Newcastle United v. West Ham (St James' Park, Wednesday 5 January 2011 — 1945 kickoff)

dbsweeney

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting Hughton aside for a min. I think Pardew is doing fine. IMO he's deffo talked Best up for this game for one thing.

I can't really fault him too much so far, the proof will come at the end of the season.

Putting Hughton aside for a min. I think Pardew is doing fine. IMO he's deffo talked Best up for this game for one thing.

I can't really fault him too much so far, the proof will come at the end of the season.

Agreed.

Fantastic News Lads and Lasses

Pardew has come out after the game and said "100% Carroll is going nowhere".

"100% going nowhere in this transfer window" is the more accurate and less comforting quote

Where is this interview?

"100% going nowhere in this transfer window" is the more accurate and less comforting quote

Where is this interview?

Just what the journos are all tweeting from the after match press conference

Pardew has done well, but the fact that he has doesn't take anything away from Chris, nor does it justify the decision to get rid of him in the manner that they did.

On the Tiote injury it definitely looked precautionary, or at worst very minor - he seemed to be walking fine down the tunnel. Harper made a quality save in the closing part of the game, important for us to keep the clean sheet. Playing with 10 men for the last 10 minutes or so we were getting a little overrun because we were pushing quite high and Ranger was having a shocker.

For his horrible touches early on Lovenkrands responded well and his swag of 2 assists and a goal was justified. I still think that hanging around Carroll (or apparently Best) will be a good spot for him as he makes different runs and usually gets in pretty good positions.

Leon best, well what can you say, his touch look excellent from the start the only thing you can be a little upset about is the headed chance that he wasted. In the context of his game though, that is quickly forgotten. Important now that he starts for us in the FA Cup and plays well again. I'd be putting out just about our best side in the FA Cup, spare anyone with minor injury complaints.

Just en route hyem sat on the bus still buzzing after that. Owa the moon for Best getting and taking his chance tonight. I might even get my hair cut like his 'la bowl'. I don't think it's Pardew in particular, from what I've heard and read he's a good lad and a proper grafter. I think the term 'a man's man' was bandied about. Hopefully he'll make a player.

Not getting too excited, same as I never get too despondant when we lose.

Jose's fuckin' class. Even though Best grabbed the headlines, Joses still the one who catches my eye week in week out.

Get in.

Just en route hyem sat on the bus still buzzing after that. Owa the moon for Best getting and taking his chance tonight. I might even get my hair cut like his 'la bowl'. I don't think it's Pardew in particular, from what I've heard and read he's a good lad and a proper grafter. I think the term 'a man's man' was bandied about. Hopefully he'll make a player.

Not getting too excited, same as I never get too despondant when we lose.

Jose's fuckin' class. Even though Best grabbed the headlines, Joses still the one who catches my eye week in week out.

Get in.

Good shout and probably lost in everything else going on tonight be he looked totally on his game tonight, really up for it.

Enrique for Spain, surely.

I don't understand how Del Bosque not call Enrique for the national team...is the best left defender of Spain because Capdevila is old...

Is he highly rated in Spain? Is there even any talk at all in the media of him being called up?

Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear insists goalkeeper Shay Given will not be leaving St James' Park in January.

In recent weeks, Arsenal and Tottenham have both been linked with a transfer window move for the 32-year-old.

But Kinnear told The Journal: "He won't be leaving - he has no interest in that whatsoever. He loves the football club.

"He's part of the city and that suits us because he's a world-class goalkeeper. He's very happy here, he's very comfortable at Newcastle United."

Speculation surrounding Given's future increased after he produced a series of magnificent saves during the Magpies' 5-1 defeat by Liverpool on Sunday.

That performance led Kinnear to hail the Republic of Ireland international as the best goalkeeper in the Premier League.

"Shay's performance against Liverpool was brilliant and that got picked up on," added Kinnear.

"But ask the Geordie fans and I think they already knew how good he is. They know their football, so to be one of their favourites says it all about how good he is.

"He's the best goalkeeper in the Premier League by a mile."

Newcastle have some strength in the goalkeeping position, with Given's long-term deputy Steve Harper currently in discussions over a new contract.

However, Kinnear is determined to hold on to his best players, including England striker Michael Owen whose contract expires in the summer, as he attempts to steer the club away from the bottom half of the table

The next day Givens lawyer released a statement saying he wanted a move.

I'd love to know how much the Spanish watch of Jose. He's a far better left back than Crapdivila, who's knocking on abit. I've nee doubt he could slide into that spanish team and look comfortable. Strong, fast, clever and best of all, he's wors.

Cult hero if ever there was one. Can't speak highly enough of him.

All the lads done excellent tonight. Thought Barton and Tiote were first class again. We have actually got some really good footballers, as much as it may pain some to admit.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
I know BEST is shite but I'd like him to score tonight, a goal could bring him on you never know, he's still not much more than a kid. I'm going for Newcastle 1 West Ham 0 43,037

LEON LEOOOOOOON BEST LEON LEOOOOON BEST LEON LEOOOOOON BEST

Well we all went tonight thinking it was going to be a mundane load of pish. I enjoyed it more tonight than I did against Villa, it was fuckin mint. See Best, as I've proved numerous times I'm psychic as fuck and I am, and as the post above illustrates, I knew he was in for a good neet. Not only that backed him at 6/1 first score first half, and second half too :nufc::):) hard to believe but I said to the kids next to me I bet he gets a hattrick the neet and he was great, his first goal was a very considered finished, could've panicked, but he took it really well, the third was absolutely fantastic, proper strikers finish. Really loved up feeling around the ground tonight, I honestly loved that game tonight, we knew we had to support them, everyone was like 4fs when they seen Lovenkrands and Best on the sheet but that was mint.

I tell you what though you will live your whole life and not see a worse miss than Ranger's in front of the Gallowgate end, wait till yous see it :huff:

there's not enough :nufc: smileys to put up for how good a neet it was :nufc: :nufc: