Andy Gray sacked by Sky over sexism row

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon he's into getting in them rubber suits with breathing apparatus sexually. He seems a dodgy fucker. Probably him and Gray bounce round in their inflated rubber suits all night after their shit punditry. What kind of woman would be attracted to them? Even gold-diggers would be put off.

Key's patter there is so bad you expect him to come out with, "Yeah I've shagged girls, loads of them. They loved it. Have you ever tried it Graeme? Sex I mean? It's good isn't it? Yeah, we're all men here, enjoying a fun time, we've all had sex, now let's watch some FOOTBALL!"

Good piece by Charlie Brooker on that 10 o'clock live show (it's good this, never watched it before) highlighting the hypocrisy of not only Sky Sports' sister outlets (i.e. The Sun) but also Sky Sports itself in decrying Keys and Gray for displaying sexist attitudes.

Dunno if this has been posted, but just got it off Twitter

Andy Gray when signing for wolves in 1980. "I'd like to finish my career at molineux...... " , Oh the irony.

:lol:

:huh:

Heard a few rumours they would both treat the people behind the scenes like dirt which would tie in with the perception they love themselves. If this is true you'd wonder if someone behind the scenes had a few bits of footage lined up as payback should the chance arise.

Another, who still works for Sky, said: "There are many stories of their shocking behaviour. [Gray and Keys] are hated by the crews. It's a climate of fear pervading. But as long as everyone is laughing and it's a joke it's all right isn't it? I believe sexism is systemic and not openly challenged but goes underground or disguised as jokes or 'just banter'."

The third separately cited how "just banter" is claimed as a defence, and explained why that claim holds no water. "Live football is well known as something everyone wants to work on. But no one wants to work with those two. They took the piss out of a runner for having no money. It's nasty bullying with an edge. It's not just banter."

"I think deep down Richard and Andy are just bullies," she said. "They bully new men in the game as well. It's how they operate. They don't have many friends there but after 20 years they've always been at the top of the game and earning a ridiculous amount of money, so I guess who's laughing?

Source?

Dunno if this has been posted, but just got it off Twitter

Andy Gray when signing for wolves in 1980. "I'd like to finish my career at molineux...... " , Oh the irony.

:lol:

:huh:

Heard a few rumours they would both treat the people behind the scenes like dirt which would tie in with the perception they love themselves. If this is true you'd wonder if someone behind the scenes had a few bits of footage lined up as payback should the chance arise.

Another, who still works for Sky, said: "There are many stories of their shocking behaviour. [Gray and Keys] are hated by the crews. It's a climate of fear pervading. But as long as everyone is laughing and it's a joke it's all right isn't it? I believe sexism is systemic and not openly challenged but goes underground or disguised as jokes or 'just banter'."

The third separately cited how "just banter" is claimed as a defence, and explained why that claim holds no water. "Live football is well known as something everyone wants to work on. But no one wants to work with those two. They took the piss out of a runner for having no money. It's nasty bullying with an edge. It's not just banter."

"I think deep down Richard and Andy are just bullies," she said. "They bully new men in the game as well. It's how they operate. They don't have many friends there but after 20 years they've always been at the top of the game and earning a ridiculous amount of money, so I guess who's laughing?

Source?

'There's been a culture of bullying and sexism at Sky for a long time'

The "would you smash it?" lass is now married to Jimmy Glass, goalscoring goalkeeper extraordinaire. Smashed Glass.

She's on the front of the Sunday Mirror today. "my pain over comments" "demands apology" etc. FFS :)

:razz: It's class tbh no one had any idea who they were talking about until she put herself on the front page, some of the quotes from Glass inside were class things like "when I first saw it I just couldn't understand why they were talking about 'hanging out the back' of my wife" I think it's a fair assessment that Redknapp's probably had a good amount of girlfriends so this lad must be a fucking mind reader to have straight away known it was about her.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Marshall-Barnes
Signed up for TalkSport

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/feb/0...-gray-talksport

Stevie seething

:lol: They'll be getting paid a fortune.

The average Super Sunday game gets 1.2m viewers. Talksport averages 3m listeners during the day, all those ad's etc.. they'll be minting it in.

Toontastic should start its own little radio station, would be easy to set up, each week with a new member presenting.

Edited by Marshall-Barnes