Tiote Red Card.

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Looking at it again Tiote got to the ball first and didn't go through their player, there was contact but it was as much initiated by their player as Tiote. I'm not saying their player fouled Tiote as the contact was incidental. Their player didn't have possession of the ball, and there was no chance of injury as Tiote feet were down before he got there.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a side note to all of this Tiote needs to learn to reign it in. We cant afford to have a player picking up 8 yellows and 1 red card by new year.

Definitely. You normally want players to find a higher gear at times, with Tiote it's the exact opposite with him needing to switch down gears on occasion.

If he's out we're beat imo. Especially with Carroll a doubt.

Smith against the mackems will be a nightmare.

Carroll just tweeted

AndyCarroll9

feeling confident I'll be okay for the Sunderland match.

Carroll just tweeted

AndyCarroll9

Yeah but that's not actually Andy Carroll is it?

Carroll just tweeted

AndyCarroll9

Yeah but that's not actually Andy Carroll is it?

naw that one is only added it the other day linked to his facebook account

How anyone can look at that challenge and say it isn't reckless/dangerous is beyond me btw. If it was Karl Henry you'd all be going mental.

Yup that's what i said as well, the moment he left the ground whatever happened after that was irrelevant got the ball/player/slid 30ft past him into the dugout wouldn't have mattered, was always going to be a card and most likely a red.

The camera work on the closeup is poor, but what is clear is that their player wasn't injured in the incident and was second man to the ball. Tiote didn't go through him to get to the ball so to the letter of the law it wasn't serious foul play. It obviously wasn't the denying of a goal scoring chance and so far as I could see he didn't spit at their player. Other than those the only other way of getting a straight red is violent conduct. Excessive force or brutality was not used against an opponent. A reckless tackle only garnishes a yellow card.

The camera work on the closeup is poor, but what is clear is that their player wasn't injured in the incident and was second man to the ball. Tiote didn't go through him to get to the ball so to the letter of the law it wasn't serious foul play. It obviously wasn't the denying of a goal scoring chance and so far as I could see he didn't spit at their player. Other than those the only other way of getting a straight red is violent conduct. Excessive force or brutality was not used against an opponent. A reckless tackle only garnishes a yellow card.

Well the letter of the law states a 'lunge' that is 'reckless' is a straight red card. That was both regardless of if he caught the player or not.

How anyone can look at that challenge and say it isn't reckless/dangerous is beyond me btw. If it was Karl Henry you'd all be going mental.

Henry did. and he got away with it.

And what was your opinion of Henry's challenge?

That they were cynical and multiple attempts to get Barton wound up and sent off. Made all the more worse by the MoTD lot pissing themselves over it.

Henry did. and he got away with it.

And what was your opinion of Henry's challenge?

That they were cynical and multiple attempts to get Barton wound up and sent off. Made all the more worse by the MoTD lot pissing themselves over it.

The point I'm making is that if Karl Henry made that challenge against Newcastle, we would all be demanding a red.