Peter Beardsley

Jusoda Kid

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame he seems to be pro-Ashley, but I'm not exactly aware of who he's supposed to have stabbed in the back? I've never met the bloke but know a few who have and nobody has mentioned any huge ego or anything. And let us not forget just how good a player he was, I'm sorry, but calling him a hunchback is a fucking disgrace unless he's personally butchered KK and Hughton, skinned them and is using said skin as curtains, lampshades and other various household textiles whilst their corpes remain hidden under his floorboards in an unmourned grave........(takes breath).......failing that though, lets leave the fucka alone to get on with it until fat boys new man comes in, besides, what was he supposed to do? He's employed by the club still, I'm guessing he's happy to be at NUFC, he's asked to take over for one or two games, what's he supposed to fucking say apart from 'ok, then, I'll do it'?

:drinks:

So it's 'let's all turn on Beardsley' now? Looking for a new hate figure or something? Fuck off.

The short memories of some people, man...

Played with him mate, and he is a total cock. Dislike him much. Wish was playing against him so could of kicked the fuck out of him.

He's never played for a foreign team so I don't believe you.

went to canada didnt he?

Shit, aye. I knew he played for Vancouver anarl. It was meant to be a tongue-in-cheek reference to loonyToon's pidgin English tbh.

I assumed that was the point you were making like but I thought it was a funny way of making it. :drinks:

Yeah, undone by my own stupidity tbh.

He's been told he's only taking training and there'll be a new manager in situ by Thursday or Friday. I don't like the way he's been pro-Ashley but he's basically helping out for a couple of days when there's no one else to do the job. Nothing wrong with that.

This.

The hammering he's getting from some quarters is, quite frankly disgraceful. His apparent support of Ashley might not be to our liking - me definitely included, but it doesn't negate the years of loyal service and truly magical moments he's given us over the years.

Hang your heads in shame man...

So it's 'let's all turn on Beardsley' now? Looking for a new hate figure or something? Fuck off.

Played with him mate, and he is a total cock. Dislike him much. Wish was playing against him so could of kicked the fuck out of him.

went to canada didnt he?

Shit, aye. I knew he played for Vancouver anarl. It was meant to be a tongue-in-cheek reference to loonyToon's pidgin English tbh.

I assumed that was the point you were making like but I thought it was a funny way of making it. :drinks:

Zany

went to canada didnt he?

Zany

HOw many days have you been hiding in the bushes for that counterstrike? :D

went to canada didnt he?

Zany

Pipe down, Colin Hunt.

Regardless of anything to do with Beardo, Mike Ashley is the main problem at Newcastle United. I'm not about to turn on anyone else at the club other than the sole reason of all the bad feeling and that is Mike Ashley, even Llambias (odious little turd that he is) can't be blamed for taking the position offered to him by Mike Ashley. Get rid of Ashley and the problem ceases to be.

If the hunchback little fucka had one ounce of decency in his body he should have refused to take the job, claiming he wasn't up to it, ask somebody else.

But no, he's licked Ashleys arse for 3 long years now and is hoping he's going to get his rewards, great player but by all accounts a true cunt of a bloke.

Him and Gillian Mckeith have more in common that the hump I reckon, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

'The hunchback little fucka'.

Now now, let's not sit on the fence.

That's embarrassing to say that, mate. He obvious wishes to excel his career and loves Newcastle United. He's still at the club in spite of Mike Ashley, not for Mike Ashley. Chris Hughton was seen as an 'Ashley Puppet' initially, and in some quarters until the end, but he left with dignity and his pride in tact. There's been people I don't like a great deal at graft on all levels but it's my job so I get over it, brush it aside, find a way through and crack on. I say this is what both Hughton and Pedro have done.

He's a long servant of our club, a mainstay alliance since I can remember. I fuckin' love him, but that's not the point, the point is, it's his job. Sooo, does he say 'no' to Ashley, get sacked inevitably, and been out of work or does he say 'ok' I'll take training until a permenant manager is in and then still have a chance to progress his career in coaching at the club he loves.

Please, never allow SSN to interview you, mate.

If the hunchback little fucka had one ounce of decency in his body he should have refused to take the job, claiming he wasn't up to it, ask somebody else.

But no, he's licked Ashleys arse for 3 long years now and is hoping he's going to get his rewards, great player but by all accounts a true cunt of a bloke.

Him and Gillian Mckeith have more in common that the hump I reckon, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

'The hunchback little fucka'.

Now now, let's not sit on the fence.

That's embarrassing to say that, mate. He obvious wishes to excel his career and loves Newcastle United. He's still at the club in spite of Mike Ashley, not for Mike Ashley. Chris Hughton was seen as an 'Ashley Puppet' initially, and in some quarters until the end, but he left with dignity and his pride in tact. There's been people I don't like a great deal at graft on all levels but it's my job so I get over it, brush it aside, find a way through and crack on. I say this is what both Hughton and Pedro have done.

He's a long servant of our club, a mainstay alliance since I can remember. I fuckin' love him, but that's not the point, the point is, it's his job. Sooo, does he say 'no' to Ashley, get sacked inevitably, and been out of work or does he say 'ok' I'll take training until a permenant manager is in and then still have a chance to progress his career in coaching at the club he loves.

Please, never allow SSN to interview you, mate.

You'd only see the top of his head. Little stumpy hands keep reaching up to pull the mic down.

:D

Fackin hell, been a right old tear up here.

Tbh I was half taking the piss to relieve the boredom of the hughton carry on.

For the record I do think he's a sneak and from what I've heard from two decent sources he's a prick to boot.

I will take the hunchback comment back though, that was thrown in to give the post some punch and make it believable.

Carry on chaps :drinks:

What's the exact nature of his extra-curricular bum attention?

“I don’t have any allegiance to Mike, but on the conversations I’ve had with him and Dennis, I know they want it to be a top-six club for a long time to come, not just for now. To be there for the next ten to 15 years.”

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...mp;#entry593415

"He didn't come here to fail and he has put a lot of money into the club, so credit to him,"

"Unfortunately, it hasn't worked out but I'm a little bit disappointed he has to walk away.

"His heart was in the right place. Maybe he didn't always show it in the right way but I think he really cared about Newcastle."

"Ashley is trying to do the right thing,"

"He's always tried to do the right thing, but it's hard, because Newcastle is Newcastle and unless you're used to that part of the world it does take a bit of getting used to.

"I feel a sorry for him. But he'll sort it out and hopefully everybody will be happy with the conclusion."

"We have a passion that probably isn't equalled anywhere," he said.

"If you look at the lack of success - and that's not Mike's fault - the support is unbelievable. They've been there through thin and thin.

"I don't think the fans are the problem - they care. They used their power and Mike has decided to walk away. But I think that's a shame, I really do."

"Ashley might be at the club a while yet,"

"And if he is he should be allowed to watch the games. It's his club and he has spent a huge amount trying to make us a force, first by clearing debts and then for transfers.

"It might not even be too later for Mike. If he brings success as an owner the fans could still forgive him. Geordies are like that."

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...mp;#entry525146

“I don’t have any allegiance to Mike, but on the conversations I’ve had with him and Dennis, I know they want it to be a top-six club for a long time to come, not just for now. To be there for the next ten to 15 years.”

"He didn't come here to fail and he has put a lot of money into the club, so credit to him,"

"Unfortunately, it hasn't worked out but I'm a little bit disappointed he has to walk away.

"His heart was in the right place. Maybe he didn't always show it in the right way but I think he really cared about Newcastle."

"He's always tried to do the right thing, but it's hard, because Newcastle is Newcastle and unless you're used to that part of the world it does take a bit of getting used to.

"I feel a sorry for him. But he'll sort it out and hopefully everybody will be happy with the conclusion."

"If you look at the lack of success - and that's not Mike's fault - the support is unbelievable. They've been there through thin and thin.

"I don't think the fans are the problem - they care. They used their power and Mike has decided to walk away. But I think that's a shame, I really do."

"And if he is he should be allowed to watch the games. It's his club and he has spent a huge amount trying to make us a force, first by clearing debts and then for transfers.

"It might not even be too later for Mike. If he brings success as an owner the fans could still forgive him. Geordies are like that."

Cheers. That's a fair bit, not just the odd comment for the media/pr purposes. I'm not sure if Pedro is political enough to fully grasp the imapact of a lot of those on himself and the way that he is viewed.

Cheers. That's a fair bit, not just the odd comment for the media/pr purposes. I'm not sure if Pedro is political enough to fully grasp the imapact of a lot of those on himself and the way that he is viewed.

There's plenty my employer does that I don't agree with but wouldn't dream of doing so 'on the record'. Plus Beardsley has never been a boat-rocker - unlike Keegan who has always worn his heart on his sleeve and spoken his mind, Pedro has always done what he feels is politically correct.

He's employed by the club at present and given that he likely values his employment, it's not surprising he's not saying anything disparaging about the owner. The interesting time will be when he's no longer employed by Ashley but then I think Beardsley has too much integrity to start lobbing mud around.

FWIW, it's interesting to hear Shearer's comments today about the way things have been run. I don't remember him saying too much against the Ashley regime during the 8 games he was in charge.

That's just the polite face he puts on it for the papers too. I've seen him arguing the toss with fans, calling them fickle for questioning what Ashley's doing.

"Geordies are like that"

Thick as mince. Rated as being in my top 5 ever toon players but is frankly a mong.

Top 5?

I'd be interested in seeing the other 4.

in no specific order

Ferdinand

Shearer

Phillipe Albert

Ginola

it needs to be added as the only times i've seen live matches at st james were the jan 94- oct 99 seasons.... i can't advise on players i haven't seen regularly.

my comments about him may have been a little harsh. but i stand by the fact that he's clearly not mensa material. i also agree that if he is just helping out ( as has been stated before now), that that isn't harmful.

either way i'm unsure of his credentials as a coach.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Got talking to this bloke yesterday who used to work for the Toon Academy, and still remains good pals with Peter Kirkley. This bloke discovered Huntington for the toon and the crack is if you find a player who goes on to make his first team debut the club pay you £5,000. He was telling me Brian Clark from Walker Central got 5k for finding Shola, I said he should fuckin pay that back!

Anyway he was saying the crack within the club is Beardsley is the root of all the trouble on the coaching side, apparently he backstabbed Hughton, Ashley told Hughton that Beardsley would be his only option in terms of an assistant and Hughton basically said fuck off, and also said to Peter's face that he didn't like him. The bloke I was speaking to was genuine, and am sad to say I believe him.

He did a talk-in at Blaydon Cricket Club where he laid into Ashley and Lambias apparently. Lad at work plays for them and was saying yesterday. Confused.

Aye, that goes against what my mate heard at a Beardsley/Gaza talk in about 18 months ago. Beardsley was generally full of praise for what Ashley was doing. Even trotted out the "Keegan gave Ashley a list with Lampard, Henry etc etc ".

• 1 year later...

Just had a flick through I'll enjoy watching this cheers LTB. Must've been made about 1990 looking at the footage, it ends with him scoring that hattrick against Man Utd am sure that was 1990 or 91 at the latest.