Andy Gray sacked by Sky over sexism row

Monroe Transfer

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Dunno if this has been posted, but just got it off Twitter

Andy Gray when signing for wolves in 1980. "I'd like to finish my career at molineux...... " , Oh the irony.

;)

:lol:

Heard a few rumours they would both treat the people behind the scenes like dirt which would tie in with the perception they love themselves. If this is true you'd wonder if someone behind the scenes had a few bits of footage lined up as payback should the chance arise.

Aye, and while I had some sympathy with what Keys was saying in his interview (about having been there since the 'start' when Sky was the minor player), it was only sympathy in the sentimental sense. Like shite was he the 'pioneer' that he was trying to make out, with people 'drinking at his well'. It was always someone elses format and it was always someone elses money was at risk. You're a presenter you daft hairy bastard, if you weren't doing it someone else would be and rest assured someone else soon will be. You've picked up a decent wedge as presenter and thats your compensation, never mind all this 'pioneering' bullshit, you were there for a salary.

All of their ideas came from NFL presentation, the arrows on the screen, the boot room all that bollocks, and for me often they don't work that well. Look at Andy Townsend's tactics truck, it got abused so much ITV jacked it after4 weeks.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy Gray when signing for wolves in 1980. "I'd like to finish my career at molineux...... " , Oh the irony.

;)

Heard a few rumours they would both treat the people behind the scenes like dirt which would tie in with the perception they love themselves. If this is true you'd wonder if someone behind the scenes had a few bits of footage lined up as payback should the chance arise.

Aye, and while I had some sympathy with what Keys was saying in his interview (about having been there since the 'start' when Sky was the minor player), it was only sympathy in the sentimental sense. Like shite was he the 'pioneer' that he was trying to make out, with people 'drinking at his well'. It was always someone elses format and it was always someone elses money was at risk. You're a presenter you daft hairy bastard, if you weren't doing it someone else would be and rest assured someone else soon will be. You've picked up a decent wedge as presenter and thats your compensation, never mind all this 'pioneering' bullshit, you were there for a salary.

All of their ideas came from NFL presentation, the arrows on the screen, the boot room all that bollocks, and for me often they don't work that well. Look at Andy Townsend's tactics truck, it got abused so much ITV jacked it after4 weeks.

Monday Night Football as well.

Btw, me Dad was telling me that it's illegal to show NFL games live in the area where the game is taking place if the match itself isn't a sell-out.

;)

;)

Aye good call. And if it had been a success, Townsend wouldn't have been the 'pioneer' that Keys was making out, he'd still just be the bent faced presenter. Unless you're actually the person responsible for bringing something genuinely new to the screen and it's your balls on the line financially, then you're not a pioneer, youre a safe little salaried presenter and you can fuck right off saying otherwise.

;)

Btw, me Dad was telling me that it's illegal to show NFL games live in the area where the game is taking place if the match itself isn't a sell-out.

It's not "illegal" but it's in the TV contracts, no sell out, no broadcast in the home market broadcast area. Rarely happens as local businesses tend to buy up any spare tickets in those areas where it looks like happening (Minnesota being notorious)

;)

Sounds massively Anti American tbh. He'll sharp sort that when he gets his Supreme Court appointment mind.

;)

;)

Sounds massively Anti American tbh. He'll sharp sort that when he gets his Supreme Court appointment mind.

:lol: You'll get a clip next time he sees you. And Toonpack, he mentioned it's rarely a problem but there was some case in Tampa where a bar owner was being taken to court. I see your point about it not being illegal from the TV company's pov, just part of an agreement.

;)

It's not "illegal" but it's in the TV contracts, no sell out, no broadcast in the home market broadcast area. Rarely happens as local businesses tend to buy up any spare tickets in those areas where it looks like happening (Minnesota being notorious)

good idea though.

;)

Another, who still works for Sky, said: "There are many stories of their shocking behaviour. [Gray and Keys] are hated by the crews. It's a climate of fear pervading. But as long as everyone is laughing and it's a joke it's all right isn't it? I believe sexism is systemic and not openly challenged but goes underground or disguised as jokes or 'just banter'."

The third separately cited how "just banter" is claimed as a defence, and explained why that claim holds no water. "Live football is well known as something everyone wants to work on. But no one wants to work with those two. They took the piss out of a runner for having no money. It's nasty bullying with an edge. It's not just banter."

"I think deep down Richard and Andy are just bullies," she said. "They bully new men in the game as well. It's how they operate. They don't have many friends there but after 20 years they've always been at the top of the game and earning a ridiculous amount of money, so I guess who's laughing?

Half the PL would be reducing their stadium's capacity. The TV money means much more than a few arses on seats.

That's what I said when my Dad said it was a good idea.

Half the PL would be reducing their stadium's capacity. The TV money means much more than a few arses on seats.

They'd just flog the remainder to some blag client for 10p if their telly money was at risk.

true, but how many stadiums will be nowhere near full if not already ? Vicious circle isn't it ? Watch on TV in comfort by preference/can't afford tickets etc ?

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

true, but how many stadiums will be nowhere near full if not already ? Vicious circle isn't it ? Watch on TV in comfort by preference/can't afford tickets etc ?

I don't think telly coverage has that much impact to be honest. We got the same crowd in for Blackburn as we did for Stoke which was on telly. In fact there was more at Stoke.

That's the balancing act the yanks have got right, they appreciate (by the nature of only 32 teams in the whole continent) that it has to be a very TV friendly sport, but the TV guys also realise a packed house with atmosphere adds to the whole package.

I don't think telly coverage has that much impact to be honest. We got the same crowd in for Blackburn as we did for Stoke which was on telly. In fact there was more at Stoke.

It would affect normal clubs though. ;)

I reckon he's into getting in them rubber suits with breathing apparatus sexually. He seems a dodgy fucker. Probably him and Gray bounce round in their inflated rubber suits all night after their shit punditry. What kind of woman would be attracted to them? Even gold-diggers would be put off.

Key's patter there is so bad you expect him to come out with, "Yeah I've shagged girls, loads of them. They loved it. Have you ever tried it Graeme? Sex I mean? It's good isn't it? Yeah, we're all men here, enjoying a fun time, we've all had sex, now let's watch some FOOTBALL!"

I reckon he's into getting in them rubber suits with breathing apparatus sexually. He seems a dodgy fucker. Probably him and Gray bounce round in their inflated rubber suits all night after their shit punditry. What kind of woman would be attracted to them? Even gold-diggers would be put off.

Key's patter there is so bad you expect him to come out with, "Yeah I've shagged girls, loads of them. They loved it. Have you ever tried it Graeme? Sex I mean? It's good isn't it? Yeah, we're all men here, enjoying a fun time, we've all had sex, now let's watch some FOOTBALL!"

;)

He's plainly properly emasculated sat there as the only non-footballer in a cardigan and trying to mouth it up to feel accepted. What a complete dick. To the credit of the rest of them they look totally embarrased by him and refuse to participate. Souness even motions to boot him at the end, betraying the fact he would probably like to take him outside and give him a good shoe-ing until he shut the fuck up for good.

;) Like Mark on Peep show