Andy Gray sacked by Sky over sexism row

Monroe Transfer

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13...rren-Brady.html

Sky Sports presenters Andy Gray and Richard Keys were at the centre of a sexism row last night after they questioned whether a female linesman knew the offside rule during a Premier League football match.

The commentators, who apparently believed their microphones were switched off, were recorded making disparaging remarks about Sian Massey, 25, before Liverpool’s Premiership clash with Wolves yesterday.

They also criticised Apprentice star and West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady who had yesterday written about sexism in a newspaper column.

Commenting on Ms Massey, Mr Keys said: ‘Somebody better get down there and explain offside to her.’

Mr Gray, a former Scottish international footballer, replied: ‘Can you believe that? A female linesman. Women don’t know the offside rule.’

Mr Keys replied: ‘Course they don’t. I can guarantee you there will be a big one today. Kenny (Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish) will go potty. This isn’t the first time, is it? Didn’t we have one before?’

Later in the exchange, Mr Keys said: ‘The game’s gone mad. Did you hear charming Karren Brady this morning complaining about sexism? Do me a favour, love.’

Ms Brady had said she had ‘experienced sexism at its rankest, lies about my personal life and a level of calculated mischief that is simply appalling’.

Asked about the pundits’ remarks, she said: ‘I think this just sums up everything I said in my column.’

During the game, which Liverpool won 3-0, Ms Massey angered Wolves by refusing to rule Raul Meireles offside before he set up Liverpool’s first goal. The replay showed that she made the correct decision.

When The Mail on Sunday put the transcript to Mr Keys, he said: ‘I have no recollection of that. I have no idea what you are talking about.

'My recollection is that I wished the young lady all the best.’

When told a recording existed of the conversation, he said: ‘If you have a tape then you don’t need me to talk to you.’

Last night The Mail on Sunday sent a transcript and a copy of the recording to a Sky Sports spokeswoman.

She was not able to confirm or deny the veracity of the clip, which was provided to this newspaper by an anonymous source.

Mr Gray could not be reached last night.

In a dream scenario this would lead to Gray getting the sack.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Mr Keys replied: ‘Course they don’t. I can guarantee you there will be a big one today. Kenny (Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish) will go potty. This isn’t the first time, is it? Didn’t we have one before?

:(:icon_lol: Didn't we have one before. What like it's a cancerous wart??

tbh

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Companies often need a shake up. This being the perfect time to fuck these two dry lunches off and get new, unbiased professionals in.

Why does Andy Gray hate us so much? Is there a reason or just down to the fact he's a scotsman who's denying his roots and being an honorary Londoner.

Cunt.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Sian%20Massey%20Sunderland%20v%20Blackpool%20Premier%20-opiF0vs-B-l.jpg

How bland can a woman be?

She looks the type of woman that would be married to Nigel Winterburn.

i dont see what the problem is with women linesmen i mean seriously what were thease two thinking coming out with stupid comments about womenkind saying they dont know the offside rule end of the day if both sexs are trained in football to know thease rules then there shouldnt be a problem

i dont see what the problem is with women linesmen i mean seriously what were thease two thinking coming out with stupid comments about womenkind saying they dont know the offside rule end of the day if both sexs are trained in football to know thease rules then there shouldnt be a problem

sexist.