone he has more faith in. How laughably unlikely is that though.

If he appoints Pardew or someone of his ilk and it starts to fail, it wont be a shit storm, it will be a horizontal blizzard.

The only way back from this if is he has someone lined up with a promise of cash in January. I couldnt disagree with this decision more but if he has lined up spending, then you can forgive him for saying he wants to give money to someone he has more faith in. How laughably unlikely is that though.

If he appoints Pardew or someone of his ilk and it starts to fail, it wont be a shit storm, it will be a horizontal blizzard.

Aye, in a nutshell.

And whichever it turns out to be, it's entirely without prejudice to the views expressed about the manner of the Hughton dismissal. He's done nothing but benefit the club in spite of his employers ways and has been treat shabbily for his efforts (and over a long period it seems)

Hmm, that scenario is soooo 2008 tbh.

Assuming, as is most likely, that he's not about to bring anyone decent in, will people be renewing next year? I'm out if this one cos I didn't renew a couple of seasons ago. Just wondering if people that have renewed in his time so far are planning to vote with their feet.

One man's boycoutt is another man's apathy :icon_lol:

Wasn't just a dig at you tbh, it's just in general people who say you shouldn't go are the same ones who don't have a season ticket in the first place. I also think Ashley is stubborn enough to hold out long enough for it to be disastrous for the club. Meanwhile the team and the fans suffer.

The trouble is, while people are still filling the stadium, he's going to carry on acting like he has done.

I realise you'll never get people not to go though but I do think it's one of the only things that would have an impact.

The stupidest part is he'd managed to win over at least half the people again IMO. He's clearly a just fucking nob though and it's thoroughly depressing to see it all implode again. I thought it was somebody elses turn to be the joke club but nope, seems like it's still us. :ithankyou:

Isn't Beardsley the one who gets you your info via your Dad btw? It'd be very interesting to know what caused all this.

I know Graham Carr (Alan's Dad) was responsible for getting Tiote and Ben Arfa in. More as I get it.... :D

You've lost me there I'm afraid.... :blush:

I know Alan Carr's dad used to be a manager but I'm not getting the connection....!

He's Chief Scout at the Toon now. He's also my Grandma's cousin, although that isn't as relevent. It's the last bit of ITK stuff I heard.

Got ya. :D

Is that right about him finding Tiote and Ben Arfa? Fuck me! :D

Apparently aye. Apparently he has good contacts all over the continent as he's done a canny bit of scouting over the years (for Spurs amongst others iirc).

Doing a good job on the cheap eh? Next in line for the chop then I reckon.

One man's boycoutt is another man's apathy :icon_lol:

Wasn't just a dig at you tbh, it's just in general people who say you shouldn't go are the same ones who don't have a season ticket in the first place. I also think Ashley is stubborn enough to hold out long enough for it to be disastrous for the club. Meanwhile the team and the fans suffer.

The trouble is, while people are still filling the stadium, he's going to carry on acting like he has done.

I realise you'll never get people not to go though but I do think it's one of the only things that would have an impact.

The stupidest part is he'd managed to win over at least half the people again IMO. He's clearly a just fucking nob though and it's thoroughly depressing to see it all implode again. I thought it was somebody elses turn to be the joke club but nope, seems like it's still us. :blush:

Isn't Beardsley the one who gets you your info via your Dad btw? It'd be very interesting to know what caused all this.

I know Graham Carr (Alan's Dad) was responsible for getting Tiote and Ben Arfa in. More as I get it.... :D

You've lost me there I'm afraid.... :ithankyou:

I know Alan Carr's dad used to be a manager but I'm not getting the connection....!

He's Chief Scout at the Toon now. He's also my Grandma's cousin, although that isn't as relevent. It's the last bit of ITK stuff I heard.

Got ya. :D

Is that right about him finding Tiote and Ben Arfa? Fuck me! :ithankyou:

Apparently aye. Apparently he has good contacts all over the continent as he's done a canny bit of scouting over the years (for Spurs amongst others iirc).

Doing a good job on the cheap eh? Next in line for the chop then I reckon.

Probably off to a bigger club :D

best protest is a full ground directing a visual / vocal tirade at fatty (not me) even if he is not there is will be covered by press who are very anti him at the mo.

red cards? all in black, turn back on pitch, slow hand clap all game, etc etc

Assuming, as is most likely, that he's not about to bring anyone decent in, will people be renewing next year? I'm out if this one cos I didn't renew a couple of seasons ago. Just wondering if people that have renewed in his time so far are planning to vote with their feet.

If it's an 'organised protest' in doing so, then i definately will and i hope it hits Ashley where it hurts, but we still have over half of the season to go, and if the last time is anything to go by then it'll all be forgotten by end of the season, unless... Pardew or someone is appointed, we sell Carroll, and we go down, then i think shit will definately hit the fan.

best protest is a full ground directing a visual / vocal tirade at fatty (not me) even if he is not there is will be covered by press who are very anti him at the mo.

red cards? all in black, turn back on pitch, slow hand clap all game, etc etc

Honeslty think the best protest is a sustained boycott, with protests outside the ground through-out the match. If you already have Liverpool tickets, demonstrate before the game, abuse him relentlessley during, demonstrate again after, and dont go back inside again this season.

I'd like to see a total boycoutt if I'm honest, but that's easy for me to say sitting in NZ. It's up to the people with tickets to decide whether and how they want to protest, but the only thing that will get public attention is a massive amount of empty seats. Mind you, it might fettle Stevie's attendance statistics when he's arguing with Spurs fans......

Has a call for a boycott ever worked?

I'm not bagging it, as I think it might be the only real response that'll get Ashley's attention.

But has a call for a boycott ever eventuated in a significantly reduced crowd number?

Just curious, that's all.

I'm not bagging it, as I think it might be the only real response that'll get Ashley's attention.

But has a call for a boycott ever eventuated in a significantly reduced crowd number?

I would have said no however at end of the infamous Llambias meets NUST meeting he virtually begged them to stop our boycott even though by that stage we were fairly resigned to the fact that most people were back to buying a pie n pint at half time.

Our club [under this man's ownership] equals Lilywhites Mach 2.

Cheap & tacky operator hiding behind the repute of a boutique establishement/address, with the tradition/class to match it's high customer flow. But ultimately floods the establisment with inferior/cheap stock, damaging the brand and the foundation built by it's previous & immediate custodians.

Whelan has been spot on in everything previously said about this bloke ie. stripping a proud club [or 'institution' for better words, or a case of editorial inferrence on my part] of it's dignity.

Edited by Year Zero

I would have said no however at end of the infamous Llambias meets NUST meeting he virtually begged them to stop our boycott even though by that stage we were fairly resigned to the fact that most people were back to buying a pie n pint at half time.

This is like the post KK dismal situation all over again. Supporters are united in their anger but lack the leadership to mount an effective demonstration. Only this time there isn’t the option to wrongly blame the ex-manager’s temperament. If ever there was time for NUST to stop playing it safe and try to organise something like a half time walk out on live TV, this is it. It might not see him sell up this week but it would draw huge attention to what he’s doing, see his tenure subjected to some serious media scrutiny, put him under real pressure. It would also show the watching world NUFC supporters aren’t a bunch thick northerners who are too stupid to realise when they are having the piss taken out of them.

NUSC’s resolve to stand up and be counted crumbled in the wake of a few politically correct gimps getting a strop on about using the word cockney. Two years on playing it safe has proved to be the wrong decision. Ashley hasn’t learnt from his mistakes, the question is have we?

Edited by Problem Child

This is like the post KK dismal situation all over again. Supporters are united in their anger but lack the leadership to mount an effective demonstration. Only this time there isn’t the option to wrongly blame the ex-manager’s temperament. If ever there was time for NUST to stop playing it safe and try to organise something like a half time walk out on live TV, this is it. It might not see him sell up this week but it would draw huge attention to what he’s doing, see his tenure subjected to some serious media scrutiny, put him under real pressure. It would also show the watching world NUFC supporters aren’t a bunch thick northerners who are too stupid to realise when they are having the piss taken out of them.

NUSC’s resolve to stand up and be counted crumbled in the wake of a few politically correct gimps getting a strop on about using the word cockney. Two years on playing it safe has proved to be the wrong decision. Ashley hasn’t learnt from his mistakes, the question is have we?

Nothing will get the current board of NUST to organise protests or even come out and explain why they wont. The argument will always be that they are not a protest group but an organisation that seeks to obtain fans representation on the board. They will also attempt to state that as a Trust they cannot protest. Thats untrue, Supporters Direct said that the group should not be a protest group but protesting if required was part and parcel of being an organisation of this type.

It could well be that the members overall dont see a need to protest, it could be that the majority want to see what happens next, trouble is we'll never know because NUST will never ask. At best they'll start a petition which they have no intention of actually doing anything with other than collect more email addresses and point out how they are moving closer to buying the club.

The Man United Trust have it sorted, they organise effective and media savvy protests involving their members which get their message across.

Nothing will get the current board of NUST to organise protests or even come out and explain why they wont. The argument will always be that they are not a protest group but an organisation that seeks to obtain fans representation on the board. They will also attempt to state that as a Trust they cannot protest. Thats untrue, Supporters Direct said that the group should not be a protest group but protesting if required was part and parcel of being an organisation of this type.

It could well be that the members overall dont see a need to protest, it could be that the majority want to see what happens next, trouble is we'll never know because NUST will never ask. At best they'll start a petition which they have no intention of actually doing anything with other than collect more email addresses and point out how they are moving closer to buying the club.

The Man United Trust have it sorted, they organise effective and media savvy protests involving their members which get their message across.

Surely buying the club is nothing more than a pipe dream? I can't see how anybody could take that seriously now.

Other than a total boycott, nowt will shift Ashley.

We know from last time a total boycott is a non starter.

Since it appears Pardew is a done deal, any protest now is purely a case of registering our disapproval, and therefore needs impact.

A walkout, not at half time, but during play on a televised match, seems to me to be our best option.

At a prearranged signal, simply get up and walk.

Even if only a third of the ground did it, it would be picked up on and noticed.

He'd also feel it in his pocket, as half time sales would be down.

A flyer handed out the previous game would be enough to get word around.

Thoughts?

Since it appears Pardew is a done deal, any protest now is purely a case of registering our disapproval, and therefore needs impact.

A walkout, not at half time, but during play on a televised match, seems to me to be our best option.

Even if only a third of the ground did it, it would be picked up on and noticed.

Thoughts?

I think asking people to walk out during play would be like asking the average bloke to pull out during sex :drinks:

Thoughts?

I think asking people to walk out during play would be like asking the average bloke to pull out during sex :drinks:

The supporters trust can't organise and unify, so my thoughts are this is a pipe dream. There's only one hope; now the books are balanced it may be a more attractive proposition to a foreign consortium. Fat chance of even that!

Thoughts?

I think asking people to walk out during play would be like asking the average bloke to pull out during sex :D

What percentage of our support is Catholic? :drinks:

I see your point, just chucking ideas out there.

The frustration of knowing there's fuck all we can do is as bad as the actual sacking.