Seb Larsson £1.5m bid Accepted - Apparently

Ugly Mackems

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not defending the transfer policy in general as we should be aiming higher than Larsson but he's probably asked for daft money off Brum, or he wouldn't be out of contract come the summer. So I'm not that arsed either way tbh but it's not a great sign for the current / coming transfer windows by any means.

Edited by alex

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Quite pleased we're not getting Larsson. We should put a cheeky one in for Alexis Sanchez imo, no one else wants him or he wouldnt still be at Udinese. I can't be the only one who can see this boy is world class, surely he'd want to come here rather than a shite Serie A club. If we got him for 6s, he'd be worth 20s within 18 month.

Not defending the transfer policy in general as we should be aiming higher than Larsson but he's probably asked for daft money off Brum, or he wouldn't be out of contract come the summer. So I'm not that arsed either way tbh but it's not a great sign for the current / coming transfer windows by any means.

Pretty much how I feel on this one.

Quite pleased we're not getting Larsson. We should put a cheeky one in for Alexis Sanchez imo, no one else wants him or he wouldnt still be at Udinese. I can't be the only one who can see this boy is world class, surely he'd want to come here rather than a shite Serie A club. If we got him for 6s, he'd be worth 20s within 18 month.

Never seen him. You watch much Italiano Footy Stevie? Where is it shown nowadays :lol:

ESPN. Not that I watch it very often. I keep forgetting I've got it tbh. I wish I'd forgotten on Saturday.

Edited by alex

Talking terms with Newcastle didn't seem a problem for the likes of routledge and perch. Unfortunately.

One report said Larsson was only on 10K a week at Birmingham so you have to wonder what he was after.

of course, 3rd rate players will find the wages attractive though.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Never seen him. You watch much Italiano Footy Stevie? Where is it shown nowadays :lol:

ESPN, I'll have a look on a Sunday night if I'm doing fuck all else and get a bet on, seen glimpses of him in the league. Where he really impressed me was the World Cup, CLEARLY he's not a player who would just be a flash in the pan in that tournament, like Beausejour is proving to be at Birmingham. He is fuckin amazing, it would be like having two Ben Arfa's only Sanchez can really comfortably play wide amazing player, and Kevin he plays for Udinese, why not? We're bigger than them surely.

Talking terms with Newcastle didn't seem a problem for the likes of routledge and perch. Unfortunately.

One report said Larsson was only on 10K a week at Birmingham so you have to wonder what he was after.

He was a great buy.

He was a great buy.

Wouldn't have got that under the shepards

Disappointing as he'd of provided quality service for the big man.

Let's be honest though...he was on 10k and wanted to at least double his wages coming here. We don't want that kinda ego in the dressing room. Clearly didn't want to be part of what we are doin here.

Let's just see if they can find someone better. Another unknown African with tilted commitment but with a bit of guile would be nice.

Both ourselves and the mackems have pulled out of the deal because of cash, so that suggests Young Mr Larsson is a little greedy. We might be averse to big wages on average players these days, but the mackems aren't.

I'm not too bothered that he's not going to be coming but it shows exactly the type of direction we're heading. I don't think we're in a position to be dictating strict wage caps for good players to come here. How much is Ben Arfa getting? Nolan? Taylor? Collo?

I expect Larsson classes himself as a proven premiership player and would want his worth in a squad of over earning underachievers.

Third rate players found the mega wages previously on offer very attractive, unfortunately for us, whilst signing the same calibre now, we're calling a spade a spade.