Newcastle United v. West Ham (St James' Park, Wednesday 5 January 2011 — 1945 kickoff)

dbsweeney

It was nowt really. It was near me and I thought Barton actually showed good attitude because he was (to my mind) having a go at players, including Nolan for switching off, i.e. basically saying it might be 5-0 but that's no excuse to stroll about. Or words to that effect :huff:

No big deal, anyway.

Aye, at each throats was a bit strong but Barton seemed to be going mad, mainly directed at Nolan, from my perspective. I don't mind a bit of passion but I get nervous when Barton gets steamed up like that. I think it was caused by frustration because after Ranger's miss the whole team switched off, and things got worse when Tiote went off.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure why Taylor gets bashed so much on here.

I bashed him cos i think he's a liability......and a brown nose.

He'd go flying off up the pitch looking to score goals and leave us woefully exposed at the back.....then point at some space and have a pop at other defenders when his positional play is his worst attribute....he's all about the last gasp lunge, never nipping things in the bud before they happen.

Then he'd hang around following the final whistle, milking applause and making sure to be the last man off the pitch EVERY week.

To be fair, Carroll seems to have knocked a bit of sense into him though....on both scores.

I'm not sure why Taylor gets bashed so much on here.

He'd go flying off up the pitch looking to score goals and leave us woefully exposed at the back.....then point at some space and have a pop at other defenders when his positional play is his worst attribute....he's all about the last gasp lunge, never nipping things in the bud before they happen.

Then he'd hang around following the final whistle, milking applause and making sure to be the last man off the pitch EVERY week.

To be fair, Carroll seems to have knocked a bit of sense into him though....on both scores.

Haha. The brown nosing does not bother me too much like people on here.

He had the opportunity to storm up the field a few times yesterday but let the midfielders take the ball. I dont suppose you were that bothered about Albert doing that? Anyway, surely its down to the manager to decide so you cant really blame him that much.

It seems more personal than ability.

He doesn't normally play like he did last night though HM. If he wants to make it he needs to be a physical CB allowing someone like Colo to pick up the bits. He did that last night and consistently beat Cole in the air and let him know he was in a battle. Too often he seems caught between two stools. He hasn't got the ability or the reading of the game to sweep but sometimes he falls into the trap of trying to do that.

On a side note Colo was class again last night. As far as my viewing goes he has only played badly once this season v Elmander. The rest of the time he has been a cut above.

Absolute quality. Gives us that ability (along with Enrique) to play the ball out from the back.

He doesn't normally play like he did last night though HM. If he wants to make it he needs to be a physical CB allowing someone like Colo to pick up the bits. He did that last night and consistently beat Cole in the air and let him know he was in a battle. Too often he seems caught between two stools. He hasn't got the ability or the reading of the game to sweep but sometimes he falls into the trap of trying to do that.

You guys obviously see a lot more of him (eg the full game rather than a stream/tv) than me but perversely that could sometimes be detrimental because you can fixate yourself with the weaker points of someones game. And you could do that with almost every player in the world. I mean, you could have a go at CRonaldo for lazy. In fact, the Real Madrid fans used to boo Fat Ronaldo as well when he had a poor season or 2.

Im not comparing their football abilities before someone starts !

On a side note Colo was class again last night. As far as my viewing goes he has only played badly once this season v Elmander. The rest of the time he has been a cut above.

Absolute quality. Gives us that ability (along with Enrique) to play the ball out from the back.

We play a lot better when that happens, as opposed to Taylor hoofing it upto the striker and inviting more pressure.

You guys obviously see a lot more of him (eg the full game rather than a stream/tv) than me but perversely that could sometimes be detrimental because you can fixate yourself with the weaker points of someones game. And you could do that with almost every player in the world. I mean, you could have a go at CRonaldo for lazy. In fact, the Real Madrid fans used to boo Fat Ronaldo as well when he had a poor season or 2.

Tbf I said he was excellent last night. I want him to play like that all the time but while I appreciate that's not possible, he should try and play that way all the time, i.e. stick to marking his man and winning headers etc., i.e. doing the ugly things well. I've seen him go missing quite often. Hopefully last night will have given him a confidence boost though and he will realise what his stregnths are.

Tbf I said he was excellent last night. I want him to play like that all the time but while I appreciate that's not possible, he should try and play that way all the time, i.e. stick to marking his man and winning headers etc., i.e. doing the ugly things well. I've seen him go missing quite often. Hopefully last night will have given him a confidence boost though and he will realise what his stregnths are.

Think the Willi/Collo partnership is the kick up the butt he needed.

This, in a nutshell. I prefer Williamson, thought he was great earlier in the season. Everton away stands out in my mind, absolutely immense, won everything in the air.

This, in a nutshell. I prefer Williamson, thought he was great earlier in the season. Everton away stands out in my mind, absolutely immense, won everything in the air.

He's a bit of a tart. If he mans up a bit he could be class. Williamson that is.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Steven Taylor was excellent last night btw.

He was canny but, Carlton Cole was AAAAAAAAAAAABSOLUTE SHITE though. It's one of lifes modern mysteries how Liverpool were quoted £20m for him recently. Best scored more goals in a 40 minutes spell last neet than he's scored al season.

He was canny but, Carlton Cole was AAAAAAAAAAAABSOLUTE SHITE though. It's one of lifes modern mysteries how Liverpool were quoted £20m for him recently. Best scored more goals in a 40 minutes spell last neet than he's scored al season.

In the back of my mind everything was tempered by the fact West Ham were shite full stop tbh. We still played very well for all that though.

In the back of my mind everything was tempered by the fact West Ham were shite full stop tbh. We still played very well for all that though.

You can only beat what's in front of you that much is true.

Can someone settle an argument for me. One of my friends was in Level 4 corner below us last neet. A kid he works with sits in Level 7 further back than me. Now I said to my mate after the match you hear those mugs singing Pardew wonderland? He said no which is fair enough, but if you were in Level 7 you definitely would've heard it. The kid he works with, is calling me a liar, he's a scruffy mug from Washington the kid with long hair, looks like summik off Wayne's World. Not that it needs confirming can someone say they heard this, I had no drink and no drugs I heard it. I'll get them to view this page if someone can confirm it.

Can someone settle an argument for me. One of my friends was in Level 4 corner below us last neet. A kid he works with sits in Level 7 further back than me. Now I said to my mate after the match you hear those mugs singing Pardew wonderland? He said no which is fair enough, but if you were in Level 7 you definitely would've heard it. The kid he works with, is calling me a liar, he's a scruffy mug from Washington the kid with long hair, looks like summik off Wayne's World. Not that it needs confirming can someone say they heard this, I had no drink and no drugs I heard it. I'll get them to view this page if someone can confirm it.

I never heard it if they did....and I'm in L7

100% I heard it. It was the younguns near the divide, although West Ham fans were miles away, it was still pretty loud. We even said what a bunch of mugs as they were singing it. I abused them two mins before because I thought they were singing Pardew give us a wave but it was Harper, then they sang it.

Show him the page anyway, so he knows he's a scruffy mug from Washington.

I will, he won't need showing the page to realise that though. I say Party Time Excelleeent every time I see the cunt.

What did the West Ham fans come in btw? Two cars?

600 of them apparently looked like two sections to me though. Not very vocal even at 0-0. Apparently David Gold got pushed over outside the the glass lifts according to the kid next to me.

I never heard it either and I'm up there, they mustn't have my manly shouting voice otherwise people in Gateshead High street would've heard it. :huff:

Btw, wtf is the name of that big 80s hit the DJ played at HT? The chorus Sounds a little bit like 'Dancing With Tears in Her Eyes' by Ultravox only it's more upbeat. I seem to remember the guy in the vid having a pair of ridiculous Elton John-type specs although that might be a complete red herring. Answers on a postcard please, it's been doing my napper in.