Family fear for missing reveller

peasepud

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
The river, The Lort Burn, runs down Grey Street Stevie.

High Bridge St. Is named after the bridge which crossed it , before the river was culverted to build Grey Street.

The original bridge is still there, incorporated into the culvert.

Well how do you get to it? I want to see it.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High Bridge St. Is named after the bridge which crossed it , before the river was culverted to build Grey Street.

Im sure somebody posted a video and map about this about 18 months ago. A quick search might find it.

Im sure somebody posted a video and map about this about 18 months ago. A quick search might find it.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...771&hl=lort

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...771&hl=lort

I cant see nee video.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

There are a number of other documentary references to medieval road bridges in Tyne and Wear. In Newcastle itself, Barras Bridge (HER 300) carried the Great North Road across the Pandon Burn just north of the junction of Northumberland Street and Percy Street. Remains of the bridge arch, including at least two of the medieval ribs, and part of a later widening, survive in the Pandon sewer. The bridge is just south of the pedestrian crossing south of Claremont Road, about 10 feet below the existing road surface. It probably disappeared in 1835 when the dene was filled up. The remains of a small stone-arched bridge (HER 1501) over the Lort Burn survive in a sewer below High Bridge Street in central Newcastle. The earliest known documentary reference is 1334; by 1567 it had been re-named "Over Deene Brigge", from which “High Bridge” derives.

http://www.newcastle.gov.uk/core.nsf/a/msl_bridges

You'll have to get your waders on Stevie.

You might like this Stevie, it's a gallery of the Victoria Tunnel that runs under the city.

Clicky

That's amazing. I never knew that was there, at all. I've been to The Tanners and never noticed the entrance.

On the story, it's massively sad somebody so young being taken.

You might like this Stevie, it's a gallery of the Victoria Tunnel that runs under the city.

Clicky

That's amazing. I never knew that was there, at all. I've been to The Tanners and never noticed the entrance.

On the story, it's massively sad somebody so young being taken.

Entrance is down near the river rather than near the Tanners I think. Isn't it on the left before the Ouseburn if you're walking from the town towards The Tyne pub?

BBC reporting he was found on an embankment near High Level Bridge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-12061819

Always tragic, but this close to Christmas must be a particularly hard blow for his family.

Aye, awful news like. If he was beaten to death I hope they get the bastards.

Awful news like, so sad for the family. If he was assaulted I hope they catch the fuckers. Pure scum. Even if they were squabbling why do people think going this far is acceptable? Sickenin.

RIP. :D

This is a dreadful story, and there's another one on the go about some lass in Bristol who's gone missing. Anyway, I was in the car earlier, listening to the radio and a report came on about this missing lass in Bristol. And it just got...weird.

The lass on the radio announces that the police have searched the lass's house and have found her keys, her coat and her mobile phone, but there's no sign of the shopping that she was on CCTV leaving a supermarket with just before she went missing.

Then the copper in charge of the investigation comes on and goes "From CCTV, we know she bought a pizza at Tesco Express in Clifton Village. I believe she went back to her flat and that is because we found within the flat her coat, her mobile phone and her keys but what we have not found is any evidence of this pizza."

He then went on to say that the pizza is a vital clue and I swear he said "If anyone has seen this pizza, we urge you to contact us immediately." :D

I mean if I'm this lass's parents and the bloke in charge of the investigation is putting out an APB for a pizza, I'd be a bit fucking concerned.

EDIT! The full story on the BBC website reports "Det Ch Insp Gareth Bevan, from Avon and Somerset Police, said Ms Yeates bought a Tesco Finest tomato, mozzarella and basil pesto pizza on her way home but there was no trace of the pizza, the wrapping or the box in her flat." So that's the one you should be on the lookout for.

Edited by Gemmill

This is a dreadful story, and there's another one on the go about some lass in Bristol who's gone missing. Anyway, I was in the car earlier, listening to the radio and a report came on about this missing lass in Bristol. And it just got...weird.

The lass on the radio announces that the police have searched the lass's house and have found her keys, her coat and her mobile phone, but there's no sign of the shopping that she was on CCTV leaving a supermarket with just before she went missing.

Then the copper in charge of the investigation comes on and goes "From CCTV, we know she bought a pizza at Tesco Express in Clifton Village. I believe she went back to her flat and that is because we found within the flat her coat, her mobile phone and her keys but what we have not found is any evidence of this pizza."

He then went on to say that the pizza is a vital clue and I swear he said "If anyone has seen this pizza, we urge you to contact us immediately." :D

I mean if I'm this lass's parents and the bloke in charge of the investigation is putting out an APB for a pizza, I'd be a bit fucking concerned.

EDIT! The full story on the BBC website reports "Det Ch Insp Gareth Bevan, from Avon and Somerset Police, said Ms Yeates bought a Tesco Finest tomato, mozzarella and basil pesto pizza on her way home but there was no trace of the pizza, the wrapping or the box in her flat." So that's the one you should be on the lookout for.

theyve released a photofit of a suspect

Police photofit of suspect

theyve released a photofit of a suspect

Police photofit of suspect

:rolleyes:

It is scary what can happen when you get drunk as demonstrated by this story, yet most of us (KD aside :rolleyes: ) will have got at least fairly near to getting seriousy harmed or even killed through drinking. When I was in my second year of uni I went on a pub crawl, got hammered then eventually taken home. The next day I got up with a thermonuclear headache and went to the bathroom, feeling the taste of sick in my mouth, which was strange because I didn't remember vomitting. I went back in to my bedroom and just next to my pillow was a considerable amount of vom. I could easily have choked on that and never woken up again.

RIP btw, as has been said, it must be dreadful for his family.

Good job of throwing everyone off the scent, Mr "complete stranger" :D

I'm sure I read somewhere that her fiancee was away from the weekend and they had no contact between Friday and Sunday. That's just weird if true and Id be looking straight at him

Aye, its usually someone close rather than a complete stranger.

The copper was on BBC news tonight, holding up the suspect pizza!

As sad as the situation is, I had a giggle.

He was absolutely deadpan when he did it too!

Aye, deadpan, not feckin deep pan :rolleyes:

It is crazy how much they have gone on about the pizza.

I made a joke to the lass that it was probably someone from Tesco who kidnapped her all this free advertising they are now getting. I honestly want to try that pizza now because it sounds nice :rolleyes:

I didn't mention that on N-O though out of respect.

Seeing her parents was horrific though, normally people look upset in this scenario but these two looked completely torn to bits, the dad especially :lol: