Andy Gray sacked by Sky over sexism row

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really understand what people are getting on their high horse about, it's probably a lot less crude than what some on here would be saying in their position if they thought they were off air.

I can't really understand what people are getting on their high horse about, it's probably a lot less crude than what some on here would be saying in their position if they thought they were off air.

I'm not really arsed about the sexism I just think they are total cunts.

''Oh Dear'' Said Andy Gray as we went 1-0 up against Man Utd.

West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady said remarks by Sky Sports presenters Richard Keys and Andy Gray about a female official made her "blood boil".

Believing their microphones were off, Keys and Gray agreed that Sian Massey and other female assistant referees "did not know the offside rule."

Brady told BBC Radio 5 live: "I don't think any of the comments were anything other than [sexism].

"Here is somebody coming into our game who deserves and warrants our respect."

Host Keys and pundit Gray also discussed comments made by Brady in the Sun newspaper about the levels of sexism in football.

"See charming Karren Brady this morning complaining about sexism? Yeah. Do me a favour love," stated Keys.

606: DEBATE

I believe they should be made to apologise in person on TV to the official concerned

STIG

But Brady said she was more concerned by their comments about Massey's selection for the Premier League match between Liverpool and Wolves.

Speaking ahead of the match on Saturday, Keys commented "somebody better get down there and explain offside to her" and Gray remarked "women don't know the offside rule".

Brady, a former manager director of Birmingham City, felt the remarks showed a lack of respect.

"I just think it's unfair. Here is somebody doing a very important job under very difficult circumstances, who deserves and warrants our respect and here are two people who other people listen to and get their views from not giving her a chance," she said.

"Everyone is entitled to a personal opinion but what really upsets me is the fact that only females in our industry are judged by their gender and that is categorically wrong.

"I don't think any of the comments were anything other than [sexism]. You know 'we'd better go down and tell her the offside rule.' I'm surprised they didn't say 'we'd better go down and tell here to put the kettle on.'"

Sky Sports released a statement on Monday night describing the comments as "unacceptable" and stating that Keys and Gray had apologised for their comments.

"I was very interested to see what Sky would do about it," added Brady. "And as far as I'm concerned they have had a slap on the wrist and that is it.

"I'm genuinely disappointed. It never would have occurred to me that they had those views, whether public or private.

"It almost makes it worse that they're speaking when the microphones are not on as opposed to when they are on, because [they have] never really had the brass neck to say it publicly, they would only say it privately."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9371642.stm

You're hysterical woman, go and have a lie down.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
someone just told me they have been suspended from tonights game. Any truth in this?

Donno I'll just ring Vic Wakelling. FFS.

I'm not really arsed about the sexism I just think they are total cunts.

''Oh Dear'' Said Andy Gray as we went 1-0 up against Man Utd.

When Stalteri scored the winner against West Ham in the 4-3 a couple of seasons back, Andy Gray shouted "OH NO!!!"

He cant help himself, hes not clever enough to cover his bias.

It's about time Gray fucked off anyway, he's been overpaid for stating the obvious for far too many decades.

What's that Andy Gray? The wingers will make their runs up the wing? Glad you've got a set of draughts to visualise this complex part of the game.