Sunderland 1-1 Newcastle

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=556064

Going to bed about 5pm saturday afternoon after soccer saturday, sleeping till about 2am. Getting up get ready hitting spider with the lads at 3am till 6am. Then to Rileys for an hour and a half for a few games of pool. Hitting Jamesons for full english then priviledge for 9am. Stagger over to match about 11.30am!

Mine taxi from washington at half 8 in town for 8.45 find a boozer few pints walk over bout 11 laff at scum gettin of train on way over bridge burger at the scran van pint in ground then piss in seat 10 mins early and sing my hearts out for the lads

Big plans for what is no doubt their biggest match of the season.

Edited by Tecato

Not feeling much confidence towards this match, think they'll be really fired up for it while we'll be limited to using half the usual first team along with a bunch of unmotivated wasters (just can't see them proving me wrong).

Apparently there's a special Metro on at 11.09 that goes direct to St Peters without stopping. There's 2 direct trains back after the match.
Edited by Nobby

Should have locked him in a room with Smith when he was at his worst with the flu.

Having Enrique back makes a huge difference as he is confident in possession and is of course our best defender.

Should have locked him in a room with Smith when he was at his worst with the flu.

Having Enrique back makes a huge difference as he is confident in possession and is of course our best defender.

With Tiote's suspension having at least one ball-playing outlet [in the defensive 1/3] for Collocini should alleviate the long-ball issue seen at the weekend somewhat. It's crucial this week especially. Our most important player this weekend, along with Jonas providing that he shows up. Without his inclusion our central defensive pairing would be inviting constant pressure upon themselves this weekend, against a attacking outfield chomping at the bit for some derby day revenge.

Edited by Year Zero

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
I hate Alan Smith.

As it happens I only know four toon fans who don't and two of them are lasses. Please go. I hated Owen for lots of reasons, but the last player I was this desperate to leave the toon was Andy O'Brien but at least he seemed a good lad.

defeatist attitude on here during derby week is fucking bollocks.

I don't understand it when people say stuff like this. If you're actually making a conscious decision to appear optimistic, against your better judgement, it actually means you think we're not going to win but you're saying we will anyway. How does that work? Not saying that's what you are doing but it's the attitude you appear to be asking others to adopt.

I don't think Dogdoo will be able to motivate the players to the requisite degree as achieved by Hughton.

Without that passion, commitment and camaraderie we will be turned over. Hope I'm 'way off the mark'.

I don't understand it when people say stuff like this. If you're actually making a conscious decision to appear optimistic, against your better judgement, it actually means you think we're not going to win but you're saying we will anyway. How does that work? Not saying that's what you are doing but it's the attitude you appear to be asking others to adopt.

Definitely not a concious decision, but 99% of the time I expect that we will get a win. Maybe thats just being optimistic but I would rather that than be in Stevies position of going to my first ever away Derby at the SOL and expecting to get beat.

We have already beaten them 5-1 and both teams ,not just us, had a shitty fa cup. Both teams cant field their strongest team and their players and crowd will be nervous / aware of Octobers humiliation.

So how "a better judgement" suddenly turns the likely outcome into a an expected defeat is strange to me.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Definitely not a concious decision, but 99% of the time I expect that we will get a win. Maybe thats just being optimistic but I would rather that than be in Stevies position of going to my first ever away Derby at the SOL and expecting to get beat.

We have already beaten them 5-1 and both teams ,not just us, had a shitty fa cup. Both teams cant field their strongest team and their players and crowd will be nervous / aware of Octobers humiliation.

So how "a better judgement" suddenly turns the likely outcome into a an expected defeat is strange to me.

Do you think I want to be in that position you fuckin nob. If you read my posts before games 90% of the time I'm bubbly and optimistic, but I've been watching football too long to think it's going to be anything other than a very rough ride on Sunday. I said we'd score 5 or 6 in the last derby, but it's not happening on Sunday, I'll be ecstatic if we avoid defeat.

You've misunderstood my point.

Did I?

I thought I covered that by basically questioning how their "judgement" leads to a defeat given the points I raised.

I accept that if thats how they really feel they shouldnt just say the opposite. But they should may be consider whether their judgement is indeed good or whether its less based on judgement and more a pesamistic outlook.