Tottenham 2-0 Newcastle

The Fish

Intriguing one.

They've got no Defoe, Modric looked like he picked up a niggle. We'll be missing Nolan, but will that mean Pardew will stick with a 4-5-1 against a superior side? Or will he get at them and start Ranger who has twice impressed from the bench? What's more tiring? A great exertion against a superior negative side who're looking to hit you on the break, or playing with 10 men against an inferior side who're looking to hit you on the break?

-----------------------Krul

---Simpson Coloccini Taylor Enrique

---------------------- Tioté

----Routledge Barton Guthrie Jonas

----------------------Carroll

or

Routledge --------Barton-------- Jonas

---------------Ranger----Carroll

?

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Intriguing one.

They've got no Defoe, Modric looked like he picked up a niggle. We'll be missing Nolan, but will that mean Pardew will stick with a 4-5-1 against a superior side? Or will he get at them and start Ranger who has twice impressed from the bench? What's more tiring? A great exertion against a superior negative side who're looking to hit you on the break, or playing with 10 men against an inferior side who're looking to hit you on the break?

----Routledge Barton Guthrie Jonas

----------------------Carroll

or

Routledge --------Barton-------- Jonas

---------------Ranger----Carroll

?

Guthrie should never kick a ball again for this club. He'll be playing for Derby or Preston in 18 month.

It's a bank holiday? I think I'm missing something. I've had 6 days off work largely on the piss, so this is another John Anderson moment :lol:

Aye, with Xmas being on a Saturday the Xmas Day / Boxing Day Bank holidsay are today and tomorrow.

It's a bank holiday? I think I'm missing something. I've had 6 days off work largely on the piss, so this is another John Anderson moment :lol:

Aye, with Xmas being on a Saturday the Xmas Day / Boxing Day Bank holidsay are today and tomorrow.

The NHS will only pay you for working 2 of the 4 bank holidays :rolleyes:

Figure we're going to get tonked. I watched Spurs v Villa yesterday and they ran rings around Villa even with 10 men. That said, Villa had no presence in midfield and hopefully Tiote can get in there and disrupt their play.

Surely has to be Ranger/Carroll for me, if we play Guthrie it'll be like seeing how we do with 10 men.

we need to win against spurs although we played ok against man city we still lost we need those points and get above the mackem scum

700m.jpg

I believe you're looking for these.

Tough game today if they play anything like they did at Villa. They're pish at the back, but so dangerous on the counter we can't push on too much. If Pardew's got any knowledge he'll play Barton on the right to try and help out Simpson with Bales threat, 5 across the middle for me, with Tiote, Rout, Jonas, Guthrie. Rout more attacking just off AC.

I wouldn't play 2 up top today. Need to pack the midfield and nullify their width.

Prediction 1-1.

Cant really get a feel for this one. Usually optimistic as anything but dont feel like that today.

Hoping their absentees make up for our useless ghost on the left wing.

Think Pardew has little choice but to start with Barton in the middle and Ranger upfront.

3-2 to us