will carroll be fit for the derby?

Dr Gloom

a good policy too. the longer Sunderland are in the dark about whether Carroll will play or not the better. His presence in the game would drastically change Bruce's game plan.

Then perhaps he should not have been in Aspers at 2-30am tis morning telling anyone who'd listen that he's out.

Even if he's not going to play I'd stick him on the bench to play on their minds a little.

If he actually is out, that's a lot of responsibility on Shola and Kevin Nolan.

a good policy too. the longer Sunderland are in the dark about whether Carroll will play or not the better. His presence in the game would drastically change Bruce's game plan.

Then perhaps he should not have been in Aspers at 2-30am tis morning telling anyone who'd listen that he's out.

Yeah, cause that happened

Not exactly beyond the realms of possibility, is it?

Not exactly beyond the realms of possibility, is it?

Not in the slightest.

However, something about the last couple of weeks made me suspicious. It was when Pardew described the injury as being difficult to know how bad it was, i thought it didnt sound right. If there is a tear in the muscle, you see it, evaluate it and make a decision. Then he gets sent off to Dubai for a break which is a bit odd but takes him out the limelight anyway. I couldnt help but thinking Pardew wants him chomping at the bit for the mackems and used the slight injury as a way of sending him off to rest and return fired up. This does rely on the idea that he felt we could beat West Ham and Wigan without him (which we did obviously).

It was his comments on the injury and the way he talked about Best that set me off. Probably a load of shite.

Aye. Out it seems. Is a shame but Shola should be in. Mock if you like but he has a good record against them :) More of a concern is who will partner him? I can see him going with Best tbh. Gosling rumoured to be on the bench.

I have to think that sending someone off to Dubai is not the way you work on an injury or fitness level just prior to a crucial game.

Something tells me Carroll is out but I hope to hell I am wrong.

I have to think that sending someone off to Dubai is not the way you work on an injury or fitness level just prior to a crucial game.

Something tells me Carroll is out but I hope to hell I am wrong.

Sky sports news :)?